Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

8 posts, 6 members
lifeissupa
35 posts
Lol so i turned 38 today.
I need something lol i need a good face moisturizer.
Ive been a olay girl since i was like a spring chicken. Just the good old normal one. Ive tryd the pump style ones and the night creams and they are to thick or rich break me out in pimples. So back to the normal same one.

Id love some advice on a nice night or day face cream that will help with fine lines dull looking skin. I need a vamp up refesh that will help with me aging lol.
I use sebamed clear face cleansing foam which has made a big difference and hardly get pimples now. Just blackheads on my chin and nose.
Long read i should shut up now lol

Any help advice be much appreciated thanks
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey chick...happy birthday first of all. I trialed the loreal revitalift x3 range and it is pretty great. Countdown has it on special often. Also a weekly mask may be nice and also make you feel a bit pampered. I love mud masks either crop or skinfood or just a single use sheet mask would be nice. The new garnier ones are amazing.
trudijoy
8375 posts
happy birthday!   feb babies are the bestest (i'm 37 on Friday :p )

I've hit on a regime that's working for me skin-wise!  I'll put it all here so you can size up what might suit you :D

I use:

- make up remover - an oil cleanser.  I was in love with the ZA one but it's discontinued, so I now use the Body Shop chamomile one or MAC (I have the moisture mist one to try out from the last vault though)
- cleanser - at night i use Skinfood gel cleanser (i double cleanse more in summer than winter though and in the shower in the morning i swear by Ethique In Your Face
- SPF for day - I use Skinfood.
- Night cream - at the moment i have Benefit Total Moisture which i love - I like the Nivea Soft one nearly as much though and it's a fraction of the cost.  I only use night cream about 3 nights a week.
- sleeping mask - if you buy nothing else, buy one of these.  Sephora make them, I have the big tub and i've been using it for over a year and it's still going strong, and they're $20.  I have the rose one and I'll rebuy it next month!
- if you're feeling fancy - Chantecaille Jasmine Lily and Magnolia emulsion is absolute heaven, but it's like $175.  I had a sample and now I'm in love, but can't justify the price tag!
- fake tan!  It feels counter intuitive but when my face is browner it looks and feels healthier.  BUT with a family history of cancer, I faux glow.  I use my bondi sands mousse on my face, but their gradual face tanning milk is lovely
- Mario Badescu Aloe, herbs and rosewater facial mist - I use this as toner, after sun and refresher, and keep it in the fridge.  Any rosewater based mist is lovely, that's just my current fave
- masks - I only use masks sometimes but usually the Lush ones - Brazened Honet, Catastophe Cosmetic or Cup O' Coffee
- oil - sparingly and very occasionally I'll use a little rosehip oil but my skin doesn't need it
- eye cream - they discontinued my HG benefit one and I'm still looking for another hg one!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Happy Birthday! You might want to think about adding an acid (not as scary as it sounds) or a retinol to your routine. Rather than try to explain it all myself, I suggest you check out Carolinehirons.com. A good place to start is the cheat sheets on the right hand side of the home page - the ones in anti-ageing and acids in particular. Salicyclic acid is also good for break outs and blackheads. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Also, if you find night creams too heavy, you could just try a serum or oil instead or even layering these. I've just been using serums at night in this heat. I don't think my skin needs anything heavier at the moment. I have pretty 'normal' skin (if there is such a thing!) after over 40 years of problem skin!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Happy Birthday hun, and I can I just say you don't look 38 x

For me, I have walked away from actual moisturisers and now only use serums especially ones with Rosehip in them.

I have been trialling francincense and rosehip oil recently and my skin has been looking better than ever. I do tend to get bored though and switch it up regularly as my skin tends to become immune after awhile, so then I move onto the next product.

But the one item I still rave about (and have probably bored everyone to tears with me going on about it lol) and that is the A'kin Rosehip Oil with Vitamin C. It has been really good for my skin and dramatically reduced pimples, it is very rare for me to get them now.

I hope you had a lovely birthday xx
lifeissupa
35 posts
Thank you so so much and more. Countdown has a sale thingie on will write me down some notes and have a look there friday.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I would second layering serums and toping that off with a facial oil. Also incorporating chemical peel into your routine. If you can get to a Mecca store get a sample to try of the KateSomerville Exfoliate, they have a gentler version and a more intensive one. I find the intensive one quite bearable but start with the gentler one if you want to go in easy and I only need to have it one for two minutes. Leaves me with baby soft skin. And the bonus is that your serums, facial oils and moisturizers will absorb better. If you don't like the Kate Somerville one there's the glycolic one from Ren you can try. Alternatively try an acid toner a couple times a week for starters. The Ordinary one is the best priced one I have come across and even though it tingles a bit. After a few uses I notice a glow and smoother skin. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!