Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Skincare for redness

13 posts, 12 members
bangsie3
18 posts
ive got really pink based skin,  especially around my cheeks. What's the best skincare people have tried to manage redness 
MissQT
1547 posts
Hi, I would recommend using products with a green colour correcting tone or base. For example a green primer, elf have one and so do dermalogica. I've used both and I didn't really find them to be highly effective but I know there are a few people on here that rave about it. You can also get green concealer and cc creams with green tones. The moisture most cc cream isn't bad and I've heard the ZA one is pretty good too. Your best option is to use a combination of these products to counteract your redness :)
Imoshen
461 posts
If it's not rosacea I'd look into a Vitamin C serum to help even out skin tone and correct any scarring.  
A'kin have just released a new Rosehip Seed Oil with Vitamin C that you might like to try (see the Beauty Review Home page) but there are other brands that you can purchase off the internet - Timeless, The Ordinary are very nice and inexpensive ones to try.
trudijoy
8375 posts
another vote for anything green based to counteract redness
shazatron101
5112 posts
For me, I found changing my face wash made a huge difference. I got one with a lower pH and now my skin is less red, it's also less dry/tight feeling after the shower, whereas before I wanted to claw it off. I'm currently using Skinfood Cleans All, which is quite lovely. I also upped my skin care - I added in a few toners, a snail gel and a sleeping pack, as well as doing a face mask once a week depending on how my skin is feeling (if it's dry i opt for a sheet mask, textured i do Lush Cup o Coffee, you get the drift).

I hope that helps, even just a little bit :-)
Macs
5351 posts
whoops wrong thread
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I second checking your cleansers. Some years ago I used to use a foaming cleanser because that's what I used to use all the time. Then moved here and winter happened  and my skin was all red and itchy and irritated. I never spent much on cleansers because I thought it was skincare that goes down the drain anyways. I wasn't too sure but decide to try a cream cleanser and within a few days to a week my skin looked and felt better and was more even toned. I did use the Living Nature Vitality Cleanser but there are cheaper natural options on the market, like Skinfood, Oxygen's teen cream cleanser, Goodness, etc.
    If you have oily skin and want to use a gel cleanser, Moreish has a really nice one that's gentle and pretty affordable. But see if you can use a cream cleanser in the morning and the foaming one at night. Oil cleansers might be another thing to look into there are natural based ones that you need a wash cloth to rinse off or a foaming or gel cleanser (which is what I do) but there are also ones that rinse off with water. The Body Shop has a chamomile one that rinses off with water and there's one by Avalon Organics which is my current fave and it's cheap on Vitacost. 

SandyGedge
394 posts
Green based products help with redness. You can get it in primers, concealers etc.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I definitely agree with Rosehip oil, it always seems to work for me.  

Also I sometimes use Paula's Choice products when they are available as they have an actual product designed to combat redness.  She has a skincare collection called Redess Relief and they are really good. She is from Australia I believe and think you can shop online here
Imoshen
461 posts
I LOVE Paulas Choice products, they have really transformed my skin and for the past 3 years or so I have been reluctant to try anything else (which is of course, why I haven't posted any reviews on here of any products I've used).  

Lately though, I've done some research and found other companies that are cheaper but just as effective so I've started trialling some of their products to see if some of my PC products can be replaced. For instance, PC has a Niacinamide 10% Booster for AUD67 and it's a great product but The Ordinary have a Niacinamide 10% with 1% Zinc for NZD14.  They have different ingredients of course but what would you rather pay? 

BTW Niacinamide helps with redness too so sorta still on topic :).
Aragates
5 posts
if you've ever wondered how to get rid of redness on your face you're not alone i research many product read reviews but this one i get it resolve my problem pai instant calm may be you can try or read more about other prdouct 
MimiLove
5 posts
Because you have sensitive skin, you might have to switch to products that will be more gentle on your skin, to avoid stinging, irritation, and redness. Also, you have to be more careful with not just the products but also the way you apply them on your skin. 

I agree with others here that Rosehip oil is good for your skin. I would also recommend using 
Ahava Comforting Cream Sensitive Skin Relief because it's known to provide immediate relief for redness. It has active ingredients like Bisabolol which is known to be an anti-flammatory agent, so it's effective. Try looking for it in stores near you or you can order it here

Also, it would help if you avoid products with "fragrances". 

Quote from Women's Health: 

[color=#393939]"Fragrance is the number one allergen in cosmetics and skin care," says dermatologist Audrey Kunin, M.D., founder of DermaDoctor. And you can credit citrus, floral, and minty scents for making your skin go most berserk. So choose fragrance-free beauty and household cleaning products, and seek out those that have the words hypoallergenic and formaldehyde-free on their labels. "When scent is removed, even more irritating chemicals may be added to make the product smell less offensive," explains Blyumin-Karasik. [/color]
golddiamond
3 posts
Redness can be a combination of things, I find a really good day and night moisturiser, a gentle cleanser, and non irritating makeup the best at concealing the redness.
Its all about reducing the allergins and irritants, and putting goodness back in and on your skin.
Have you tried Oasis skincare, their products are amazeballs, well worth a look and oh so good for your skin.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!