Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Dry/Congested skin products?

9 posts, 6 members
Kush123
2 posts
Hi, what Cleanser, exfoliator, moisturizer, and sunscreen should I use I have dry skin and do I need a night cream?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's a big question! What is your current routine like and what products do you use? For dry skin,  I would avoid foaming cleansers, especially those that contain SLS. Add hyaluronic acid for dryness. My favourite sunscreen is Mecca's To Save Face. I find that really moisturising on its own. 
Kush123
2 posts
I only use Mostiruzer so far I want to get into skin care routine
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have dry skin but have managed to find a good routine to keep it at bay. I use a gentle cleanser, Skinfoods Cleans All is nice also Ecostore cleansers, I then use La Roche Posay serozinc spray toner, hyaluronic acid over that while my face is still damp then either Skinfood facial moisturiser or clean and clear. I use an exfoliator once or twice a week and I also do sheet masks and mud masks every week. Stay away from harsh chemicals as they usually dry the skin out even more. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maybe look at the starter packs that various brands do in the supermarke,  so you have a full routine without spending out for full size products, until you find what you like and what works for you. Skinfood and Essano are both good brands and they do these. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
That's a great suggestion soozie, those starter packs are fantastic.

Finding your perfect skincare regime is all about experimenting and being willing to try various things - what works for one wont work for all so it's nearly impossible to recommend a full range for another person. But once you get to trying products on your skin and paying attention to how it responds you'll start to get an idea of what you prefer to use. It can take a while, so be patient with the process x 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, I agree with Trudi and following on from that, I would suggest just introducing one new product at a time. That way you can tell which product is working for you or if you react you will know what to. You might want to start by adding a cleanser. If you gently remove or with clean flannel, that will provide you with all the exfoliation you need. I'm not a fan of manual exfoliating products. 
MissDilly
229 posts
The two things I really think changed my skin from dry, to more normal/hydrated/plump was definitely a Hyaluronic serum/lotion morning and night, and using a face mist to layer with it.. I also using the face mist during the day when my skin felt dry (Only Good is my favourite at the moment - Skinfood Coconut mist is good too) - otherwise I think it's just finding a regime that works.  And hydrating sheet masks a couple of times a week....they're so lovely when my skin isn't right.  The other thing I changed - was I make sure I cleanse well at night, but in the morning I just use water and a cloth - no cleanser, so I'm not stripping my skin too much.   I think Essano and Skinfood are lovely too.  There's so many lovely brands on the market with starter kits available 
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there,

I would definitely go with the starter packs that soozie suggested. That way you'll have a window in to what the full size products are like . Then you can buy those full sized products . I also read reviews as well . Then I form my opinion from that of what I will buy .  The review experts opinions matter to me only because I've seen these ladies on here for years. 

Goodluck with your skincare . Fill us in on how it goes.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!