Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The Ordinary brand?

35 posts, 12 members
Kat555
143 posts
Does anyone use The Ordinary brand at all. I see they have a few serums and skin products. I'd love to know what other people's thoughts are on these? Thanks :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've just thankfully finished their Vitamin C in silicon serum. Hated it as it pills like crazy. Their Marula Oil is nice though, comparable to Drunk Elephants. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I went through a phase of loving it when everyone was raving about it. Worth a try.
Kat555
143 posts
Thanks. Any particular that you really liked? I'm just wondering about vitamin c treatment.
Kat555
143 posts
worldofsooziewong there seem to be quite a few different vitamin c products. I will try to avoid the silicon. Sounds like that's not ideal?
Kat555
143 posts
Lisa which products did you really like? There's an Alpha Lipoic Acid that sounds quite good I thought?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hyaluronic acid, Marula oil, Peeling solution, Lactic acid, The Buffet and Natural moisturising factors.  They are the only ones I have purchased.  I have dry skin so had that in mind while selecting which would be best for me. I loved the HA, Marula oil and The Buffet.  I remember something used to ball up on my skin which I hated. I enjoyed the lactic acid but the peeling solution stung too much I didn't like it. What is your skin type?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol dunno what happened there!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisalou, I don't know either as I tried looking at your post to edit it and theres nothing weird in there. Odd. 

I liked The Buffet too. I also found The Peeling Solution too strong and unpleasant, even though I use acid products every day. 
Kat555
143 posts
Thanks ladies. I'd be keen to try at few to see what they're like. My skin is quite combination but can be sensitive in the respect that it can break out for no particular reason. Thanks for giving me a few options. :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Those "color #" errors sometimes occur if the comment is typed up elsewhere and copied and pasted, or part of the comment is copy and pasted.  

When it happens to my comments, I usually just click "edit post" and can take them out before resubmitting. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap or if you try to put in an emoji. I tried to edit it for Lisalou but there was nothing in there to take out. Weird. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Managed to fix it somehow. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol thanks! I had copied and pasted like Silvene said but when I went to edit I couldn't see it either.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I actually purchased quite a wee range from Adore Beauty a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying them all and has really helped my dry skin. I wanted the peeling solution but it wouldn't let me order that as it said NZ wouldn't allow it. Kinda glad though cause it would be too harsh on me.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I didn't get the vitamin C suspension as it's apparently really gritty. I opted for quite gentle hydrating products.

I use the Squalane cleanser, Marine Hyaluronics (on damp face), The Buffet, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalatate Solution 20% (Vitamin C), Granactive Retinoid 5% in Sqalane, Rose Hip Seed Oil. I will probably also get the glycolic toner to use 2 or 3 times a week and I have the 100% plant derived Squalane
Kat555
143 posts
That's great Jackie. I would love to hear how you get on with those when you've had a change to try them out. I've just ordered a vitamin c suspension. Hopefully it will be fine on my face. I'll keep you posted! 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Getting into The Ordinary products as well, so great to hear what people think. 
MissDilly
229 posts
My 'must have' TO products are the Peeling solution (once a week), Buffet + Copper (morning and night),  Hyaluronic + B5 (though the L'Oreal serum I loved more I think - but I'm using the TO one up), Grenactive Reinoid 5% in Squalane for night time... I haven't used their oils (other than EUK) - preferring Trilogy for those. Vitamin C - prefer Tailor Gold Dust.  Tried TO EUK but like the Vit C, it pilled on my face if I combined it with any other serums outside of my usual routine, and it had a weird warming feeling when applying - I never was sure what I was achieving with that in my routine.  They're a nice range and I always have room for a few things. I think the Peeling Solution is the one I miss the most when I run out - as there's nothing really like it out there.    The TO monkeys are great to start you on a routine - you just go to the Deciem website, look for what products should I use, and send them some basic details and they'll come back with an idea of a routine. Then you can buy the products here in NZ :) 
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm looking at purchasing some more the ordinary products m. They are really affordable. I am currently using the azeliac acid suspension which is meant to be for smoothing. And the amino acid. I want something for acne scars and redness so I'm thinking of trying the naicinamide
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Ezibuy are having a sale including The Ordinary. I just had a look and they don't have a lot of the products. I'm sure they had a lot more last time I looked. I do recommend Adore Beauty to buy it from though which is Australian. Or La Femme Beauty is here in NZ which I've dealt with too
Kat555
143 posts
Thanks for the tip Jackie. I will have to have a wee look see! I've ordered some now but it looks like it might be a while off.  I think it's coming from Aussie. I didn't realise at the time. I'm looking forward to trying them
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Where did you get it from? I hear the ordinary have been selling out of heaps of stuff in the US so that could be the issue. Maybe Ezibuy aren't listing the things they can't get ...
Ive used The Buffet for quite some time and really like it. Also loving everything I got. Skin is much nicer
Kat555
143 posts
I got it from Recreate Yourself. I have just looked at the tracking and it has now arrived in NZ! Yay! No doubt there is a heavy demand on a few things now that people are able to buy and ship items. It sounds like the Buffett is a great one to try. Thanks for you help.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I see its sold in farmers so looking forward to having a look at the range instore.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I really like the ordinary. I found Adore Beauty the best place to get it from. They have a thing where you get rewarded $1 per review of products up to $19 so I of course did that :)
Kat555
143 posts
Oh that's good to know. So far I'm really enjoying the products I bought. Another place that I saw they have them which surprised me was Ezibuy. I might need to do a little more shopping. I'm really impressed by the prices of their products.
Bowielicious
1 posts
Hiya, I use the caffeine solution for the eye area and buffet serum for the face.
I think these two products are great, apply them before a moisturiser.

There's a lot of reading about the ordinary products that needs to be done before you use them, some product can't be used in combination with others, the ordinary website will tell you good combos to use. 

I've tried vitamen C based creams, I'm not a fan of these as quite strong on my skin. 
The price se are great overall, defo worth checking out. 

JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I agree they can be so confusing. I spent ages reading up on them and watching YouTube etc but I think I have my routine down. I've got semi sensitive dry skin so for a vitamin c I actually went for their Ascorbyl Tetraisopalatate Solution 20% in vitamin F which I like for my skin
Macs
5351 posts
How do you ladies understand all that . I get so confused . I just follow what BR teaches with skincare . I love the idea of you tube . Would help me understand it all. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yeah was so confusing but I knew I had to completely overhaul my skincare and fully understand what my skin needed and what works well together ... So just researched like crazy 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, I'd recommend Caroline Hirons on YouTube, insta etc for skincare advice and how to use different products. She also has a blog and has just released a book. My skins the best it's ever been since I started following her. 
MissDilly
229 posts
Love Caroline Hirons too - her cheat sheets are fantastic ... I was missing the toner step in my routine (believing all the myths!) and now use exfoliant toner first and  hydrating mist after - completely changed my skin.... slowly sorting the dehydration problem now 
Kat555
143 posts
Thanks so much for the tip Soozie! I never think to watch bloggers or youtube clips. Must make an effort to do that. Sometimes my beauty routines are a little bit.... well... hit and miss!!
Cassey
22 posts
I was put onto The Ordinary by a friend when I mentioned recurring acne and she swore by it for clearing her skin. It was so confusing to begin with, with all the complicated names etc. but so nice to see more products with less focus on branding and fancy perfumes and more of a focus on .. helping

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!