Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The Extraordinary Ordinary

17 posts, 9 members
KiwiLass
174 posts
This is why I love BR - I would never have come across The Ordinary or Beautylish to order it from, were it not for this website. I made an order of The Ordinary some weeks ago from Beautylish, and started using the 23% Vit C suspension serum - I have mad intense sun damage and melasma that is REALLY difficult to shift. This serum seems to be the first scincare prodcut to actually be making a difference.
Other serums have certainly made my skin look healthier, brighter, the skin plumper and more radiant.
But this is the first to make a noticeable difference to the damn melasma and sun damage.
And it's so cheap!!!!
I have their 2% retinol and Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% to also try. If others on here have had joy with fading sun spots and melasma with specific products, let me know.
But in the mean time, big thanks for alerting me to this brand, so cheap, and so incredibly effective! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I agree KiwiLass, I have been introduced (and enabled) to so many products that I had never heard about through BR. My wallet (and hubby) aren't exactly happy about it but hey you only live once right lol.

I haven't yet tried The Ordinary products but I'm lucky enough to be getting sent a couple of samples so I'm super excited to try them out.

It is so amazing that you have found something that works for your skin. Have you reviewed the products you've tried so far? If not would love to read them xx
bronjenks
253 posts
I agree too ladies.  I have been opened up to a whole new world by being part of this site, its just fantastic!  Thanks for posting, I have not heard of this brand so now, must go check it out ;-) 
EliseMM
120 posts
I only ever buy new products if I have read positive reviews on BR! I must look super suspicious in Farmers as I roam around looking on my phone to read BR reviews before actually buying anything haha.

Great to hear that the Ordinary is an effective brand. I haven't tried any of their products, but I am definitely curious. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he EliseMM I do the same if I'm out and about, always head straight to BR to read reviews before purchasing. I wouldn't worry about looking suspicious hun, you are entitled to read about a product before buying, I'm sure the saleperson would understand you wanting to be sure first.  I would even go as far as to ask them for samples if the option was available lol.
KiwiLass
174 posts
I do that too! Checking BR if I'm out and about and see something on sale I might want to buy :) And yup, here's my first Ordinary review, more to come in the next few months...:) 
Kimrose
1416 posts
Whenever I am considering trying a new product the first thing I do is look for reviews here, it is the best place for information.
Imoshen
461 posts
KiwiLass - get hold of some of the Marula Oil from The Ordinary.  I have been blown away by that product.  
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh really like the sound of that Marula oil Imoshen. Might have to add that to my wishlist, sounds pretty good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
my only issue with the ordinary is that anything i want to try is always sold out!
KiwiLass
174 posts
Thanks for the tip Imoshen, I'll have to try that!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I really want to try that one that Kim Kardashian raves about - it is a little more on the pricier side though at $22.00, so I'm guessing it is a little bit more high end compared to the lower priced items? 

There are some good reviews on the product here
Imoshen
461 posts
Ahhh that's the price from La Femme Beauty and the only retinoid that they stock.  The Ordinary does have other formulations:

-  Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane
-  Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane
-  Retinol .2% in Squalane (note that this is a RETINOL and more effective than the retinoid but also more irritating)
-  Retinol .5% in Squalane
-  Retinol 1% in Squalane (see above comment and this is even more irritating but you can overcome that as skin aclimatises to it over time if you are careful)
-  Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion (which is the new name of the one you like Mumof3)

So by buying off Beautylish the bottom one would cost $13.61 NZD not including freight if you don't spend the minimum of USD35.  La Femme Beauty just makes it easy by being able to get hold of it when you want it (I did a price comparison and there is nothing wrong with La Femme's Beauty pricing at all when you weigh up the benefits against the non-benefits).  Beautylish takes around 2 weeks to get here.

Some exciting news received yesterday from The Ordinary - they are adding 1% Copper Peptides to their Buffet.  This makes it an even more exciting product and I can't wait.
Macs
5351 posts
I agree that it sells out fast. I would love to try that serum someday. Sounds wonderful.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he is it bad that I actually already have a cart made up of a whole load of The Ordinary plus a couple of Jeffree Star products on Beautylish lol.
bronjenks
253 posts
Ha ha Mumof3munchins, absolutely not!  I may or may not have done the same thing... cart waiting....  
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I do that all the time with sites I have so many dream carts. lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!