Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Ponds Cold Cream

7 posts, 7 members
NG
10 posts
Hello

I have heard really good things about Ponds Cold Cream but I just wondered if people have used it?

1) What is it?
2) How does one use it?
3) What does it do? Is it any good?
3) Where can you get it in NZ?

Would really appreciate any info :)

Thank you!!
Cat
474 posts
Ooh I remember my mum use to use Ponds. Her skin always looked so good (still does) and I know she misses Ponds a lot. Sorry I don't know much about it, but am curious as to where the brand is now.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I remember Pond's cold cream using it when we were making clay flowers for a bouquet arrangement. We used it to keep the pigments easy to wash off our hands when we added when we would massage the pigments into the clay. It did feel nice and light the cream. But this was before I was wearing much makeup if any and I used a eye remover not cold cream to remove it. I do wonder what happened to the brand as I haven't seen it in years.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I remember my mum using pond's too, but she changed over to nivea cold cream of late as it wasn't available at her usual shopping places.  Have you checked out their website to see if they are still selling in NZ? would have an indicator of where they have stockists too :)
Iloveperfumes
132 posts
I only just found this post but I adore ponds cold cream and unfortunately yes it is discontinued in NZ. Ocassionally I have found it in smaller size jars at local food importer emporiums (Indian spice markets often carry the olay white radiance line of skincare products which is also really nice) I have imported it from the US a couple of times but it works out relatively time consuming and expensive waiting for it to arrive. It was pulled here about a decade ago and rebranded under the Dove 'essential nutrients line' the exact same formula but in a new jar except this too  has been phased out and I haven't seen it for a couple of  years. In my quest to replace it I have tried the indie brand 'Queenie mays' which is a more natural version and Home Essentials 'Cigalia cold cream' - both are good but not quite the same (Queenie mays is hard to get as well and a bit more pricey, Cigalia isn't the best for removing mascara). I am addicted to nostalgic rose scented products, I live on Nivea cream and am a lifelong fan of Olay beauty fluid also (despite hating how many chemicals it contains), and cold cream seems to be the best thing for my skin and I never have any dry patches, spots or blemishes while using it. I even knit my own super soft face washers to remove it. I also swear by rosewater. I think I was born into the wrong era! Such a shame as I and I know many other ladies would continue to buy the product if it were available and it really was a supermarket staple for many years!
Brenz
2 posts
I started using Ponds when I was 14 yrs old, I'm now in my early 50's, so have used this product a while, lol.  My daily routine is the cold cream, wipe off with a warm face cloth,  use St Ives Apricot Scrub and finish with the moisturiser. As I suffer from sinuses and have very sensitive skin, have never once had any issues from this product and people always comment about how great my skin is!  Have taught all my grand daughters the 'Ponds' routine and no break outs!  Love Ponds, I Iive in Brisbane so can still buy Ponds here but am alarmed that this is not in NZ anymore :-(

MareeB
5239 posts
Oh yes, I too used Ponds for years when I was young. The cold cream could remove anything :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!