Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Garnier Micealler water is here!

63 posts, 42 members
Filoaha
67 posts
Or at least it is in Dunedin at the Centre City New World. 

Has anyone tried it before? I have been using the L'Oreal Skin Perfection version for over a week now and I think it's alright, I'm not overly stunned with it though. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've been using Garnier Micellar for over a month now. Reviewed it a couple weeks back. Its amazing...I love it
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Perfect timing if I can find it here! I need a new make up remover. 
Filoaha
67 posts
Mmmm I like it for taking off my eye makeup as it doesn't feel greasy at all.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have been wanting this for the longest time, but keep putting it off!! Filoaha, can i ask how much it was at New World? Want to compare the cost with other sites and NZ suppliers iv seen around just out of curiosity.
Am I the only one confused and unsure about what exactly this is still? Haaaalllpp!!

So am I supposed to use this in place of a cleanser? Don't shoot me fangirls but my skin doesn't feel right when I do. Or am I on the wrong track and it's like a make-up remover/pre-cleanse
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Wow are they finally selling it here in NZ?? I purchased a couple of bottles in Australia back in November and I can honestly say that this stuff is amazing and will be using it for a very long time. After using makeup wipes I go ahead and use a bit of the micellar water on a makeup pad, I wipe over my face and its amazing at how much product is still left behind... highly recommend!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ash i use it twice -once to cleanse and once to make sure. Although you arent supposed to need to rinse i do anyway and find it feels cleaner. I always rinse after makeup wipes too.

Ih and tonilee...i kicked myself for only buying one bottle in Aussie but now we can get it here...yay!
triffid
151 posts
I will definitely try this one due to all the positive revies on BR
Filoaha
67 posts
Hi Marzipan! I think it was around the $15 mark? I didn't make a mental note sorry! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Hi Ash, I use this as sort of a toner or second cleanse. So in the shower at night I use my usual cleanser to get my makeup off then after that I use this sort of product to get any residual mascara etc off and just make sure my skin is clean for my moisturiser etc. In the morning I just use it to clean the skin again by itself before sunscreen etc. (Both times I use it on a cotton pad) I find it isn't one of those essential makeup products, but more of a nice to have.
Macs
5351 posts
sounds really good girls , better check the reviews
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
AHHH I am definitely checking my local New World when I go there next to see if it is there. I want a new eye makeup remover as the one I use currently (Nivea) isn't that efficient at removing all of my mascara. 
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I so want to try this, I have been checking out the reviews and it sounds great. 
MissQT
1547 posts
Ooh I've been waiting for this to hit nz, so I'll definitely be reading those reviews and keeping my eye out for it in store.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Marzipan New World has it for $10.99 grrr I just had a friend bring over some from Australia and I worked out quite dare, I really like it :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Okay, I need to get some of this stuff.  I thought it was just a toner so didn't get excited but now you lovelies mention taking makeup off with it, now that sounds more like my product.  Will have to stalk our New World up here in Whangarei and see if they stock it x
RC
162 posts
Ahhhh no, it's finally here?? Willpower, stay strong! I refuse to break No Spend over this product release, I've only know about micellar water for a couple of months but I've been dying to try it. I have the most specific use in mind, I need to be better at removing my makeup after work/before gym, I never bother. I even put aside an empty toner spray bottle, so that I can keep this stuff in my gym bag and apply it quickly!! Stay strong, deep breaths... I need to stay away from the Beauty aisle lol

SandieNZ
424 posts
Argh - I really don't need to get hooked on another product!  Although this does sound like it might be the perfect finishing touch to my nightly cleansing routine - I'm using Tailor Oil cleanse at the moment so maybe this would be perfect to follow up with before I moisturise.....?  :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I'm definitely going to try this (I just ran out of liquid makeup remover) and I will use it as any other makeup remover - I always follow with a proper cleanser to get every last scrap off.
skingeek
537 posts
I'm so skeptical, but I must have it!! I would probably tent to use it more as a pre-cleanser though. Is that what it's for? or are you meant to use it for both cleanses?
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Not on my countdown online it's not, I will have to visit the store and see if it is there yet. "Sigh"
shazatron101
5112 posts
I find it strange that we all want this product, yet not a lot of us know what it actually does, and where to use it in our beauty steps!
First Lady
957 posts
Hahaha shazatron101 so true - the power of hype!

Ok, so Micellar Cleansing Water is... a cleanser.

