Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Face mask recommendations?

20 posts, 15 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Top of the marnin to ya!

I went to treat myself to a face mask as the weather here is crapola, only to find i have 0 face masks in reserve and the ones i do have are tried and not overly favored.

So, throw anything at me so i can be enabled. Cheap is good. For dry skin, even better!
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I have been really enjoying the Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask. I wouldn't say it exfoliates so best used in conjunction with something like a peel or scrub that does. So that's how I use it, after I do peels or scrubs so I can get in my mud mask but also it's soothing and moisturizing as well and really gentle on my skin. You can leave it on for a long time without it drying out your skin. 

trudijoy
8375 posts
The origins intensive one is great, it’s not a wash off mask so I use it as night and sleep in it. I also love Sephora sleeping masks and Lush fresh masks
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I tried the new garnier charcoal sheet mask on Sunday. It is lovely. I have dry skin and it is hydrating. Was $3.99.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   If you're after something that doesn't take much time to use and is cheap and brightens your skin a bit I would recommend the Tony Moly Tomatox Massage Mask. It's under 12 bucks for 80g on iherb. Plus it's fairly gentle. You only need to have it on for about 5-10 minutes to do it's magic. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
i was looking into the trilogy ones. maybe. not interested in tony moly, ive tried it before and i didn't think it was all that great.

already have an overnight mask ;-) but maybe i'll check that out, thanks Trudi <3

i've tried that! i liked it! but i'm after clay or creamy :-) but thank you!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Crop mud mask is my favourite!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Nothing outstanding comes to mind that I could recommend. I am using the Goodness duo set atm its alright but not great.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I love using the pink Garnier hydra bomb tissue masks for sensitive skin. I will be buying more tomorrow as they will be 50% off at countdown:)
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I love the nice and cool gel overnight sleeping masks.. such as the Laneige sleeping pack and missha’s super aqua ice tear sleeping mask...

I’m currently using Origins drink up intensive overnight mask, which keeps your skin nice and hydrated through the night... but it’s not very cheap. 
Veroz1
1 posts
I am all about Linden leaves at the moment. Beautiful natural skin care great for dry sensitive skin. The https://lindenleaves.com/shop/clay-cleansing-masque-with-organic-white-tea-and-manuka/ is lovely! I use it about once a fortnight followed by the miraculous facial oil. Unfortunately these aren’t cheap products but they are making my skin feel amazing! 
Julieal
915 posts
I got a lovely lavender one from the chemist $3 and made in NZ called Beauteous-free fom the nasties and really lovely to use.
indirose
1 posts
I've been loving the Skinfood Quench Coconut Mask! It's got the consistency of a moisturiser and your skin practically soaks it all up - and you just wipe it off when you can barely tell that it's still on. It leaves your skin feeling super hydrated, glowy and fresh. I use it once or twice a week and typically always before I put on makeup because it makes for a beautiful base before you apply your makeup. 

You can get it online or from Countdown (not sure what other supermarkets stock Skinfood products) for $15.99 (and Skinfood seems to be on sale more often than not at Countdown - so that's an added bonus!). It is such a steal and honestly, your dry skin will love it! 

Sophia x
dzozzi
4 posts
I have dry skin and my favorite mask is intensive care mask for dehydrated skin and  intensive care mask for sensitive skin by AnneMarie Borling. I like this brand so mutch.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have found out that if you're looking for something on the lower price range but with good quality when it comes to sleeping masks the Korean skincare brands have really good options. Corsx has some sleeping masks for about 25 bucks on iherb and I have heard them raved about. They are on my list to try.
Aztec Healing Clay mixed with ACV. It gets rid of my SFs and makes my pores appear smaller. I use it 1-2 times a week. The only downsides are that it's messy and you have to mix it yourself.
Any korean face mask really. 
EllaLemond
6 posts
I have dry skin and my favorite mask is intensive care mask for dehydrated skin and intensive care mask for sensitive skin by BRIGHTENING FACE MASK( Glow LAb). I like this brand so much.
MissQT
1547 posts
I also like the trilogy mineral mask. I have sensitive skin and find that it’s quite gentle on my skin and leaves it feeling really smooth. I also used to use skin food mud mask before trilogy and I liked that one too.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
As a treat, I've been enjoying the face hero masks... although they are a bit more expensive than other masks i usually get, my face feels great after using them. 

As a routine mask ive been enjoying the 8 minute masks from Jema rose. Her masks really fit my small face well, which is why i love them. If i feel like i'm running out of time but i feel my face is dry is and need a quick boost.. these come in handy. I would definitely bring these masks with me if i ever had to go on a long flight overseas.  

I'm loving the goat milk rejuvenating face mask with cherry blossom extract. It comes in a pretty pink box in packs of 10 which you can get for $14.99 at the chemist warehouse. The hydration masks comes in a box of 7 in a nice turquoisy green box.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!