Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Dry Skin Help?

27 posts, 16 members
Rania-alani90
106 posts
Hello girls!

So, I have very sensitive skin and if I ever use a product that is slightly too strong, my skin will react with dry spots all over my face :( (Which happens a lot!)

I've been reading all the reviews, but can't seem to decide what face treatment to get? Since I have combination to dry skin (only becomes dry when I use a product that isnt right for me) I need something for sensitive skin, reasonably affordable, and does the trick?

What is your favorite face treatment products?

Thanks dolls! x
Mila
1209 posts
My favourite all time skin product would have to be rosehip oil.  I have dry and sensitive skin (I only have to look in the mirror the wrong way sometimes) but Rosehip oil has never given me any issues and super moisturising leaves no residue or anything, love.
Mila
1209 posts
My favourite all time skin product would have to be rosehip oil.  I have dry and sensitive skin (I only have to look in the mirror the wrong way sometimes) but Rosehip oil has never given me any issues and super moisturising leaves no residue or anything, love.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
How sensitive is your skin? Does it react when you use certain products, or every product? If it seems to be certain brands or ingredients that your skin doesn't like then I would look into brands like Trilogy, Sukin or anything natural based and minimalistic in their ingredients list. If you seem to react to almost everything, or don't mind spending more than supermarket prices, you may like to look into the Avene range (there are a few products on Beauty Review). It is extremely popular for people with very sensitive skin, and I have never come across anybody who has reacted to it. I have combination skin and love their light hydrating cream for during the day. It is a small tube but it has lasted me a very long time. You may also like the thermal spring water for when you have reacted to something as it is very soothing. The brand is very generous with their samples so it is something you would be able to try before you buy xx
Sylvia
149 posts
I also love rosehip oil. My skin is combination but prone to dryness (doesn't react well to most cleansers, etc), but since I started using it this year I've barely had any problems with dry patches, which is amazing. There are a few supermarket brands which are affordable - Essano is one, and I believe that Skinfood has a rosehip oil also now. :)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Check the ingredients list of any that made your skin worse. Look for products that avoid those ingredients. I know preservatives, sls and slas cause problems for some people. Are you more sensitive in certain times of the year? Are you allergic to anything? Have you been using too many scrubs? as over scrubbing can make it worse.
Consider going for a vegetarian or vegan option. There are some good options out there.
See if the brand you want to try has a trial size that you can purchase. Cheaper than buying a full size and having to get rid of it when you have a sensitive reaction.
I have been using Essano for the past few months and had not problems but my skin is not particularly sensitive. If I scrub too often, I do go a little red.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey sweets, I totally know what you mean.  I have the same problem, but Beauty Review sent me a Thursday Plantation Rose Hip Oil to try awhile back and its my holy grail product.  It has done wonders for my skin and now my skin is not so dry.  At night time for extra moisturisation (is that a word lol), I put on the Rosehip Oil and then apply Tony Moly Panda's Dream White Magic Cream and use a CC Cream to go over it in the day time, my skin is now glowing and I now don't get the dry patches.  Hope that helps xxx
Rania-alani90
106 posts
Thank you so much girls!!! I'm definitely going to take in all your advice..
Will start paying attention to what's been harming my skin and causing the dry spots
Also have to get this oil stuff you're all raving about!

Thank youuuu xxx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Before joinING here I had mega sensitive dry skin.
Now following brand advise I can use products like skin care and also full makeup.

Start with Oasis Beauty. You can request samples for free from them. They give you 3. Then when you place orders ask for a different sample. Hot toddy and beauty sleep are my number ones from them.
ollytolly
33 posts
I love rose hip oil, use it every day and my skin is so so much better
MissQT
1547 posts
Coconut oil is also good. You can use it as a moisturiser on your dry patches. Because of your dry skin it will absorb into your skin pretty quickly. I also love using it as a make up remover. If you type coconut oil into the search bar you can find lots of other forum threads on coconut oil.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I used to swear by rosehip oil for my dry skin too until I was told to try jojoba oil as it treats dry skin better plus as its a natural oil its highly unlikely to aggrevate your sensitive skin =)
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Ooh ooh ooh I can help!!!!

OK so for weeks now I've had angular cheilitis (split in the corner of my mouth, dry, makes me look like the joker, ugh, yuck etc) and eczema on my outer lips and near my dimple. Nothing has helped, 8 hour cream, pawpaw, fatty cream, rosehip, coconut, even steroid cream.

