Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Milia on my forehead

22 posts, 10 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi ladies. Lately I have been getting heaps of milia but only on my forehead. Does anyone else get this? I steralized a needle and got rid off most as I read it was OK to do that. Wondering what causes them as they are never usually anywhere else on my face. I don't have a fringe so that is not the cause.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I have heard "milia" mentioned in a couple of threads and didn't know what it was so I googled it. It says it occurs when keratin becomes trapped beneath the surface of the skin. It says in most cases it will dissappear on its own in a few months.

Home remedies include:Clean infected area daily with mild non irritant soap, steam open pores, exfoliate area regularly, use sunscreen.

You could also see your doctor about it, they may be able to help.

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks chick. It looks quite good today. I put some tea tree on the area. Hoping it doesn't come back. Might try a chemical peel.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I would've thought that using a chemical peel regularly and/or a exfoliating toner such as glycolic acid daily would help keep it at bay.  I've had lumps under the skin (not milia) removed by a dermatologist before. It wasn't much fun and I think I've had the same effect with long term use of acids. . 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea cool I will try that Soozie. I have never used a chemical peel before.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
They're not as scary as they sound. Just go easy to start with until your skin gets used to them, then build up. Maybe just start in your forehead to see how you go?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Can you recommend any brands?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I like Pixi Glow Tonic (from iherb) or The Ordinary's one (from Beautylish). There is a Mario Badescu one at Mecca. It didn't do much for me as a daily acid user but it might be a good one to start with. It's cheap and easier to get hold of than the other ones. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’m giggling at ‘daily acid user’ lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Excellent thanks Soozie! Will have a wee look. Lol Trudi!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I feel your pain. I've had some randomly appear a few cm's under my eye. I'm trying scrubs and peels atm. Will visit a professional if they don't disappear.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha Trudi, whatever you need to do to get through the day. I saw some breath fresheners in Japan called 'Speed'. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Itsclearascrystal isn't it awful! If it gets worse I may have to chop a fringe haha. The sterilized needle definitely helped so much. Have you tried that? Sounds bad but it doesn't hurt at all and is quite satisfying getting it out lol ewwwwww :-)
Imoshen
461 posts
Milia is dead skin that the skin can't get rid of by itself.  Get yourself a BHA (oil soluble) or an AHA (water soluble) and see if that works for you.

Hikoco stock Cosrx which is earning a good reputation so check out:
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
or
AHA/BHA Clarifying Liquid

Go easy, don't use them all at once or you'll freak your skin out.

Sophia
203 posts
I have milia prone skin around my eye sockets and aside from digging them out with a pin, the only solution was rosehip oil rubbed on at night. I use it every night in that area and they have not returned.  
I now only get an occasional milia.
I'd like to remember how long it took for them to go away forever, it might have been a few months. 

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh so glad I've seen this post as I've just discovered some on my left eyelid and had no idea what they were. Will have to try some of the above suggestions as its freaking me out a little lol. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm going to try a few products from The Ordinary. Hopefully my skin doesn't have a hissy fit but will start out very slow.
Imoshen
461 posts
Don't use BHA or AHA on or around the eyes or it will get into your eyes and sting.

Look for a good fragrance free moisturiser.
Julieal
915 posts
I have had a few near my eye and didn't know what they were so good to get some answers here - I use a gently exfoliation and seems to help.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I guess it is more common than I thought. Good to know I am not the only one :-)
EliseMM
120 posts
I also get milia around my eyes! I had a couple of obvious ones for years and years right on my eyes, and I eventually got them removed by a dermatologist. I've tried removing others myself with a needle but can't make it work for me. 

These skin imperfections are super annoying, but I often wonder if other people actually notice them, or if us poor ladies are prone to noticing all the icky parts of our bodies. Either way, I will definitely still continue the race for glowing healthy skin!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
So thankfully after attacking it with a needle it never come back! Phew.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!