Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How often do you use a face mask?

20 posts, 16 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
When I lived in a house that had a bath, I used to use a face mask once a week (on a Friday night) while relaxing in the bath with my Kindle, a scented candle and sometimes a glass of wine.  Since moving into a house that only has a shower, my face mask use has gone from once a week to once every now and then when I remember. 

I really do love to use a good face mask and need to get back into the routine of weekly masks, as I have noticed that my skin is more congested since I stopped doing this. 

How often do you use a face mask?
shazatron101
5112 posts
I did 4 yesterday! Lmfao probably not needed but I felt like it. I try to do them every week after AHA/BHA time, but the Lush masks have spoiled me and if I don't have one in the fridge I tend to not do them at all :P 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I love using skincare acids, well not the feeling the results. Which AHA/BHA products are you using Shaz?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm getting more into masques these days. So I use a them almost daily, usually it's a sleeping masque. But now I use some sort of peel or exfoliating or hydrating masque or a combination of both every other day. 
  Usually when I do a clay or exfoliating masque I like to to follow with a moisturizing mask and then I may use a sleeping masque after I apply my serums. I did break the record yesterday and used five. I multi-masked with a mud masque on my breakouts and breakout areas (Glam Glow), then a really hydrating mask on my dry areas that I can see the pores stretching because it's so tight (Origins Drink It Up 10 Minutes), and then a lighter hydrating mask on the other areas of my face (Linden Leaves Moisture Masque). I really liked the results when I rinsed it off, then I put a more heavy sleeping mask on the tighter, drier areas (Origins Overnight Masque) and a lighter sleeping pack on the more normal/combo areas (Dewy Tree Aqua Collagen Peptide Sleeping Masque). 
    Masquing is my latest obsession. I've ordered a whole bunch of sheet masques and plan to incorporate those frequently into my routine. 
Macs
5351 posts
I used to do one at least once a week . But now it might be every couple of weeks. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've been loving My Beauty Diary sheet masks. They're from taiwan and I can find them in my local Chinese supermarket. They've all these different types, with really cool ingredients like sake, lemon, hyalauronic acid, aloe etc. They're really cheap (about 2.50 each) and I use two a week.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Once a week for me :) I usually do mine on a Friday night.
Kimrose
1416 posts
I use a mask once or twice a week.  Depending on what I use it gives the Husband a bit of a giggle as they are not the most flattering things to have on your face!  I also have found a mask that you leave on over night and rinse it off in the shower in the morning. Lovely.
Ringy
825 posts
I have an overnight one as well, the Elizabeth Arden ceramide one. I love it. I also saw that Sephora had night masks when I was having a peruse online, not sure how well they go. I usually do a mask once a week. 
MissQT
1547 posts
not often at all I'm afraid! I think t was one or two months ago when u last did a face mask. I want to get into regularly using them though.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I only have time to do it once a week on a sunday night. Would love to do an extra during the week but never get the chance to.
Ringy
825 posts
After reading about this yesterday - last night I thought I'd sit in bed, you tubing and relaxing with a sheet mask on - woke up during the night still with said sheet mask on! My skin was very plump and hydrated this morning!
Ringy
825 posts
After reading about this yesterday - last night I thought I'd sit in bed, you tubing and relaxing with a sheet mask on - woke up during the night still with said sheet mask on! My skin was very plump and hydrated this morning!
beautygramnz
19 posts
I try to do one once a week but sometimes it's once a fortnight, I love using them but often don't take the time!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
It depends sometimes once per week or sometimes 5 tones a week it different types of masks of course and if I have sheet masks theb that's another story
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I aim for twice a week, especially if I have a fresh Lush mask, to make the most of it before it expires. I always try to do a mask on a Sunday night and again mid week. If I dont have a Lush mask I will use a glycolactic one (my favourite) then a sheet mask during the week. I like sheet masks as there's no mess and you just throw it away when you're done.  No need to get off the sofa to rinse lol. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I don't have a set routine, just when I think my skin needs one.
JessB
219 posts
After reading about moisturizing masks on BR a couple of days ago I decided I wanted to make it a once weekly thing. Haven't really ever used masks before now. However that night I used a cucumber peel mask and I've been having horrible break outs since!! :( so I am going to have to do more research before delving into a masking as a common occurance. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
JessB that's awful results.
If you have any allergies I suggest that you check the ingredients list incase there is something in there that could trigger and allergic reaction. Sometimes it's a mix of ingredients that brings the effect.
What I do suspect is the mask could have just been too harsh for your skin which does happen. Peel masks I find can be drying on the skin as they pull things away from the skin. I also have a clay mask that I use very rarely as it is hard on my skin and I have another 4 clay masks open that I use more often. I have used my everything gone balm as a mask because of the good oils in it.
You didn't state the packaging for product was it tube or sachet? What I would suggest is rather than buying the large tubes getting the mask in sachet form. It does cost a little more for the same amount but the ingredient remain sealed having not be exposed to oxygen and I would rather spend $3 for a sachet than $18 on a tube and not have it produce the result I want.
JessB
219 posts
Thanks for the advice Ragingfrog! Yeah I think it might've been too harsh. I had bought it in a sachet packaging from the pharmacy. I'm happy I did too, because now it isn't wasted as much as it would've been in a tube. My face (especially my cheeks) is quite sensitive, so when I tried the mask I did a spot test and it was fine. So if there are any ideas about more moisturizing and gentle masks then I'm keen on trying them out!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!