Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Spray On Toners, Wipe Off?

8 posts, 6 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Back in the old days I used to apply toner liquid to a cotton ball or pad, swipe face and was done. Now that toners commonly come in spray bottles i'm a bit confused as to the process. The first spray toner I had I just spritzed on face and left it. The second spray toner I have I been spritzing it and then using a cotton ball to wipe off. Is it a preference thing with these spray toners or is there a right or wrong way to do this step?
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I think it's a preference thing. The idea of wiping your face off with a cotton pad was to get off any dirt or makeup left on your face or residue left behind from your cleanser before you continue with your skincare routine. I double cleanse so I don't see the need to do that. I only use a cotton round with my glycolic toner because it's a chemical exfoliator. Every thing else I pat or spritz on. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm currently using a La Roche Posay spray toner. It sprays really hard and fast so drenches my face. I tend to let it soak in then sort of pat it in. If it is too wet I will pat it dry.
MareeB
5241 posts
I really like that toner too Lisa. It wakes my skin up in a strange way.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Do you know, until you asked that question I’d forgotten about wiping toner off. I always just leave it on (if I use a toner at all). But I do now remember as a teen my Mum telling me to apply it then wipe it off.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
If I'm honest, I'm not all that sure what the purpose of a toner is. I know its supposed to be an important part of your skincare regime but I just feel like it doesn't do anything other than drench my face with what feels like water lol.

tabucutie
1811 posts
Toning as I understand it is for removing excess oil and dirt which improves skintone and minimizes pores. I find spray toners well the ones that I have used are not a super fine mist which is most likely why I wipe them off. Going forward I think I'll continue to wipe the toner off. Also concerned about the amount of cotton balls I'm going through, not environmentally friendly and all. Can anyone recommend some affordable reusable options?
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I just use flannels and microfibre face cloths so it’s environmentally friendly. But I buy them in shades like black that hide the marks on them.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!