Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Micellar Water

34 posts, 26 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Has anyone tried L'Oreal's Micellar water?  

I'd love to try the Garnier one but everywhere I've looked is out of stock.  I can find the L'Oreal one but I'd like to know if it's worth buying as there are no reviews for L'Oreal's Micellar on BR.
nicki21
33 posts
I have! I couldnt find the Garnier when it was released, so I got this instead, its fantastic as a makeup remover !!!!!!!!!! makeup be gone!!!!!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
As far as I'm aware most Micellar waters are made equal. I have the Garnier one and it's incredible, I've heard the Simple one is incredible though I don't think it's available in NZ yet, so definitely go for the L'Oreal.
Cat
474 posts
I was in my local Warehouse (Hawera, Taranaki) on Friday and they had the Garnier, Simple and Loreal Micellar water there. I brought the Loreal as I really don't trust Garnier with my skin. I haven't used it enough to rate it and haven't used any other before but it seems to cleanse well! 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm scared of using the Simple one cos I used their "sensitive eyes" eye make up remover last year and woooooooooo boy did my eyes get ITCHY and SORE. 
-Bex-
611 posts
I was the same I couldn't find garnier but the Loreal one was everywhere so just brought it anyway. I did love it I still do it is great then I finally found the garnier one but... The Loreal one was dearer and 200ml vs garnier 400ml. The Loreal one had one more ingredient in it and the Loreal one left my skin feeling slightly tighter compared to the garnier one. They are both great at removing make up I think Loreal beats garnier at mascara and eyeliner removal. I hope this helps
Lisa-
79 posts
I havent tried the L'oreal one, but the Garnier one is great. I cant imagine there would be a huge difference though so i'd give it a go! I found mine at the Warehouse too, so maybe try there if you haven't already.
Mila
1209 posts
I havent tried this yet but its definately on my list of things to try :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I have tried the L'Oreal one but not the garnier one and to be honest the  L'Oreal one did nothing for my skin if anything I think I went through a spell of being a bit more drier than normal after using it and I never felt like my skin was fully clean.  I actually ended up using the remainer of it to clean my brushes as it was a total flop for facial care for me.  Its also put me off trying the Garnier one, perhaps it is just not suited to my skin type, or I'm fussy =)
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I brought the Garnier Micellar last week and I was thoroughly impressed! It took of my makeup effortlessly and that really suprised me. It left my skin feeling clean but not dry. I'm pretty good with my skin care routine these days... but I can see it being super useful when I'm too tired to do my full SCR.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I personally haven't tried it (although I would buy it if I ever saw it) but I have tried the Lancome one and it is exactly the same as the Garnier so I would say you can't go wrong xx
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks for all the comments, ladies! I bought the L'Oreal one this afternoon from the Warehouse. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Please let us know how it works out! I'm so into this new micellar water craze haha.
rmcleod91
16 posts
I have the Loreal one at the moment and I love it! Does an AMAZING job of removing make up, there is literally not a trace left and my skin feels so refreshed after use. 
I have never tried the Garnier one personally but think they are all much the same, I would definitely recommend trying the Loreal one :)
Gabster28
1 posts
I have been using the Garnier Micellar Water product for a little while now and LOVE IT! I use it for a few days in a row, then take a break and use an exfoliant face scrub. I only need a little bit of this micellar water on one cotton pad and that takes off all of my make up including my mascara and eye makeup! Super impressed in how easy and simple it is to use nad would totally reccommend it to anyone to try. I have slightly sensitive skin and I have had no issues with my skin reacting. :)
MrsLissy
301 posts
I had a horrendous reaction to the Garnier Micellar Water. I used it for the first two days and everything was fine. Then on day three about 2 mins after it came into contact with my skin it was burning like crazy and i had to wash it off. I ended up having to take an antihistamine and I put after sun gel on my face to try and take the burn feeling out of it. I hunted high and low for it and was ready for it to be a holy grail product and was really let down that it didn't work with my skin. Out of everything I didnt expect to get that kind of reaction from something that's supposed to be good for sensitive skin.
itskaz_xo
199 posts
At first I thought this product was amazing. I loved it so much (after using it a few times) that I went out and bought a backup bottle which I will soon come to regret. The micellar water was the product that was breaking me out :( Big red pimples all over my face. Since I've stopped using it, my skin has settled down a bit (thankfully). I'm really gutted cause I really wanted to love it, it's such a neat concept and it's so quick and easy but my skin just doesn't love it :(
chloednz
217 posts
I've recently purchased the Simple micellar water and I like it! I , am super lazy about taking off my makeup at night so usually just use makeup wipes. This seems to do a better job for about the same amount of lazyness, so win! I do still use about 4-6 pads to get all my makeup off so I dont know that its a particularly economic way to get my makeup off though.
MissQT
1547 posts
Reviving this thread as I'm looking at getting a new bottle of micellar water. What are your favourite micellar water brands? I'm currently using garnier which I've repurchased but I'm keen to try a different one next.
trudijoy
8375 posts
The Nivea one is terrible; i went back to Garnier
MissQT
1547 posts
 I was actually considering the Nivea one Trudi, but it'll be off the list now.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've only tried the L'Oreal one and wasn't all that impressed (my review is here).  The bottle leaked horribly and got worse and worse with use.  I wasn't the only one to experience a leaky bottle, so it may be a L'Oreal packaging problem.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I use makeup wipes and garnier micellar water too. I do like garnier one.
never use other brand micellar water so no idea.
i hope you will find nice one missQT
trudijoy
8375 posts
Honestly the Nivea one isn't much better than water
tannygirl
3392 posts
I've repurchased the Garnier one the big bottle is good value and I haven't had a reaction to it so far. It removes most of my makeup and even my family likes using it.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
The bioderma one is amazing, and I haven't found anything that compares. It is pricier, but lasts a long time. Did i mention that it is amazing haha
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm currently using the loreal one. It works exactly the same as the Garnier.  I dislike the L'Oréal bottle though. Mine doesn't leak but too much comes out. I wouldn't buy it again. Garnier is cheaper and the bottle has twice the product. I have samples of the bioderma to try out, I'll use them when my L'Oréal is done and then I want to try the essano and simple ones.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I've only tried the Garnier and Bioderma waters and even though the Bioderma one is great, Garnier is a perfectly fine substitute when it's half the price and much easier to access, although the Garnier bottle does leak. Once my Garnier one runs out I think I'm going to try Essano, the bottle looks so pretty! Haha.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Bioderma is my HG product. Removes everythibg easy as! Doesn't do anything to my sensitive skin either
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm yet to jump on the Micellar water bandwagon, definitely something I would like to try out though! :) will look into it.
Kikikiana
52 posts
I love the garnier one, the essano one did terrible things to my skin!
nivea one is not great at all, it burns and doesn't remove waterproof make-up

the loreal one is more expensive and smaller in size.

Kikikiana
52 posts
oops, here is a good list of a few

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/viva-magazine/news/article.cfm?c_id=533&objectid=11389072
MissQT
1547 posts
so iended up going for garnier again. But got the new pure active version which is designed for oily and acne prone skin. Has anyone used this?
I absolutely love the garnier one! I use it everyday and have re purchased it. When I first started using it, many of my friends comented on how clear my skin looked. I also notice that a fair amount of dirt comes out of my skin, more than I initially thought! Would love to know about the other brands of micellar water though and the different types of the garnier micellar water!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!