Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Paula's Choice Products

22 posts, 12 members
Imoshen
461 posts
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of her products and could say if they were any good.

I've been tempted to try them for a while but preferred the natural angle so gave them a wide berth. 

Recently I found out that you can order samples which I did (and took only 2 days to get to me!).  So far I'm impressed but I won't usually know until a good week or two into trying a new skincare range.

Wondered if any of you had any comments or suggestions.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Paula's Choice products are really good, especially the ones for acne/blemish skin.  I used to use them reguarly, but found that the prices sometimes were a bit steep because you really needed to have the whole range.  See how you go with them and then I would suggest you try trade me, as they have a few on there at the moment :-)
Imoshen
461 posts
So I've been trialling the samples for the past couple of days.  I ordered two of each sample I was interested in so I could have a good couple of weeks to play.  I ordered mostly products from the RESIST line but they did also give me a bunch of other samples to try :).

I broke out a little the first day on one of my cheeks but I'm not blaming the samples on that, purely hormonal as her products have calmed and taken away any redness caused by those and other blemishes.

I'm really liking the BHA 2% Liquid and have ordered a full size of that.

I also like the BHA 9% spot treatment but will wait and use up my samples of that before I order it.  This stuff is amazing, completely stopped a spot from forming any further, calmed it and made it disappear within 2 days and it's also helping the more stubborn marks I have. 

The other products: AHA daily smoother, Antioxidant Super Serum and Hydrator I will probably wait a bit longer before I decide whether or not to order full sizes. 

I do want to see how I can fit these products into my current routine as the Hydrator isn't moisturising enough itself and I have experienced a wee bit of flaking.

I also purchased the Intensive Retinol Wrinkle Repair and I have been using that on top of the Antioxidant Super Serum.  Both are rather greasy/oily putting on but dried to a nice smooth finish so if you do decide to trial these, don't be put off and do use them at night (if you don't like Silicones, stay away from them).

All in all, so far I have commented on the products I'm impressed by.  Will hopefully comment further on the others as I have had a bit more time to play with.

Imoshen
461 posts
Wee update.

I had to stop using the Super Antioxidant Serum and the RESIST Intensive Retinol Wrinkle Repair as I suspect these caused me to break out in the most unplesant ways.

Have been using the RESIST C15 Super Booster every night for the past 2 weeks and it's been surprisingly good so far.  No breakouts, seems to be helping with reducing scarring and evening out skin tone.  Good thing is it doesn't make my skin any oilier either! 

Recently purchased samples of:

RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturiser with Retinol which I've used for the past two nights and so far am pleased to see no irritation or break outs.  It's a nice light lotion, not a sticky goop.

RESIST Ultra Light Antioxidant Serum which I have also been using for the past two nights.  This is MUCH better than the Super Serum as there is a lot less silicone in it and it doesn't give me that greasy look after application.

Here's hoping things continue the way they are. 

I'm absolutely loving the Anti Agining Clear Skin Hydrator and the RESIST Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA.  The moisturiser is one of the best I've ever used and the Smoothing Treatment keeps my skin soft.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Great recap as always Imoshen, I've not actually used any Paula's choice items.  Wasn't this the company that I read about recently that was not going to have a NZ prescene anymore? or am I getting confused with another company?
Imoshen
461 posts
Yeah, they're looking at setting up a distribution warehouse and website down here but it's a few months away. 

I always wanted to try her line, the only reason I hadn't yet was because I wasn't aware you could get it sent to NZ so naturally I'm quite excited :). 
Imoshen
461 posts
I've just ordered full sizes of the Ultra Light Antioxidant Serum and I can't wait for it to arrive!  I'm so super impressed by this product, I can see I will use a lot of it.  The bad news is that my samples will run out before then.

It's a yellow liquid (I see on their website that people have complained about it turning their skin yellow, this hasn't happened to me!) that spreads easily and gets absorbed fast.  I'm so impressed that I have even started using it under my moisturiser in the mornings and find it does make a really good primer.  No break outs whatsoever, no irritation, no shiny oilies and combined with the Super C Booster (I use this one only at night) it really seems to help reduce scarring. 

Unfortunately, I had to stop using the Barrier Resist with Retinol as after two uses I started to get break outs happening/forming.  So, it seems retinol is not my friend :(.

