Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Skincare Layering

6 posts, 5 members
jalb88
121 posts
I have been doing a lot of reading up on skincare layering. Do you do it? If so whats your preferred order? I have read that its best to layer from thinnest to thickest product, so serum first, then oil the moisturiser.. Do you think its worth using a serum and an oil together?  I have so many products on my nightstand, its hard to decide what to use and when! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I doooo. Youre also supposed to leave a few mins between each but i do not have time for that haha. I go toner, serum, oil and moisturizer. I feel like theres a 5th step but i dunno what it is off the top of my head haha
tabucutie
1811 posts
I do. Just not oil and serum together. I do one or the other. Haven't tried both together yet.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I do toner, serum then moisturiser. That is enough steps for me!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I'm all for layering! I like the korean multi-step skincare but currently I just use glycolic acid toner, lactic acid serum, then wait half an hour before using retinoid oil as my 'moisture locker'. I find the first two steps help remove dead skin and the oil hydrates and rejuvenates. 

If you're using things that are acidic or alkaline then it's important to wait a bit between each otherwise their pH will cancel out!
jalb88
121 posts
I'm currently doing serum, eye cream then moisturizer but wondering where I add in my retinol cream and face oil!! There are so many different opinions out there on which order!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!