Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Micro Needle Facial Rollers?

8 posts, 5 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Has anyone used them? Any experience or feedback to share? Was thinking of giving it a try but unsure. Would love any comments. Cheers.
masterPaul
6 posts
I am afraid to infect. it seems to me that such things need to be sterilized every time after use, as they do with manicure tools
tabucutie
1811 posts
I was considering picking one up. I did see some reviews for the Manicare? one on BR, which I read quite a few of. Ultimately, I think I will pass though. I would hate to use it and then cause a skin problem I didn't have before.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have the manicare one and i love it!!! I didnt get the sterilizing spray but i have stuff for that anyway.

It makes my skin feel amazing and at time of use wrinkles are definitely reduced. If i kept up with it i reckon they'd definitely shrink a lot more!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
If you clean and then spray the roller with isopropyl alcohol after use and let it dry, it will be fine, you shouldn't have any issues with breakouts or infection.  Like any other beauty tool, the key is to clean and disinfect after each use. 

I use isopropyl alcohol to disinfect my facial razor (dermaplane razor) and epilator after each use, and I use my epilator on my face and body (cleaning and spraying the heads between uses or on different body areas) and I've never had any issues.  Isopropyl alcohol is also cheaper than most other disinfectant sprays and works just as well, and it's easily purchased from any pharmacy, along with a little travel spray bottle to put it in. 

Note:  70% isopropyl alcohol is a better disinfectant than 100% (pure) isopropanol, which evaporates too quickly to disinfect. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I like the idea but scared i'd cause a skin issue but i don't have one.

That and i'm lazy to have to do the sanitizing upkeep. Would end up not using it most the time and end up throwing out.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I have a roller. I use mine weekly it's a 0.25 mm needle depth. I sanitize mine with denture tabs and then run it under hot water and let it air dry. I do have iso I can spray it off with afterwards. I think you're supposed change your roller every 10 uses or so because the needle tips do dull after time.

Just waiting for Black Friday and then I'm going to get a dr pen and heaps of cartridges.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I ended up purchasing one as it was part of bundle, still unsure if I'll use it. 

Didn't occur to me that have to chuck it or replace the head due to getting blunt. Thanks for the info tannygirl

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!