Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What are your favourite scented candles etc

129 posts, 80 members
1139 posts
I like how they give you the option of melts so you can try out lots of scents before buying the full size! The prices seem really reasonable too.
1139 posts
Just a heads up - if you enter the code 'CARSTINA10' you get $10 off orders over $29 on Candlecrush. :)
Cat
474 posts
Haha just been watching livlovesbeauty on YouTube and she has a review and giveaway. Same deal with $10 off but with code livlovescc :)
Annah S made a Caramel and Vanilla candle that was to die for.  It made me crave chocolate caramels everytime I lit it so may not be advisible for those who are limiting sugar!!!
gaijinchick
147 posts
Ok, this thread has encouraged me to get some scented candles now. Y'all are a terrible influence. ;) 
Thanks Cat and Elena I have just ordered from candle crush, two melts the coconut and piña colada, can't wait for them to arrive :)
1139 posts
I ordered the coconut as well, suzanneenglish94! I also ordered Like a Kid in a Candy Store, Lions and Tigers and Pears, Oh My! and an oil burner (since I don't actually own an oil burner already). They sent me an email an hour after I ordered saying that my order had been packed and was ready for courier pickup - this is super fast. I'm really looking forward to this arriving! 
Ooh let me know Elena what those other flavours are like, I'm really tempted to order more actually but I am resisting the temptation lol.
1139 posts
Will do Suzanne! I totally get what you mean about wanting to order more - I think I had 10 different melts in my cart but had to narrow it down quite a lot!
belindaledwards
111 posts
I put in an order last night on Candle Crush, so excited to receive it after these reviews, I got the oil burner, and the coconut melt, pina colada,, and like a kid in a candy store, can't wait for these to arrive :-)
annaliesew832
44 posts
Ecoya and Yankee Candles are my fave!! You can get Yankee candles from Spotlight :) 
radiomum
5 posts
Ecoya candles are the best, IMHO, but they are pretty pricey. I love Jo Malone too. My mother-in-law bought me some MOR candles for Christmas, and they are just gorgeous!
My favourite is Glasshouse, Tahaa Vanilla Caramel.  You can get them at Peter Alexander. Love, love, love!
KrystleF
158 posts
Oh I love candles- just wish I could afford more of the gorgeous ones- they make the best presents.
I love Ecoya ones and I look out for the sales Redcurrant and Living & Giving have to get them cheaper sometimes.

I have just found out about the NZ company candle crush so going to give them a try- has anyone brought their candles yet?

pintsize
1072 posts
I love the sound of the Peter Alexander Triple Scented Candle - Vanilla Caramel...
it is my two favourite scents/flavours combined... has to be good :)
sjaffs
17 posts
I love the Ecoya candles too - I have the Christmas pine one which I burn at, well, Christmas time, but I wish I could have it all the time because I love it so much.  I also have the Lotus Flower one which I burn in the evenings.

My mother bought a Jo Malone candle when she was up here last, but I am not convinced that it was worth the extra dosh!
My candle crush order arrived today, currently burning piña colada melt. Smells divine! So much so I've just ordered some more lol. Very quick delivery :)
Wingles
52 posts
I am a huge Yankee Candle "tart" fan and always stock up or talk friends into bringing me back supplies from the States. I prefer the tarts over the candles as I think the scent throw is always a lot better and you can reuse them over several days.

I love Ecoya as well but am always reluctant to use them as they are a bit of a higher price point. Having said that I have a French Pear burning on my desk right now :)
Ye I always used Yankee candle when I lived in the UK but have never seen them here, I usually stock up on the tarts and votives :)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Oh man, I reeeeeeeeeeeeally want to try Candle Crush - I love that they are an NZ company. I am really interested in 'Italian Stallion' as I love horses and I think the name is cute :P
ree_nz
247 posts
Really want to try Ecoya! Any suggestions for nice smelling relaxing scents? Haven't been sleeping well and thinking a nice relaxing candle and a good book before bed might help.
xjayloux
900 posts
Vanilla scent is known for comforting and relaxing properties 
1139 posts
My melts from Candle Crush arrived today and I'm burning one now in my new oil burner. I bought the black oil burner and it's really beautiful! I'm currently burning Lions and Tigers and Pears, Oh My! and the smell is really lovely and strong (but not overpowering). Thanks Cat for letting us know about this brand - I'm already thinking about the next melts I'm going to buy!
Chaotic82
522 posts
I've been making my own, made them as presents for Christmas and have some leftovers.
But LOVE the sound of Caramel and Vanilla.  Also going to have to check out this Candle Crush :D
Bronnie
78 posts
I really love "Living Light" Candles.  I absolutely love their devine smells.  They also have an awesome range of designer candles which make stunning centre-pieces for any table.
karenmarie280
88 posts
I love how every one has suggested their own favourites & I thank you all for your in put.. I just recently discovered " DREAM MELTS " You can find them on face book at Dream Melts these are eco friendly handmade right here in NZ from soy/wax..I am currently burning-the NAG CHAMPA & also CHAMPAGNE & STRAWBERRIES. These melts are extremely potent & long lasting, Donna also supplies mosaic melt burners & mosaic lanterns for very reasonable prices..  Check out her site & let her know I sent you 
Gotta love KIWI MADE x

ps Sorry everyone I had a link on here but for some reason it was broken so I have edited this post to the face book page instead.
 https://www.facebook.com/dreamymelts
LisaE5
447 posts
Ooooh I've never heard of those before, guess I'll have to try them now. They sound so nice!
Bird
231 posts
They sound awesome Karenmarie, but I'm having trouble finding the site, the links aren't working for me :( 
(nag champa champagne & strawberrys? yum!!!!!!)
karenmarie280
88 posts
Yes sooo sorry Bird
the link seems to be wrong, I don't know why sorry. They also have a Facebook page - Dream Melts where you can post or private message her to see what scents etc they have. I will talk to Donna & see why the link I posted isn't working & hopefully update it asap
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've finally got my candle crush order at the weekend and yum!!! dare I say I have a new addiction may be brewing here.  I got 4 with the buy 3 get 1 free offer.

