Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Dry skin Dry patches

39 posts, 12 members
MickChick
41 posts
What's your go-to dry patch product on your skin? 

I have very recently bought Rhino Repair from Oasis and I'm totally blown away with the results. I have really sensitive and dry skin. In colder months I end up with horrid flaky patches on my forehead. 
My main super sensitive areas are the creases beside my nose, my forehead and the outer area of my eyes. 
I'm using Sorbolene from my Dr all over my face currently, and now Rhino repair on those sensitive zones. The redness & dryness is totally gone! I've been using a gentle neutrogena exfoliating cleanser twice a week at night, then massaging Rhino repair all over to give my face a really nourishing, moisturising treatment overnight. I haven't had any blocked pores at all with this product either, which is fantastic considering how many oils are in it and how dense it is. This is definitely a product I'll never be without! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi! Glad you have found something that helps. I have very dry skin and it has improved dramatically over the past few months. Here are some products which help me, hyaluronic acid, collagen supplements, garnier charcoal scrub, garnier sheet masks.  I have tried so many products so for me it is just trial and error:-)
MickChick
41 posts
Hi Lisa, so interesting all the differnet products out there! I'm yet to try hydrochloric acid, I've heard good things though. Any particular brand you'd recommend? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol your auto correct must have changed it to hydrochloric acid! I definitely dont put that on my face:-) I have only used The Ordinary brand so far and I love it :-)
MareeB
5244 posts
I have dry skin too. I've been taking a tablespoon of oil every day and that has certainly helped.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh my! I thought that about the hydrochloric acid too! I use Hada Labo. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Lol funny! I was reading about Hyaluronic acid recently. It is supposed to be great for aging skin.
Julieal
915 posts
I have dry sensitive skin especially with weather changes and have found coconut oil helps a lot
MickChick
41 posts
OMG yes hyaluronic acid! Hahaha gosh I'd have no face left if it was hydrochloric acid haha Fresh start anyone? LOL 
MickChick
41 posts
Guess who just got an email from Farmers saying they now stock 'The Ordinary' range? Lisa it was meant to be haha $19.40 sounds pretty good to me xx 
KiwiLass
174 posts
oh exciting! all my woes are gone re the Ordinary no longer being stocked by Beautylish!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhhh! Great timing :-) The Buffet is also amazing and the oils. How awesome, so much more convenient to buy now.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Oh I haven't gotten than e-mail yet. Now I just need to compare the prices between Farmers and Cultbeauty to see which has the best deal. :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Oh and for dry patches sheet masks are really good at infusing your skin with hydration. If you don't have time for one then I would just get a gel toner with hylauronic acid and water based serum that focuses on hydration and follow that with a facial oil and a good moisturizer.
MickChick
41 posts
I love the idea of sheet masks. They always sound so appealing. But I just always end up really under-whelmed. They are refreshing & cooling on the skin though, which is lovely after a hard day. The Ordinary range looks super affordable from what I can see online at Farmers. I'll definitely have to pop in & try some for myself xx  
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love the idea of sheep masks as well but they give me a super claustrophobic feeling (I’m not claustrophobic, literally the only time I get that is when I’ve got a fever or when I have a sheet mask on) yet I love love LOVE gel eye masks. Go figure 

i get the odd wee dermatitis flare and usually use a medicated cream. General winter dryness is an oil based scrub like the Evolu  coffee one or the Pure Fiji one followed by a heavy duty body butter like Soap and Glory’s righteous butter

i can’t deal with the scent of rhino repair!

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Sheep masks, Trudi! lol! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Autocorrect ‘ducking ‘ hates me
MareeB
5244 posts
But it cheered us up Trudi :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I’m just gonna leave the sheep there lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's no wonder they make you feel claustrophobic Trudi! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahahaha I freaking love auto correct!
Macs
5351 posts
For my dry , At night I like to give my face a gentle face massage with my oil based serums like the skinfood and trilogy one . 

I try to keep face mask and scrubs at a once a week thing . Found them to be to harsh on my skin when I did more than once . 

I find tweaking your skincare here and there until you find a good routine . Consistency is key . 

Goodluck . 

MickChick
41 posts
Haha so now we have hydrochloric acid AND sheep in our thread. What a truly interesting post haha xx
MareeB
5244 posts
I love using oils but I'm so gumby that I have oil stains on all of my sweatshirts. It stains my pillowcases too because I apply heaps then go to bed!
MickChick
41 posts
Mare, I use the Trilogy antioxidant rosehip oil in the evenings and haven't had this issue to date. However, my skin very literally drinks it up instantly. I went and sampled Moisture Surge from Clinique the other day. The woman raved about it, as did a few passers by, saying how intense the moisture was, it lasts 72 hours. She said I'd feel a slight sheen on my skin ect. Within an hour my face was bone dry! It did feel very smooth, but it had just inhaled (so to speak) every inch of it. However - no irritations so that was a big win! Xx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Just a tip for using hyaluronic acid products (Moisture Surge has it in it): it works by drawing moisture from the air into your skin, plumping it up. However if the air is dry, it will draw moisture from your skin instead. It's best to use a mist before and after hyaluronic acid, then seal it all in with moisturiser. That's what I do and have found the hylaronic acid much more effective since doing so (yes, I have an elaborate skincare routine!) This might be why your skin skin felt dry shortly after applying Moisture Surge. 
MickChick
41 posts
That's really helpful info. Thank you. Clinique were selling packs atm which actually came with a mist spray as well. It all makes perfect sense now :) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That mist is supposed to be great! If you find oils sink in quickly, you might also want to use a moisturiser afterwards, again to seal them all in. I'm a big fan of layering skincare as you can tell! I would also avoid any kind of scrubby exfoliant no matter how good it feels to scrub those dry patches away.
Imoshen
461 posts
Yes, hyaluronic acid needs to be sealed in with a moisturiser after application for it to have the effect you're looking for.  
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'm wondering what you use to exfoliate MickChick? 
Julieal
915 posts
At least sheep are nice and fluffy and soft -love it
MickChick
41 posts
Hi tannygirl, I use Neutrogena Facial Cleanser Gentle Deep Clean Sensitive :) I get it from Countdown & it's super soft & gentle on my skin. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Lol MickChick I have a tendency to overdo it.

On a slightly different note, that new Palmolive oil that's being advertised on tele is on special at New World for $3.99.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Moisturisers rich in collagen ; )
tabucutie
1811 posts
Posting in here as I found a thread similar to what I was going to ask. I've never had dry patches before but have noticed a couple in the last week. General routine is cleanse, tone, oil, moisturise( day or night cream). I exfoliate every other day. The only new item in my routine is the Glow Lab rosehip oil which I have been using for a couple of weeks now. Anyone got any suggestions? Or should i just stop using the oil and see if my skin returns to normal?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I would say if it's only happened since you introduced a new product, then to stop using it and see if your skin returns to normal. 

I've had a patch of eczema on my eyelid for months. Not sure what caused it but only thing that keeps it away is a kawakawa balm my friend makes. If I miss using it for one day, it's back again. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks Soozie. I rarely ever gave a reaction to a product, but there's a first time for everything. I've heard kawakawa balm is good though I haven't yet tried it myself.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Kawakawa balm is magic! I used some on a burn on my finger tip (lighting a god damned candle!) and the pain went instantly! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!