Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Recommendations for Peptide Serums, Particularly the Asian Ones?

8 posts, 3 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
     The Buffet from the Ordinary has been a staple for me for the past couple of years. Then the site I regularly purchase this little affordable wonder isn't restocking it anymore or any other products from Deceim. Meantime I need a peptide serum to replace it. 

I was thinking about trying some Asian brands. I looked at the Missha Time Revolution Ampoule and the Dear Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop which are both really popular. There's also Mizon's Original Skin Energy Peptide 500. I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of these and what results did you get? Do have another peptide serum Asian or non Asian from another brand that you would recommend?
KiwiLass
174 posts
I see Cult Beauty seem to be still stocking The Ordinary, and have free shipping on the first order, then free if you spend 40 pounds or more (which is more than Beautylish, but still).
tannygirl
3392 posts
   They still have the Ordinary listed on the site but alot of the products are out of stock. I'm wondering if they will continue to stock the products as some sites may drop the brand due to the recent drama, which is what I'm afraid Beautylish did. Beautylish  still has alot of the products listed but when I asked customer service if they will continue to stock they said they are going to sell their current stock but unfortunately, they aren't going to restock it. I do keep checking on Cultbeauty though to see if the products I love are in stock.
Imoshen
461 posts
I think your best bet would be to check out Garden of Wisdom through Victoria Health or Timeless's Matrixyl Synth options.

Klairs Midnight Youth is a lovely blue colour :).  I haven't noticed any difference from using it and won't repurchase it. 

You could look into Snowberry but they add fragrance so it's not something I would recommend. 

There is very little substantiated evidence that peptides are beneficial to the skin in any way so it might just be the moisturising factor from this product that is giving you the result you're seeing.  But, as Angie from Hotandflashy says, if the research is there in 5 years then she doesn't want to miss out by not using it.

You will still be able to buy The Ordinary from their website but the pricing sucks.  Still, it includes shipping I believe.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I tried the Snowberry one I liked the feeling of it, but sadly the Buffet gave me more results probably because it contains a variety of peptides, as well as hylauronic acid and fermented ingredients. Good to know about the Dear Klairs one because it is a bit pricey for the ammount. I was actually reading yesterday on the Ordinary website and came across this. 

Previously, we did not have a contraindication listed for the use of direct acids/Vitamin C with any of our peptides. However, we now have a huge arsenal of these products and some of the formulations are more susceptible to hydrolysis with certain types of Vitamin C or acids. 

Instead of developing a complex guide listing the compatibility of each of our peptides with each acid and Vitamin C, we have adapted the following approach to maximize efficacy for the maximum number of people:

It is best to not use Peptides in the same routine as the following products: Direct acids, LAA (L-Ascorbic Acid) and ELAA (Ethylated Ascorbic Acid). In addition, we would recommend avoiding the use of products containing copper peptides in the same routine as strong antioxidants as well as direct acids/LAA/ELAA.

tannygirl
3392 posts
     Which is interesting because I've always used the Buffet under my vitamin C which over the last few months have been the 23% and 30% formulations and I've layered on the Buffet after I've used the glycolic toner. So if I keep on using a strong Vitamin C in the morning I might not be using the Buffet in the morning, if I choose to get ahold of it. 

I bought the Mizon Snail Intensive Ampoule off Yestyle yesterday. So I'll see how that one goes. I also really liked the Hada Labo emulsion so I bought the Premium one to try which is supposed to have more hylauronic acid in it so that base is kinda covered. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I just checked out the Deceim site and apparently they do ship for free if you spend 40USD or more otherwise it's a 9.50USD for shipping. Thanks for letting me know about that Imoshen. I'll probably wait till things are up and running and the drama has died down to order from the site as some customers have complained about not getting their orders in the recently social media storm. But have you had any issues with orders getting to you when ordering from them directly?
KiwiLass
174 posts
The Ordinary products, along with Mad Hippie Vit C during the day, are the only products I've noticed substantial, lasting results with. To the point that I've been ID'd a lot this year, after years of not getting ID'd......(I'm just about 40). And no other differences to warrant an increase in the request for ID! Lots of positive comments from friends too, who ask if I'm using Botox (I'm not - I did a couple of times a couple of years ago, but wasn't worth the cost).
Hence my worry about losing this great brand! At least I'll still have Mad Hippie via iHerb.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!