Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What are your favourite scented candles etc

129 posts, 80 members
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't had a candle in years. My last one a glade on, when my oldest daughter was a baby. I really would love a candle.
shazatron101
5112 posts
How is this thread not alive!? I LOVE wax melts, I have three burners littered around my house, and I love picking up new melts at craft fairs and the seaside markets we have here. I really like Bath and Body works 3 wick candles, you have to use a forwarding company (or friend) to get them here but god they're worth it. I have two from the Christmas range, a Cranberry and a Peppermint one. They float into my nose when I'm sleeping and I love it :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm such a candle person. I have them burning SO often. I really really want to try candle crush and ecoya but i'll burn anything and everything lol. My usual go-to are the Warehouse Aura ones which are astonishingly good for how cheap they are!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yes! I love those warehouse ones, they are surprisingly good smelling. Great English. Don't even worry haha. I really wanna try candle crush too but I really can't justify spending that price on a candle haha. Even when they were buy 3 get 1 free, $90 for candles? nope. lol. I wish they still made their melts :'( I'd love to do a wax swap haha or is that so overly nana-ry of me? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm not getting DF alcohol this time around so I'm thinking I might treat myself to an Ecoya candle DF, maybe. But cba carrying it there and back and can't remember if they have them on this side. Meh.

But yeah, crazy expensive but sooo yummy in the sure. The other ones too, Glasshouse. And The Peter Alexander ones.

Actually I'm gonna work from my home, maybe it counts as a business expense?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha definitely business expense!!
Danni
324 posts
I love soy melts or any type of melts as I can't afford candles all the time and am very particular about scent! I'm currently melting Alexandar the Grape from candle crush which is amazing! And after that I have the cookie one which I'm so excited for and its probably my fave scent ever! I love me a sweet scent. And then I have my eyes on a yankee candle in lime and cilantro (I THINK) but it smells like a lime milkshake
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wish I could afford Candle Crush haha! And as for Yankee, I don't really like them! They're at Spotlight in town and I've smelled a lot of them, and I only liked maybe 10% of them. Their wax melts I don't think last very long either which is a shame - though I'm finding it hard to find any wax melts that last a decent amount of time, smell wise.
Danni
324 posts
I've only been able to afford the melts and not the full candles because they were $4 each. Sadly discontinued though :( and as for the yankee candles I know what you mean. I went into spotlight sniffing them and I literally liked one out of like 15 hahaha I know there are some amazing yankee ones but its like spotlight just got all the gross ones that don't sell over seas! As well as that I'd never even heard of the scents spotlight stocked...
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahah Danni that was my thoughts exactly!! Hahahaha ahh, great minds! I had a blue one, like carribbean something something, that was nice but lasted that one burning haha. I was like... THATS IT!?!? Sigh. I have a whole heap from these guys, I usually buy a whole heap from their clearance haha. They don't last long either, maybe 2 burns if you're lucky. If you ever see him at a craft fair don't tell him what tea light you use, god, you'll never hear the end of it. I buy 100 tealights for $7, rather than 5 soy candles for $20 or whatever. The look he gives you is like you shot his dog! Sad and disgusted lol
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I picked up some soy candles on NZsale when they are on special the only issue is they take ages to arrive
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hah, that's probably why I wouldn't buy off of NZsale, I hate waiting :P
Julieal
915 posts
Aromatherapy  is my favourite brand however I have not tried the melts and they sound as though they are really good
-Bex-
611 posts
I LOVE candle crush!! like a kid in a candy store and oh mean vanilla bean would be my faves. They are a bit pricey but they burn for at least 50 hours and the glass jars once your finished burning them are cool. I have used some to sit my brushes in.
pumau
121 posts
Has anyone tried revealcandles? I'm tempted to by one as they come in the cutest scents but I dont know anyone that has?

shazatron101
5112 posts
No, but I've always wanted too! They look so cool
pumau
121 posts
Plus they come with a freebie! A cute candle and a ring, win win. But i dont want it if the candle doesnt have a scent. Or an over bearing melted plastic scent when the label clearly says "pomegranate" or something.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Exactly!! Ahh now I feel like going on a google hunt for some hahaha. If they have a FB page you could always check out the comments - people usually comment if they're amazing, or if they smell like plastic haha
pumau
121 posts
Ughh what an idiot, i didn't even think of doing that.
So they definately have a facebook page and not one bad review in sight. And they have scents I didn't know they had.
Yay for payday this coming week.

Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Reading this thread has just reminded me how much i want to try candle crush. I wish they still did the melts because then you can try before you buy which im a big fan of.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yes Binary! I wish they still made them too :'( 
vintage_ink
42 posts
Love Love Love Citrus, Vanilla and Tropical scents. Candles are amazing, apart from their beautiful and uplifting scents , the glow of a candle is calming too,
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I think my sense change I love floral tropical and now I'm in love with vanilla. Last month I purchased a candle from candles by Bee, she's a entrepreneur candle and diffuser maker in Auckland and I love her vanilla scented candle. It smelt like caramel. Unfortunately the burn time was fast it said 20 hrs but it felt like less. Maybe I overdid it. You can't blame me because the smell was devine.
Ringy
825 posts
OMG just received my Purple Orchid soy melts after trialling a candle I thought I'd get some melts to test out a few of the scents- the French Vanilla Icecream smells exactly like an Icecream- like I can even smell the cone! It's is unreal and I wish it was a hot summers day so I could have an Icecream right now!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Why can't you have icecream now? Hehehe ;-P 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ringfamily you made me dribble over my paperwork with that description! definately on my next to buy list!!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Ringfamily that's awesome!!! See how there aren't enough kiss things in the reviews for this brand.
rachelb
3 posts
I love The Aromatherapy Co.'s Mileu range, in particular Gardenia and Ylang Ylang (so calming) and Passionfruit and Orange Blossom.
Aside from the divine scent, the design is lovely and they're the perfect size. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
So I used the Glad Amber and Oud again and it didn't give me a headache this time. I absolutely love it. I actually bought another one today as it was on special and it burns quite fast. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!