Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Growing out eyebrows!

14 posts, 8 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi ladies, so I need some tips.
I was born in the 80's so unfortunately I have the 90's overplucked brows! I had a girl tease me a lot at school about my bushy brows so oneday I went ham on them lol ugh if only I had known.  I'm trying to grow them out a bit, I have never tried before as I hate stray hairs and feel I look unkempt if my brows are not tidy. I have dark hair and pale skin so it is so noticeable!  Any tips please! 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I grow mine out before reshaping them. They don’t grow out a lot but I draw them in a way that includes the stray hairs (as long as the hairs would fit into the new bigger brows). Strays in random places that would never make the cut I still pluck.
MareeB
5242 posts
My beauty therapist is trying to reshape mine. They're quite sparse because of my illness. She waxes the top to keep them straight as I have a square face but I'd like a curve instead of a line if I could. Its been years and they still look the same sadly.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I find that if you're trying to tidy things as they grow out but don't want to pluck then those little eyebrow razors are great for shaping because the shaved hairs grow back fast but then shaving is fast too.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Growing them in sux lol. I do have some of the wee razors so that is a good idea. I shall try refrain myself from plucking lol. I have had thin eyebrows for so long I can't even imagine them bigger lol but I am determined.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I used to get mine tinted but that will orivs kill me now so I swear by a combo of brow pencil and mascara. 

But try tinting, I used to get mine done in benefit :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've never used a brow pencil Trudi lol I know I know! I'm going to the city on Thursday so will have a look. What do you recommend?  
trudijoy
8375 posts
i usually have a creamier one and a fine one in my stash.

I LOVE Benefit's 'Precisely, My Brow' and Billion Dollar Brows Universal pencil, or their Triple Threat.  

For Brow mascara, the Essence 'Make Me Brow' is 10% of the cost of the Benefit one for a very good dupe.

I know a lot of people who swear by the Wet and Wild brow pencils, though I've not tried them.  The Mellow ones are also very good. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Great thanks for that! I shall have a look at those :-)
Helibabi
101 posts
Could try librow. I haven’t used mine yet I’m waiting until after I have this baby so can’t personally comment but the reviews on here for it look promising. 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhh yes I will look into that! Off to read some reviews now. Thanks!
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Oh yes... I had those thick, dark eye brows back when i was in primary school and did get teased about them. However I’m glad that mum was quite tough and not let me touch my brows back then, as now thick, simple brows are quite popular in the asian community. A good brow pencil would make a difference.
Macs
5351 posts
On my lazy days lol I hide the strays with concealer . Bit of all over face powder good to go lol 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol Macs I picked a good time to do it as I'm not working at the moment so can let them look a bit wild, have only touched them a tiny bit and used foundation and powder when I had to go to the store. I actually thought they grew fast but nope......it's a horrible slow process

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!