Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The Ordinary hits Beautylish.com

22 posts, 11 members
Imoshen
461 posts
A few weeks back I ordered the Vitamin C Suspension to try out (lots of people hated this because it was gritty and made their skin burn) but I was pleasantly surprised.  The grittiness is like using a manual exfoliator on your face but I didn't get any of the burning/stinging sensation or redness that others had complained about and the results were nice (not as nice as another Vitamin C serum I've been using).

So I went ahead and ordered a couple more products to try out.  Boy what a difference their stuff is making so far.

I ordered:
Niacinamide 10% + 1% Zinc - so far I'm thinking this is better than Paula's Choice.
Azelaic Acid Suspension - only using this at night as it pills
1% Retinol
2% Advanced Retinoid - this is amazing!

I haven't used them long enough to give a review but so far I'm loving this more than some of my Paula's Choice products.

If any of you are interested, you can now buy The Ordinary from Beautylish.com (they ship to NZ) and it's cheaper than their own website.  

I have some more products on order but they haven't been shipped yet.  

Just remember, most of these are 30 ml tubes so quite small but there again, you are only supposed to use small amounts :P.

Ringy
825 posts
I've heard a lot about this brand - just not sure what each product is meant to do so am confused what to order!
Imoshen
461 posts
Beautylish released a Treatment Guide that might help you decide.

I've been using the Azeliac Acid (which I'm loving), 1% and 2% Retinol (I much prefer the 2%), Vitamin C Suspension (great product but there are better ones), Niacinamide + 1% Zinc and I've just ordered a whole heap of other stuff :).

Something to be aware of is that the tubes are a tiny 30 ml but you only need a small amount anyway.

There is a youtube blogger that did a review too.  Be sure to watch Part 1 and 2.

Imoshen
461 posts
The Ordinary is up on Beautypedia if you want to read their conclusions on The Ordinary products.
Imoshen
461 posts
Here you go, Stephanie Nicole's review on The Ordinary.

She gets it!  She's a bit wrong on the 2% retinoid too btw.  It's not as strong as the 1% retinol but it's just as good and a lot gentler on skin if you've never used any form of Vitamin A before.

Interesting to see her take on the Vitamin C options too.
eysi
10 posts
I am so excited to try out their products but they are always out of stock. The first product I want to try is Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% because of the dark spots on my face. Do you have an idea when will they restock?

Thank you!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'm not sure when they will restock but you can put your email down and sign up for notification when the products you do want are back in stock. I did this with the Alpha Arbutin when it was out of stock when I did my first order. 
Imoshen
461 posts
It shouldn't be too far away.  I have been checking them everyday and notice they haven't been out of stock on items for a long while (except the Marula Oil, that one is NEVER in stock).

I also want the Vitamin C Suspension :).

I also really want to try their NIOD range but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money.
You can also get The Ordinary from Asos! That's where I got my first order. They don't have the ascorbic suspension but do have some other Vit C serums.
At the moment my favourite The Ordinary product is the azelaic acid. I feel like it's making a difference for my redness! Just gotta remember to use it regularly...
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I like the azeliac acid and the vitamin c although it's gritty it's best to apply when your skin is wet to prevent the gritty feel. Also liking the lactic acid too.

A NZ site sticks it too but a lot is out of stock. Lefemmebeauty. Estee lauder purchased the company that owns The Ordinary brand too so hoping they keep the price range and it's formula
Imoshen
461 posts
I read your post k3r1pakai and said "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! surely not!" but it's true :(.  I suppose it makes a lot of sense, Estee Lauder has a huge global connection and massive amounts of money behind it but let's just hope they don't interfere with the products or the formulas of what DECIEM is trying to do (I REALLY want to get my hands on some Hand Chemistry!!).  

Thanks for the tips on the websites!  My latest order from Beautylish which I placed just over two weeks ago still hasn't turned up yet but here's hoping it's not too far away.

I was using Paula's Choice products exclusively but as I have used The Ordinary more and more I am dropping most of PC's products.  If The Orindary make a cleanser and SPF though, PC would be in serious trouble from me :).

I have tried most of the line from The Ordinary and love it all except the Glycolic Solution.  This one broke me out but when I used it, it could have just been overload from trying all these new products.

I have seen more results in days of using The Ordinary than I have in months of using Paula's Choice.

My favourites are:
Advanced Retinoid 2%
Azelaic Acid
Niacinamide 10% + 1% Zinc
Lactic Acid 5% - was scared of using this but it's sooooooooo gentle
High Adherence Silicone Primer - as somone that uses mineral foundation, I was blown away by the performance of this product!
The Buffet

I love the others I've tried but these guys are exceptional.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Nooooooooooooooooooo! I hope Estee Lauder doesn't bump up the price or tamper with the formulas. I've been really liking the Buffet. I saw results within a week to ten days. I'm definitely buying more.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've notice this brand pop up more often now. I did have a primer in my cart on beautylish when I last ordered through them but took it out as I hadn't heard or seen enough about them.
Imoshen
461 posts
For roughly $6.80 NZD you really can't go wrong with it.  If it works, buy more, if not then you haven't spent a lot of money on it and can just give it away.  

It's a rich white gel typed primer.  You can get away with using a small amount as it spreads so easily.  It doesn't smell, it doesn't pill (for me anyway), whenever I have used my tinted SPF over it the colour is absorbed immediately without patchiness that needs to be patted or massaged in and it lasts all day with only one blot.  

It also hasn't made me break out which is a super bonus!

I don't use primer, I've never found one I liked or did what it was supposed to until I tried this one.  

It doesn't smooth out pores, I think you'd have to try the Hymalide Blur for that but it does make your skin nice and matte.  For this price point and the job I've seen it do, I can't get enough of it.
Imoshen
461 posts
Just been having a look at The Orindary's home page and discovered they are releasing two new Vitamin C products:

100% L-Ascorbic Powder
Vitaminc C 30% Suspension in Silicone

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

OH!  They are also releasing Sunscreen!!!  What an exciting day!!!

(NMF = Natural Moisturising Factors which is a great moisturiser for those with sensitive skins)
Macs
5351 posts
Never heard of it before. Wouldn't know where to start with it all. I wouldn't have a clue how to use that stuff. Sounds good though.
Imoshen
461 posts
Macs a good place to start is here:

Gothamista Review Part 1
Gothamista Review Part 2

She gives a really good overview of most of their products and what they do.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My skincare routine has been so random lately, I keep going from one product to the next like a yo-yo but I have had some Ordinary products sitting in my Beautylish cart for the past week and I think I need to take the plunge and test a few out. I mean, for the price, you can't really go wrong, can you?
Julieal
915 posts
I would be totally confused of what works and what to order -sounds like you ladies have it all sussed though
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I have lots of dark spots on my face... it’s accumulating... looks like i’ll need to start trying out the vitamin c suspension soon =D
Imoshen
461 posts
Grab the Niacinamide while you're at it.  This is good for helping to brighten the skin.  
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I’ve just started using the ‘Buffet’ and now i’m wondering where i have been all these years not having tried it sooner hahahaha =D. Definitely will look into more products from the Ordinary. Yip will definitely need to try the niacinamide, just that i’ve been using a bit of vitamin c products, so probably will have to wait until i’ve finished my vitamin c collection hahahaha =D

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!