It removes makeup (like a precleanse would), dirt and grime (like a cleanser).   And because it's incredibly gentle it also soothes the skin.

I know, how can a cleanser be soap and detergent free?  How can a cleanser not need rinsing off?!

It's all to do with the science behind micelles - these are molecules that attract impurities from the skin.  Don't ask me how, I'll just say magic.  BR Zoe has told me all the ins and outs, but I'm sticking with magic.

So yes, if you cleanse with Micellar Water you will literally use a cotton pad soaked in the product and 'wash' your face with that.  No need to follow with a foaming cleanser, a cleansing wipe, nada.

The best thing to do is keep your eyes on the reviews here (4.7/5 over 52 reviews so far) and then sneak a bottle in the grocery shop and add your own experiences! 

xox
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah, what Nat said. I was slightly skeptical but it was about $11 in Aussie and so I grabbed some. OH MY GOD.

My skin is oily - it's balanced it. It was blemished - its clearing it. Literally feels like you're just wiping your face with water but your makeup comes off and your skin feels amazing. I'm completely converted to using this and only this at night, with a little rosehip oil and the moisture emulsion lotion form the Dec beauty box after :)

No more makeup wipes or harsh cleansers, and it's cheap (and in a cute bottle) - what's not to love.

Can't rave about this product enough :)
charly
456 posts
I really want to try this after hearing you rave about it, Trudi!
bronjenks
253 posts
Man all the awesome reviews, I'm going to have to look out for this.  If it removes all my eye makeup in one session without too much scrubbing then I'd be a convert :-)

trudijoy
8375 posts
Charly if I can find some this week I'll pick you up some, yeah?
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I'm hoping my local supermarket gets this soon because I need it in my life.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
?Just saw this advertised in my New World catalogue! Exciting, might have to go to new world tomorrow and pick this up
You ladies have my attention now.  Going to go and read the reviews  :-)
Macs
5351 posts
If the Micellar Cleansing Water is being featured this week it must be good aye..I had a look at the reviews last night and the feedback I read on there was very good.
Julieal
915 posts
I really want to try this -It sounds nice and light for taking off makeup and easy to use.
Cesy
162 posts
Good old Centre City, of course they'd have it! 

I am wondering if Farmers are going to get it, their Garnier range is normally fairly stingy but they'd have to wouldn't they? I should go check it out, I have vouchers to use!
OMG I cannot wait to try this product ! It looks absolutely amazing. I can not wait to try this and hear all the amazing reviews from the trialists.
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I'm supposed to be on limited spending but I really did need a new makeup remover so had to get this today! Unfortunately today was a no makeup day so I couldn't put it to use but am excited to use it 
Astariuss
29 posts
I am so excited to give this product a whirl! I have heard many glowing reviews about it and can't wait to purchase. It also seems very good value for the size of the bottle (400ml) I think it is around the $15 mark :)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Unichem and life pharmacy are selling this for $12.99 and are currently having a 20% off sale on all garnier products :)
-Bex-
611 posts
I couldn't see it at the supermarket tonight so brought the skin perfection micellar cleansing water fingers crossed it's as good as garnier after reading the rave reviews on it.  
I am going to have to keep an eye out for this! I have been waiting so patiently for it to come to our shores! So excited.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I purchased one online tonight :) can't wait for it to arrive especially since my makeup remover is almost all gone
MrsO
196 posts
I just read in the Life Pharmacy pamphlet they have it for 25% off which makes it just over $9.00, must go and get some to see what all the excitement is about.
Ngahew
152 posts
$9.00? I'm so there too!!
Ngahew
152 posts
$9.00? I'm so there too!! Oops...it sent twice! It must mean I have to get two bottles!
MrsO
196 posts
Yeah, good aye. It's actually Unichem & Life pharmacies that have it. They have 25% off all Garnier as well, look it up on their website.
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
Haha shazatron101 that's so true! Thanks for clearing that up Nat.  I'm in the market for a new cleanser so I'll be keeping my eye out for this one!  
Lisa-
79 posts
I bought a bottle today from the warehouse, they were $12.99. So theres another place you ladies might find it :) Excited to give it a try!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol even though I have a bottle I'm becoming obsessive about finding stockists so I never ever run out :p
Ngahew
152 posts
Is it really that good?
Ngahew
152 posts
I just read my Countdown mailer...its $9.00 there at the mo

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!