Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Favorite Affordable Natural Gel/Foaming Cleansers

11 posts, 6 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
    So I found out the sad news that my favorite default gel cleanser that I've been using for years, Moreish is being discontinued. I really liked that one it was gentle, suited my skin from combo to oily year around, even if I used it twice a day. It was gentle enough for a double cleanse but also worked pretty well to clean off my non-emulsifying oil cleanser. It was SLS free and even with my brother using it it still lasted for months. Plus a 200ml pump bottle is under 20 bucks. 

Companies giveth when they put products on the market and they also taketh away when your favourite is discontinued. So now I need to find or rediscover a new gel cleanser that can fill the empty spot in my shower shelf and heart that Moreish left. So what are your faves for a gentle, SLS free, effective and affordable gel cleanser?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Have you tried Skinfood’s Gel Cleanser? It’s only a 100ml tube, so half the size of the Moreish pump bottle, but I would recommend keeping your current cleanser’s pump bottle, if you don’t have a spare pump bottle lying around.  Skinfood’s Gel Cleanser comes in a tube, but should really be in a pump, as the gel is very liquid and just runs out the tube, so you will need to decant it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the heads up about the texture I'll keep my old Moriesh pump bottle.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i like the Skinfood gel one too.

I'm obsessed with the Garnier Micellar foaming cleanser, and it's not available here, which makes me sad as mines half gone. I'm seriously considering going back to the states for a restock of certain things, including that lol. I'll try the Simple one first though, I guess.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I liked the Skinfood one too but totally agree with decanting it. It quite literally runs out quickly as the formula is so thin. 

I've gone back to Ren's Rosa Centifolia Cleanisng Gel (I've reviewed this before) but it's probably more than you're looking to spend. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Actually the Ren one doesn't sound too bad so I might consider it if the Skinfood one doesn't work out too well. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The Ren is lovely. It leaves your skin feeling clean without feeling like it's stripped away the goodness you've put on your skin the night before. I'll be sticking to this for my morning cleanse. 
AboutFace
412 posts
I loved the Moreish hand cream it was a really good brand and was disappointed when Countdown discontinued it. Don't know why they do that.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I was so bummed out too as their products were really good quality for the price. They used to have a clay mask that was moisturizing that I really liked. But their cleansing gel was my staple default for the past few years. I hope they bring back the brand because their products are really good and affordable.
Macs
5351 posts
I have one from Sukin that’s sitting I must give it a try soon. Let you know what it’s like .
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I remember trying the Sukin cleanser, toner and moisturizer back when I first got into natural skincare since they were so affordable I found the cleanser quite drying and that was when I had more oily skin.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!