Maybe I'll try again when my full size of the Serum arrives and see if I can use it every 3rd day or something.
laurenmae
1 posts
I am a little bit Paula's Choice mad at the moment. I have: Skin Recovery Toner: This is a milky formula. The bottle it comes in is quite big. It is so so nice on your skin. It refreshes and moisturises and cleans. It's great for the morning when I don't want to completely cleanse but I do want to take off any dust on my face from overnight, as well as whenever it feels a bit dry. 10/10. Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion: I got the lotion because I have dry skin. It smells a bit eggy, but that's understandable considering it's fragrance free. Comes in a tall bottle. My skin is so smooth and flawless apart from my current breakouts haha. It helps calm my breakouts, I think it decreases the duration. My nose looks really clear - my sebacious filaments are barely visible. The reason I like this is because I know it is at the correct pH to exfoliate. Next time I will try the BHA liquid. This will be a staple of mine. Skin Perfecting 8% AHA gel: I haven't used this much but it's really smooth and I can tell it will last a long time, because it goes really far. Good quality. Skin Recovery Moisturiser: This was smaller than I expected it to be, but it's lasting a long time. It smells like flour - again, because there is no added fragrance. It really feels great on my dry skin. It's not so thick that you feel like you're drowning, and it's not greasy. It's also great for around your eyes. Skin Recovery Lotion SPF 30: I like this because it's mineral based/physical sunscreen, which means it's effective as soon as you apply it - no waiting like all the chemical sunscreens. It also doesn't sting like the chemical ones do. It has a slight whiteness when you apply it, but it quickly disappears when you rub it in. It's obviously not as moisturising as the Moisturiser, but it is perfect for day use when you need SPF coverage. I have ordered the Vitamin C serum because it's on sale, as well as the BHA 9 because I really want to try it.  As for shipping/postage, it's a $15 flat rate to NZ. It takes about 2 days to ship, and about 7 working days to get here. You can track it meticulously from the point that it leaves the factory.  You can use two discount codes (whatever's active at the time), and if it's your first order you can use a $10 discount link that we all get when we first order, which you can then give to other people and get $10 each time they order from that link. You can also credit or refund any items that don't work for you or you don't like. Message me if you want the discount link. :)
Bronnie
78 posts
Hey Paulas Choice fans, I see BR have now add a few Paulas Choice products for us to review!
skingeek
537 posts
So I just went online and purchased resist BHA 9 for my glorious cogestion and Resist Intensive wrinkle-repair retinol serum. They also gave me some free samples of my choice. How quick is the postage, usually? The NZ site apparantly isn't up and running yet so iorder from the US. I can't wait. I hope these ones are good! I was pleasantly surprised by the price considering the rave reviews.
Kaiarahi
160 posts
Have yours arrived skingeek? 
I made an order today, my skin has been crap! 
skingeek
537 posts
No they haven't yet :/. But it's only been just over a week. I'm sure they'll arrive soon :)
zzznicky
8 posts
I was just googling best alcohol free toners for sensitive skin and the paula's choice one came up as extremely popular. I was just wondering where di you get your samples from? The only website I know of for beauty products is strawberry net (I'm a bit of a newbie lol)
Thanks in advance :)
triffid
151 posts
Not for samples but here is a place that tends to have more natural products which may be a guide for you..http://health.healthpost.co.nz/search?p=Q&asug;=&w=toners.I have bought and liked the Sukin toner and the Trilogy hydrating mist is gorgeous.

A cheaper one in availble at supermarkets,chemist and the Warehouse  called Neutrogena alchohol free toner.They sometimes have samples .
zzznicky
8 posts
Thank you I will look into that website! :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I initially purchased some samples directly off the Paulas Choice website to make sure it didn't react with my dry, sometimes sensitive, skin. The moisturiser/toner/serum samples are about $1 each, so I got a few of each to ensure I had a good weeks worth of products to give it a fair shot, and I also got a couple of the more expensive samples, like the Resist C15 booster which was $10 I think, but would easily last you a month.  THE BEST decision I ever made! This skincare is out of this world. My full size products are currently being shipped to me. I was using Trilogy previously as it was the most hydrating brand I had found, but it was never 100% what my skin needed and I've since realised it's probably because the moisturiser has Lavender in it's, which is a known skin irritant. The difference I noticed within the week was crazy. My skin became soo much more hydrated, skin discolouration reduced, my pores visibly reduced, the blackheads on my chin lessened and my skin just looked more radiant. I have never seen such a change in my skin from skincare, I figured I was just doomed to have average, lacklustre skin. I'm so excited to see what results I see longer term with using their products!
Kellie
570 posts
Oh my gosh Saird, you're making me want to ditch my skincare and give Paula's Choice a go - it sounds amazing!
zzznicky
8 posts
me too! Thanks saird - I used to use trilogy too and I really really liked it but like you I never felt that really super moisturising dewy glow..... I'm going to jump on their website :) x
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I know this thread is a bit old now but have been wanting to get my hands on the Paula's Choice Vit C blemish or Scar fading product. Is anyone here still buying her products and if so where are purchasing them from please? Thanks so much x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Sure am! You just buy direct from their Australian website Paulaschoice.com.au :)
Rezee
1964 posts
I loved the sample sized bottle of serum I tried from this brand. I only have one fullsized serum backup and then I'm going to buy the paulas one. Does it take long for shipping?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks for that, will have to put that on my wishlist as its so expensive to buy lol.  And yes, does it take long for shipping? I've noticed they only do one sample pack now when they used to do a few, such a shame they are no longer in New Zealand :-(

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!