Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Good moisturiser for combination skin?

8 posts, 6 members
Sophia
203 posts
Chicks, I have trouble with moisturiser.  At least, in my oily T zone I can almost wear nothing at all down my nose, between my lips and smile lines, and anywhere on my chin without getting a big zit.  The forehead is not so bad, it's just down the middle of my face mainly.

Does that mean the oily skin doesn't need moisturising?  It seems like asking the obvious but I thought I'd ask.

I'd really like a product with little to no fragrance that I can put all over my face.  One with SPF for daytime use would also be great.

Here's my current regime:
Morning:
Dragons blood eye cream/serum (around eyes only)
Olay lotion sensitive (pink bottle) (cheeks & forehead)
Trying out Revitalift Serum on cheeks & forehead too

After shower in evening
Rosehip oil dabbed everywhere but chin and nose
Trying out Revitalift Serum on cheeks & forehead
Essano serum on neck

Who else has oily skin and what products do you use? 

RamblingRose
1280 posts
Yes, oily skin does need to be moisturised.  I have very oily skin, and I’m currently using Skinfood’s SPF 15 Moisturiser.  It’s light enough not to cause breakouts and it’s non-greasy and is absorbed fast, so can be worn under make-up. Other day creams that I really liked using were Evolu Protective Day Cream and Oasis Beauty’s Knock Out.
Sophia
203 posts
Silvene, I've just read your reviews of this and the light non-spf moisturiser, thanks for all the detail. I will look out for these at the supermarket.

Julieal
915 posts
Evolu is a really good brand and I note they have a day moisturiser for combination skin -May be worth a look?
Imoshen
461 posts
I got hold of some CeraVe, both the PM and the moisturising cream from iherb and that stuff is amazing.  Best stuff I have ever used.

No fragrance, no gimmicky ingredients, does the job, doesn't make me break out, sinks into my skin and doesn't leave it looking oily like many others do and I can't wait for the brand to come into NZ.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm combo, tending oily, and i also use the Skinfood SPF or light moisturisers for day, and a heavier night cream a few nights a week, along with a serum a couple of nights and a sleeping mask at least once.

When I'm travelling I use Nivea Soft, which is the best multipurpose lotion ever invented. It works for day or night, face, body and hands. I COULD probably use it all the time but I choose not to, and to keep it for travel.
trudijoy
8375 posts
and re night creams, I LOVE Benefit 'Total Moisture' but it's hella spendy. I'm currently using an Evolu one from the vault, and it's nice enough, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.
Xienda
2 posts
[color=#333333]I use Cetaphil from the chemist... It's not expensive, light, has no dyes or fragrance, made for sensitive skin, and meant to be good for both dry and oily skin conditions. Worth a try![/color]

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!