Snug as a bug
Gingerbeer-bear
Italian Stallion
Singing in the rain.

All Tuesday while being ill in bed I had snug as a bug on and it almost felt as if the whole room had a just out of the bath/talc kinda glow to it, was incredibly relaxing.

Then yesterday I had on Gingerbeer-bear and Mmmmm it made me wanna bake but gave a feeling of having the woodfire on with out it being on (if you get what I mean)

The fact that they last for 50+ hours is an added bonus, can't wait to get home and put another one on =)
emann
73 posts
I looooove Yankee candle. I have been getting them for about 15 years now. Before the we're in nz I got from oz and USA.  There is amazing Christmas shop in Christchurch that have a great range. My husband got me Christmas Eve candle for Christmas.  I love the apple and cinnamon pie one. Yum.  I am so glad they sell them at spot light. They just need a bigger range. My entire house smell delish.
karenmarie280
88 posts
Hello Here is the link to Donnas Dream Melts Facebook page
Bird
231 posts
Thanks loveley :D looks like they do markets, wish they'd come up North lol!
karenmarie280
88 posts
They are delish smelling Bird..& yes they do markets etc..Donna does courier/post to North Island also
karenmarie280
88 posts
They are delish smelling Bird..& yes they do markets etc..Donna does courier/post to North Island also
vintage_ink
42 posts
I make 100% Soy Candles myself.

So I have a tonne of Fragrance Oils.

And 5 years later Citrus Oils are still my number one all time fave.

Especially Grapefruit, it's so uplifting and energizing. Cleansing arrrgh. LOVE IT!!
HayleyM
3 posts
I adore Ecoya candles...but they are so spency!!
Yankee candles are pretty delicious too - But I am a vintage girl at heart so I like making my own! That way I can have all the delicious scents I like (Strawberries and Champagne is a personal favourite at the moment)  in the style that reflects my home!
Hollie
320 posts
George and Edi candles, made in Wanaka, are the best I've ever burned and smelled. A friend gave me some for Christmas and I have since bought some more.
Skye
9 posts
Recently discovered candle crush they are amazing (much more affordable than glasshouse or ecoya) the best candles I've ever smelt are the mor candles but they are like $70 !! 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am in love with the vanilla ecoya candle! I can't get enough of it!! Also managed to get a big one for $25 from a sale so was quite affordable! Iv heard amazing things about the candle crush range but am yet to try any for myself!! P.S Skye you can but smaller versions of the Mor candles and they rrp for about $16 I yhink! They last roughly 20 to 30 hours per candle aswell ( that's just a tough estimate as we burn them at work)
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
I have the coconut and elderflower scented candle from Ecoya burning right now, it's so nice and fresh!  Great for summer I think.  I love nearly all the Ecoya scents and although they're expensive you can really tell the quality is there and they can last a long time!  Damn Bath and Body Works for not opening a store here because I have a couple of candles from them too and they're gorgeous.  Yankee candles are also popular, I've only ever had the mini ones though and have never been impressed by those ones - the scent just doesn't seem to diffuse right when lit, I can't even tell it's burning!  But I have friends with the larger sized Yankee candles and those always do the trick well.  But honestly I also have some cheap tealight scented candles from the Warehouse, I burn them in an oil burner for decoration and while they don't last long they smell great and work well for their price.
My fave candle scent is the vanilla and caramel peter alexander candles that I got to trial through BR. I absolutely love it. Which reminds me - hopefully its on sale on boxing day so I can buy another!
Sugar_spice
23 posts
Ecoya all the way! I have quite the collection ;) My fav is sweet pea and jasmine and I've just bought the Xmas scent and its amazing! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love Diptyque Baies. It is my special occassion candle though.

I also have a few Bath and Body Works candles to get through, my fav of them is Lavender Vanilla. The scents really balance each other really well.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I'm in love with Peter Alexandrea candles :) all off them are amazing, oh and there xmas one is fab xx. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Definitely the Glasshouse vanilla/caramel, I can't get enough of it!

I also made a Candlecrush order a couple of months ago, I got the buy 10 get 2 free on the melts, so I got a good taster of their entire range, so yummy and I still have half of them left! :) I really want to get their fullsize ones as you can buy 3 get one free, but I need to use what I have first.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I am a very lucky lady and often recieve candles as gifts.. I love Ecoya for fresh scents, Woodwick for a very strong smell without even being lit (I own the cranberry scent and it is DIVINE) and Candle Crush for original scents that are strong when lit. xx
lana-la
67 posts
I love candles and have so many in my house it's slightly crazy. Around this time of year I love my "food" smelling ones like caramel and gingerbread as I feel just a tad more christmassy when i can smell that lol. This year we have a pine smelling one in our lounge which is great as i can use a fake tree yet still have that great smell. I love the ecoya range and the glasshouse ones too. I have a few candle melts which last for ages its amazing
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Orange vanilla or Coconut oasis from Soi. I picked them up on NZ sale, on the off chance they were decent, smell is amazing and they come in cute tins.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Oh no I just smelt a bunch of amazing candles this weekend and I can't quite remember which is which! I think it might have been Cotton On Body that had this amazing Vanilla and Lavender scented candle that I am in love with. There's also a brand in Farmers called Natural Wax that have the most amazing Vanilla and Ginger candle. I know it sounds really odd but I swear it smells awesome.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!