Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Favorite Skincare Devices

7 posts, 5 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
Hi everyone,
   It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. I've spent the last year and a half going to beauty school and getting my diploma. One of the reasons I wanted to attend was to have more knowledge of what products would best suit me and also pick up some beauty skills so I can give myself some proffessional treatments and save myself lots of money going to a clinic/salon. 
   I'm interested in purchasing some skincare devices to take things to the next level. There's some really proffessional clinic/salon grade facial modalities that I really, really, really want but unless I'm willing to open my own clinic/salon from home (looking at you dermapen 4) I just can't justify the price.
   Home skincare devices have gone up since Covid and lockdowns all over so looking to invest in some home skincare devices and add my proffessional touch to them. So I just thought if anyone has any favorites and ones they've seen results using that they'd recommend.  Thanks so much for the recommendations in advance. :-)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Hi, Tannygirl, it's good to see you back on the forum.  If you have qualified and already have your diploma, think about signing up for wholesale accounts with various NZ beauty suppliers. They will ask for proof of your qualification before your wholesale account is approved, but it only takes a day or so and saves you heaps in the long run. 

I'm not sure what area you live in, but if you plan on opening your own salon (in rented premises or from home) you may have to apply and pay for an annual Health & Safety License, depending on the relevant area council rules.  Trading without a license (even from a home-based salon) can incur a hectic fine if the council requires you to have one. Just another cost for you to keep in mind and look into.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Thanks so much Silvene. While having certification does allow me to purchase some products (like lash tints) which the general public may not be able to purchase, alot of places will not give me wholesale prices or allow me to purchase some proffessional devices unless I'm willing to pay 1,000s and undergo specific training in the device which is understandable. Plus, many brands won't give me wholesale prices unless, I purchase a large quantity of it and/or have a salon I'm using/selling it at. And at this point I'm not looking to open my own salon, just get a fulltime job in the industry and purchase some devices for personal use and maybe to occasionally use on family and friends. 

I currently have my eye on a microneedling dr pen that's in the 100s not 1,000s price range. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Well done tannygirl, and welcome back :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Congrats tannygirl!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Thanks Maree and Tabi. It's good to be back. :-)
Congratulations and well done!!! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!