2 days ago I got some Aloe protective restoring mask and used it on my face not even targeting the crack or eczema and overnight IT'S GONE!!! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!

The whole aloe range from The Body Shop is incredible but this, this is life changing.
1139 posts
Ashleigh!!! That happens to me quite a lot when I get tired but I've never known what it was actually called - thank you! Will keep that product in mind for the next time it happens to me.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
The splits on the side of the mouth are often from a lack of B vitamins, hence why they often occur when people are run down, stressed or tired. Just to keep in mind if you ever find that they are occuring often xx
100_percent_ash
488 posts
You took the words out of my mouth Chelsea yes it's also a B vitamin/ iron depletion problem. Hard to get on top of when I'm breastfeeding and supporting an adorable parasite though. I'm also a sleep drooler which is another big aggravating factor (my secretly shame)
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Oh, you poor thing! I bet it's like ulcers too... always popping up when you are having nachos or something spicy for dinner! I personally find the Go Healthy B Complex really good although I haven't had to test it with breastfeeding! xx
100_percent_ash
488 posts
It's really annoying I can't open my mouth very far so eating and flossing are tricky. This is only the third bout I've had thankfully.

I now feel like nachos though haha
1139 posts
Thanks Chelsea! My mum likes to tell me that I'm obviously not looking after myself enough - I'm sure you know what it's like trying to balance studying and working though! Sometimes it just catches up on you... I might need to start taking Vitamin B supplements before I go back to uni next year.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
They are amazing for stress, lack of energy, mood etc. If I could only take one supplement, it would be a B complex xx
notjaya
62 posts
I have dry & sensitive skin as well. I've found that the Antipodes range works amazingly for me. I currently use their Divine Face Oil (avocado & rosehip), day cream, and night cream. The Aura Manuka honey mask works very well as a hydrating mask too! I sound like an Antipodes fanatic--can't help it! They just work. I'm quite amazed since my skin is so hard to please. I'm about to try out other products like the cleansers soon. x
Jess_eca89
14 posts
I suffer from dry sensitive skin also and most of the time that comes with acne breakouts. I applied my sons esxma cream ( cetomacrogol cream ) that was scripted from my doctor and it's really help moisturise my skin and has also calmed down my acne. 
Kia
550 posts
Ok hear me out here. I recently purchased new pillows and was horribly allergic to them so my entire face was covered with ezcma and hives, and over time while they faded I was left with dry dry skin, and dead pieces of skin on top. I tried oils, and every single moisturiser I had in my house, including my mothers and sisters and nothing worked, until I reached for the vaseline moisturiser. I was a bit vary of putting it on my face because it is a body lotion, but I cannot believe the results, honestly, over night it managed to get rid of the dry skin that I had been trying to get rid of for two weeks!! 
1139 posts
So I'd completely forgotten about this until this morning when I noticed that the right side of my mouth stings when I open it... hello angular cheilitis. I raced down to the supermarket after I finished work so I could grab some Vitamin B supplements... probably a bit too late but hopefully if I get on top of it now it won't happen again soon!
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Would you believe that the day after commenting on this thread I noticed a small split on the corner of my mouth.. something I have never ever had before! And then the next day mum made nachos for dinner! Haha totally coincided with me running out of my B vitamins a week ago and not replacing them so I'm sure you are getting on the right track :)
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
ash_bandicoot angular cheilitis is horrible :(  I struggled with it a couple of years ago on both sides of my mouth and it recurred for a few months!  It was so bad I remember the corners bleeding when I would try to eat :( ugh that brings back some horrible memories ha.  At the time I was sitting a whole lot of exams so was super stressed plus after a blood test I was iron deficient so was given really strong iron tablets and vitamin C from my doctor which helped clear it up pretty quickly.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Since then I always watch my iron intake (I'm a vegetarian so it's even more important) and always consider extra B vitamins at times of stress.  Almond milk is also good for B vitamins, mosty B12.  I'll keep that aloe protective restoring mask in mind, it sounds great for all kinds of skin dryness :)
Rania-alani90
106 posts
Thank you so much for all your recommendations! So far I got rosehip oil and have been using it morning and night - THANK YOU!!! I am also going through all the posts and will definitely be getting some more stuff to fix my face - dry skin and makeup looks terrible as you all know :(

xxx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!