Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hyaluronic Acid Serums

16 posts, 9 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I have never tried or used a Hyaluronic Acid serum before but I have been wanting to for a while now.  My current serum is nearing the end of the bottle and I'd like to replace it with an HA serum.

Those of you who currently use or have used an HA serum, please could you recommend or suggest a few brands / products for me to look into.  Thanks. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hey Silvene! I am using a Korean one that I got off eBay as it was recommended by my skin care queen haha. I don't know if you can buy it anywhere else but heres the link to the one I have :-) 
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I use the one Shaz linked you to and can vouch for it, it's amazing.
Just keep in mind that when using a HA product you need to layer moisturisng products over it so that it doesn't work in reverse and dry your skin out (:
If you're interested you can also take HA supplements! I have been meaning to look at getting some as I've heard good things.
Ringy
825 posts
I've got that hado lado stuff too, they also have a retinol version in red bottles. It's seem quite good and value for money. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks, ladies.  I'll definitely consider that Hada Labo Skincare serum.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Does anyone know of an affordable HA serum that is available in NZ? 

I don't have anything against ordering products online (and will do so, if I'm purchasing other items as well) but I do prefer to shop locally, wherever possible. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I have a Garnier night cream that has hylaronic acid in it. It's not a serum though. I'd love to know about some options available here too!
Macs
5351 posts
I think there was an article about this. I would love to give thisa try in a night or day cream. Must be good aye
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Just remembered - the Neutrogena hydro boost has it! Available at supermarkets.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thank you, Pifithrin.  I'd forgotten about those Neutrogena products.  I'll be adding them to my list of things to buy when my current moisturisers run out. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Just a question for the skincare experts do you always use a Hylauronic Acid serum as a first serum or do you layer a thinner serum underneath it? I'm just curious because I alread take a supplement with Hylauronic acid and some of my skincare products probably have some in it. I know it should go under facial oils for sure but I'm just wondering about what if I use another really lightweight gel or water based serum, would it go on before or after that?
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh for those who are interested in a supplement with Hylauronic Acid. I would highly recommend Clinicians Rejuvenate. It's a collagen skincare supplement that has 25mg of hylauronic acid per capsule. I've taken a lot of different brands of skincare supplements but this was a stand out.
MareeB
5241 posts
I got to try Clincians Rejuvenate too, and it's a fabulous supplement. Since I stopped using it my nails have gone icky again....
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo, HA supplements sound intriguing! I'm yet to find a HA product that does anything beneficial for my skin, which I'm quite disappointed about, so maybe supplements might be the answer!
shazatron101
5112 posts
did you end up finding anything silvene? i also cant believe this thread is 2 years old whaaaaaat i thought it was like... last year at least lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I’d completely forgotten about this thread. Haha. I still have my eye on the Neutrogena Hydroboost range though, but I’m trying to use up my stash of products before buying anything new. (I have an unopened full sized tub of Oxygen Hydrating Night Creme waiting to be used, although there’s no HA in that). 

I’m currently using a luxury sample of Snowberry’s Intensive Renewal Serum, which does contain HA, although the price has put me off buying more ... it’s sooo expensive!  Their New Radiance serum is a lot cheaper than the Intensive Renewal one, and also contains HA. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!