Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

34 posts, 20 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Do you use them all over your face or just for certain dry parts that need it?

I keep reading that you only need a few drops but I don't find that myself if I'm doing my face and neck.

I'm using the Plantae Rosehip Fruit and Seed Serum at the moment but I've got a couple of other ones here. Just wondering if it's just that my skin is really really dry or I'm not using it correctly.
Macs
5351 posts
At the moment I use mine on my problem areas, nose, under eye and forehead.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I use them all over my face. I have jojoba oil, rosehip oil and some midnight concentrate from Keihls, plus I had samples of all of the Oasis serums. I use between 3-5 drops as I find that less than 3 doesn't cover anything very well, but I love using them! 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I use my serum all over my face and neck.  I'm currently using Oasis' Soothing Serum and find it works well instead of a night cream (I have oily skin, so adding a night cream on top of the serum would be overload for my skin).
trudijoy
8375 posts
I use Oasis straight up, and just a few drops, on blemished areas.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thanks for the feedback ladies :) 

I have the Essano rosehip oil and Acai Berry antioxident oil here too, not so keen on that one so I think I'll be using that on my body rather than my face. It's fun comparing them though. I have the little trial size Antipodes Joyous Night Replenishing Serum too, but haven't tried that one yet. I'm thinking I should give them a month each and see how my skin is. 

It feels great in the mornings after using the serum but I try to let it sink in a bit before crashing out for the night. I never thought I'd end up using oils on my face, before I hit 45 my skin was really oily in the T-zone.

Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I use all over my face in the evening. Wait a minute then use a night cream. Oxygen have a nice one. That one I was able to use in the morning as its not greasy
shazatron101
5112 posts
Someone text Ong, she won a comp on instagram!!! I need to live in her happiness hahaha
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Oh good on her! :)
MareeB
5239 posts
I'm using Soultime Pomegranite and Borage serum. I put it all over my face. It's gorgeous.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh I can't wait to see what she won.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh did she i will text her =) 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Holy heck!!! Thanks shazatron! Kirsty text me. Last night and this morning has been mega hard due to pain. Just got up to find lovely messages to go look. I won $150usd surprise box off beautynetkorea!! I'd do a wee dance if I could!
Shaz start dancing hunny hehe
shazatron101
5112 posts
YAY!! Hahah I was dancing last night for you when I saw it. I was like I KNOW HER AHHH FAMOUS hahaha I'm so happy for you Ong! :D 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Yay Ong! That's the perfect prize for you!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I saw the picture of it, wooo so perfect at the perfect time Ong xx
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I use rosehip oil all over my face - I mix it with my night moisturiser to help it absorb nicely.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Congrats Ong, glad you won it. I didn't even know they did competitions on instagram :)

Thanks for the feedback Pithifrin :) - oh i'm not having much luck with formatting on the forums today lol
tannygirl
3392 posts
I use serums all over my face. If it has an exfoliating active sort of ingredient I don't want to put it around my eye area but I'll put it all over my face.

AmandaJane
1147 posts
I brought the Trilogy CoQ10 eye recovery concentrate on special for around my eyes. It's really nice :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Just to revive an old thread cos apparently theres a lot of topics on serums hahahaha

Whats everyone using? Im running out of my skinfood one and im thinking its time for a new one :-D
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I don't like many serums but the Skinfood one is my favourite. I've been using that for the past year.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My favourite is the Plump & Renew Serum from Natural Instinct.  

Looks like this product has been deleted from the BR Directory, but you can read my review here
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've never regulatrly used a serum, now I think of it! 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I am currently using a L'Oreal one that I received in a trial. I really like it actually. It is this one here: https://www.beautyreview.co.nz//catalogue/l-oreal-paris-revitalift-filler-1-5-hyaluronic-acid-serum-reviews#review
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
If you like an oil type serum, the Oasis Solar Serum is nice. I got it in the last Vault so the reviews are on here (again, can't do a nice tidy link on here - never have been able to do it. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes @ siouxsannah that loreal one is amazing! I was on that trial too and my skin loved it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooooh sioux thats the one i have my eye on! Hahaha hopefully i can get my sticky mits on it but we'll see

Thank you for the replies! :-D
AboutFace
412 posts
That L'Oreal serum is really good and so is the mask.
Kat555
143 posts
Thanks for the info ladies. I've just mostly been using oils and so far I'm liking that. I would be interested in trying some serums but often they are really expensive and in the past I've had trouble with them causing breakouts of irritating my skin. I'd be interested to find out a little more. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I'm trying to finish up the Elizabeth Arden vitamin c capsules and will then be using Natural Instinct serum. Definitely a serum fan over using an oil. Antipodes Brightening Serum is good but the price point isn't good for my budget lol.
Norawa
5 posts
Until a few years ago, I didn't really see the point in using a serum. I thought my moisturizer could do everything my skin needed. But serum is better for my type of skin. I learned about it from this article: https://womanlylive.com/the-secrets-behind-k-pop-group-btss-glowy-skin/ . My skin was looking dull, so I decided to try face serums.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Depends on my skin condition. When dehydrated.. my skin sucks it in very quickly.. so i use it on my entire face... but when my face is nice and calm, i will pat it in only a few drops =)
masterPaul
6 posts
 I love how my skin feels and looks since I started using these. Even my dermatologist noticed that my skin was brighter and smooth. She even asked me to send her the link so she could purchase this serum for herself. I have tried other Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid brands, some very expensive ones but this (Maryann brand) is of superior quality.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!