Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

5 posts, 4 members
Dii
16 posts
Hi everyone,

I am pretty much a newbie and I am trying to take skincare more seriously . I confess , I am a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options out there.

I have got Combination skin and prone to breakouts. I have fine lines and dark circles , under my eyes.

I have used a fair few of face skin care products over the years. I have been using Olay Regenerist ( white bottle ) for a few years now. I have used the Garnier BB cream in the past but my skin didn't like it too much - breakout, so I had to stop. I have used Nivea, Garnier, Clean & Clear,Proactive cleansers.

In the recent past, I have used the Nivea wash and scrub, the Granier Micellar Cleaning Water as a toner and Olay as a moisturiser.

I have been on the lookout for some solid products to begin a healthy skin care regimen. I am looking at natural products. I have heard good things about Trilogy and Antipodes.

I purchased the Rosehip combination started pack from Trilogy and I am on the second day of using it. It does feel heavy when I put it on , first but my skin does soak it up. So far so good. 

I am keen on getting the Antipodes minis too to trial them after I finish the Trilogy pack.

Can I please get you to share your experiences with either of these brands ?
I would also like to know what you think about their other products - eye serums , lip balms, scrubs and toners, face masks.

Unfortunately, not all their products come in a sample size so before I make a big purchase , I'd love to know if it is worth it.

Please feel free to recommend brands , other than these two , if you have used it and love it.

Thanks heaps !
Di
xx 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Welcome to BR Di xx

I don't have much experience with those brands but have heard great things.  Some of the lovelies on here I'm sure will be able to help.

I have super sensitive and super dry skin, so I tend to use lots of Serums, even more so in the winter time, and lots of SPF lol.

Beauty Review is such an amazing community so you have totally come to the right place to ask for help.

If you haven't already, you may like to take a look in the Brand Directory for those specific brands and check out the reviews xx

Trilogy 

Antipodes

I tend to use Korean products as well as they are quite gentle on my skin.  Have you tried Lush at all? That is my all time favourite brand.  You can check their products out here xx

I hope that helps a little :-)

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Welcome to BR :)

I prefer to use only organic skincare products, but will use natural products as an alternative.

I definitely recommend the Antipodes minis. I've got some of those at the moment and they are a great way to try a couple of products without a huge cost.

One of my other favourite brands is Plantae. I particularly like their avocado eye contour cream and their lavender cream cleanser. They don't have minis, but if you email them they may send samples, because they do have a samples they send with a purchase. Plantae would be my favourite. I feel like they have really high quality products and I think all their products are certified organic. Website http://www.plantae.co.nz/our-products/

For a cheaper natural brand Bee Sensual is also a good option and they will send out some samples to you. What I like about them is that they're well priced while still being pretty natural with their ingredients. Website http://www.beesensual.co.nz/buy-skin-care-online/

There are other good brands out there too such as Living Nature or Oasis. But Plantae and Bee Sensual would be my top picks for organic and natural skincare.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Welcome, pull up a chair with that coffee.
I would suggest having a look at the Skinfood range that is in the supermarket. It is pretty affordable in the range and even better when on special. Check them out here http://www.beautyreview.co.nz/brands/view/skinfood

Goodness is another skincare brand that can be found in the supermarket, I have also seen several sample sizes being available for purchase as a kit to try.
I know Essano does a sample kit to try that can also be gotten from the supermarket. 
If justification is an issue, Beauty products bought at the supermarket don't count on the monthly beauty spend.

Lush is good if you live/work near a store location and they can talk through your options and give some samples. Lush is known to be habit forming and we have numerous addicts among us.

Dii
16 posts
Thank you all so much for your kind words of welcome and advice . It is all much appreciated :)

Mumof3munchkins, thank you for your suggestions, I have now had a look at the Trilogy& Antipodies reviews, they are all very reassuring !

I have heard people mention using  Korean products before , what brand do you use ? 
I have heard of Lush but never really looked into it, will have a look .
Thanks for all the links :)

itsclearascrystal, thank you for suggesting  Plantae, I have been reading up on it and it sounds pretty good ! I will  definitely be trying to get samples of those.
Will include Bee Sensual,Living Nature & Oasis in my research and trials too .

ragingfrog, thank heaps for all your suggestions. Will definitely look into the Skinfood range. Yes, I have a Lush in the town center and will make a trip soon.

Beauty Review is indeed an amazing community , I have had so much valuable advice and you all have been very helpful .

Thanks heaps !
Di
xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!