Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Skincare order

14 posts, 13 members
Hey lovelies, I have been lucky enough to be selected to join the trilogy sensitive skincare trial team!! There are 6 products and I have never had such a skincare routine before! I am just confused about what order to put the oil and serum products on in? The products are to be used daily or twice daily are a cleansing cream, eye cream, serum, a restoring oil and a moisturiser. I am not sure whether to put the oil on before the serum (after cleansing), or the other way around? Or if I shouldn't be using both at the same time? Both the instructions on the boxes for the oil and serum say to apply after cleansing. The other instructions on the various boxes say to put the eye cream on before moisturising, so I'm just unsure of the order of the oil and serum. Sorry if this is a silly question! Any tips/thoughts would be awesome! Thanks :) 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   As a general rule with skincare layering you go from lightest to thicker products. Generally water based products go on before oil based ones, unless it's thick like a moisturizer. I'm guessing the serum is lighter and absorbs quicker than the facial oil so I would apply it first and then layer the oil on afterward. Or if it's too heavy you could use the serum during the day and night but only layer the oil over it at night. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
When I got a skincare regime to trial it came with instructions... if it didn't this time, maybe google the range?
KiwiLass
174 posts
I'm lucky enough to be on this trial too, and will be usign the serum by day, and oil by night.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's what I would do too. It will also make it easier to tell the difference between those two products for reviewing purposes. Congrats on getting on such an awesome trial. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lucky! Trilogy is awesome. I would use the serum before the moisturizer, and then top the moisturizer with oil (as that's my current skincare order) but the other suggestion of using oil at night is also a good one.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I agree with the above. I always use facial oils as the last step in my routine to seal in the moisture of the previous layers.
For the typical korean beauty routine I follow, it goes 
cleaner>serum>toner>light moisturiser>cream>oil
Although I think you can also use toner before the serum, depending on the type of serum you're using. 
First Lady
957 posts
Hello!

Check out this really good sensitive skin blog by the Trilogy Team which includes a handy pyramid for the products.

Essentially the serum can be used at any time, to calm sensitive flare ups/irritation.

BUT - we want to know what works for you - so try this way, try how you would instinctively use it before reading this.  Experiment and have fun!

xox

Macs
5351 posts
I normally alternate my serum usage between morning and night or whenever my skin needs it. What an awesome trial . Look forward to reading all the reviews.
Thank you for all your gelpful replies!! This morning I used the oil after the serum, but will have a play and try the things you guys have suggested and see what works for me! Thanks heaps ladies! 
littleparadise
178 posts
Thanks Nat for that link, what a beautiful little skin pyrimad that is. Will do some research and give it all a whirl. The prodcuts are in my hot little hands now! So excited
Emily-jane
314 posts
I am eagerly awaiting mine to arrive. I have also been wondering what order to put the products on as this is different to my usual routine. Can't wait to try this range. Thanks for the information ladies. 
Hanna222
6 posts
I haven't used so many products on one day, but I guess, it's better to use oil in the evening in order to mpoisturize your skin at night.
vishnupriya
3 posts
Congrats for the ladies for the lucky trials. Use serum in the morning and oils before going to sleep.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!