Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Winter skincare tips?

27 posts, 15 members
MissDilly
229 posts
... moving into winter I'm wondering if the BR gurus/family  have some winter skin care 'must haves' or products /tips they add to their routine at this time of year? My skin feels a bit blah right now - I know my skin moves with the seasons and I usually give it a boost with adding a barrier cream every other night to give it a boost of moisture  ....but wondering if there's other winter skin tips out there?  
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have dry skin and winter definitely doesn't help. I do more hydrating masks and love the skinfood hydrating serum. I started using it in winter last year and it helped so much. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
While I usually favour natural and organic lip balms, in winter I keep some carmex lip balm on hand for wind chapped lips.

I also keep hand cream at my desk at work for dry hands (equally useful right now as it is in winter).
tabucutie
1811 posts
I tend to use thicker creams for night face moisturizer and body moisturizing.  
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I recently completely changed my skincare and routine and my dehydrated skin is loving me for it. If you want hydration I highly recommend a Hyaluronic acid serum (put on a damp face) and squalane. For dullness use a vitamin C product. I also recommend The Ordinary brand too
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes definitely go for a hyaluronic acid, mist before and after with a hydrating mist. Seal it in with an oil or moisturiser or both. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm obsessed with Clinique moisture surge atm. It's packing my skin full of hydration.

i also love Glow Recipe  avocado melt sleeping mask for a real boost once or twice a week. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
My summer doesnt change from winter, maybe im just lazy haha but i just use a mist spray or 4, serum if i have it, the trilogy overnight mask (i just like the smell and i never use it at night sooooo) and an oil

But i have been adding some of this watermelon mask trudi gave me, ohhhh its lush. Smells lovely too, makes my skin feel like its been pampered all day haha
MissDilly
229 posts
Awesome tips, thanks!  I think I need to discover Glow Recipe in next weeks Mecca order! Watermelon mask sounds devine!  I'll definitely 'amp' up my night cream. I love all things Hyaluronic so will make sure I keep that going....     Clinique Moisture surge is definitely Amazing! I nabbed a product in a Vault last year I think and it's definitely a favourite.....    Loving hearing about brands I haven't thought to try yet!   My hair needs some love too - need to explore Mecca's hair care for some new favourites .....
Kat555
143 posts
These are great tips. I was just saying to someone this week how dry my skin is at the moment and my lips are so dry. Must get myself some Hyluronic acid.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ah shaz I'd forgotten about that! So glad it's working so well for you, it made me hellllllllla greasy.  The avo ones perfect for me tho :) 
Macs
5351 posts
In winter I normally use facial oil serums, but not this time . But lately it's been skinfood cleanser , skinfood light moisturiser , Clarins night cream . A face mask weekly . I've been using this neutrogena sleeping mask recommended by my customer. It has Hyaluronic acid and shea butter in it . 

So far so good. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Macs that mask sounds devine
Emily-jane
314 posts
Yes my nighttime routine has changed. I've just started using a oil balm for underneath my moisturiser at night.  Ive already noticed a difference in my skin hydration. I've also just purchased a lip treatment for at night. My lips get so cracked in winter so I really hope this helps.
MissDilly
229 posts
@Emily-jane  What is the oil balm?  Something like that under my night cream sounds perfect! 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I haven't noticed any change in hydration as the weather has cooled but I've noticed a change in my skin with red bumps/blind pimples occasionally appearing and my skin not healing as well. So might need to look into a change in skincare there.
Emily-jane
314 posts
@missdilly it's called youth activating oil balm made by O cosmedics. It's a complete splurge product for me but it's so lovely and hydrating. I haven't seen an oil balm from another brand like this.
KnotJustAScarf
43 posts
I also love using sleeping masks to help with hydration overnight. My favourite at the moment is a Korean beauty brands called Innisfree that do a lovely light green tea sleeping mask but also a richer thicker orchid one.
Emily-jane
314 posts
Overnight masks are great. I use one twice a week. I haven't used any Korean skincare brands before but I am hearing more and more about them. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hey Emily-Jane do you notice a difference between using an overnight mask compared to a night cream? I have only got in to using these in the last year and tbh they seem to do the same job to me?
Emily-jane
314 posts
Hey tabucatie. I do notice a difference mainly they are much more rich and hydrating and I wake up with very soft skin. I am using a salon range of skincare at the moment to try and treat pigmentation and the mask has niacinamide in it also to help with this.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Didn't know what niacinamide was so googled it and it looks like a really good ingredient. Could be useful to find a product with this, I wonder if it would help my redness.

Maybe I just need to try more/different overnight masks and night creams. Don't get me wrong the ones I have used do the job really well. I just wondered if it was one of those "another unnecessary thing to have in your routine" ones.
Emily-jane
314 posts
I think the ordinary range do a product with it in it. They seem pretty affordable. 
Norawa
5 posts
Read this article with some useful tips
masterPaul
6 posts
oil cream and balsam for lips!
masterPaul
6 posts
Aeno natural cream is so perfect! My tattoo artist recommended it as preparation for an upcoming piece to add essential vitamins to the skin. It goes on a teeny bit oily, but it the better for winter weather and does not stain clothing, cream easily in use. Have seen a marked improvement in the elasticity of my skin.
Emma23
2 posts
I use lip balm everyday - my lips get very chapped. I have recently been using a coconut oil moisturiser that works well and smells amazing. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!