Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Does Anyone Know of Any Effective Products to Get Rid of Broken Capillaries?

15 posts, 12 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
 Some weeks back I made a big beauty mistake that left my skin all raw. I was doing a peel. I never had done those gommage peels except I hadn't read the instructions so I left it on for like half an hour and my skin was getting really tight and I was thinking that's unusual. So I finally when to rinse it off and it had dried to like a layer of glue that wouldn't budge. I rubbed and rubbed with wet hands, my cleansing oil and scrubs. Somehow the lint from my hoodie somehow got on my face and made it worse. I had to pick off the fluff and hairs off my face. My skin was so raw and I broke allot of capillaries trying to get it off. My face had like an irritated rash where I had to painful yank out the hair around my cheeks and jaw.  I removed so many layers of skin that night just trying to get dried peel off, my skin was just absorbing the water splashed on it. Ironically my closed comodones and milia stayed intact as well as any sunspots.
   I'm now on the hunt to see if there's a topical product I can use to fix the broken capillaries and redness. I heard of removal using laser but I can't afford to do that. Has anyone come across anything that works? Any non-laser recommedations? 
BeautyGirl
162 posts
Oh my gosh! you poor thing! that sounds painful! i don't have any advice to give but i have broken capillaries on my legs and a couple on my face id love to get rid of! id love to see what the other ladies have to say about this!
Ringy
825 posts
I had laser on mine and they went for bout 2 years then are starting to come back. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh for the cost of laser Ringy, I thought it would be permanent. That's a shame.
Kimrose
1412 posts
Spending that much on a treatment Ringy and it is not permanant, such a shame
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Only two years? Where did you get it done Ringy? I wasn't aware NZ offered cosmetic laser treatment.
Macs
5351 posts
I have them around the nose upper lip area. Haven't found anything to eliminate them. Didn't know laser was semi permanent.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The laser may have eliminated the broken capillaries you had, but if you are prone to them, then new ones can take their place. I had a varicose vein treated a few years ago which closed the vein off. I've just started getting pain in the same site. Thank goodness I've kept up with my medical insurance (I knew there was a chance I would get more varicose veins) as it cost close to 10k last time!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Hi 
i had like ten million broken veins lots off small ones and a couple of reasonable ones over the bridge of my nose
i ended up doing a treatment that involved a small needle going in and a zap that sealed the wee vein. Lots of small jabs along each vein, and the larger ones got zapped with a liquid 
was like a load of wee bee stings and I ended up like looking like I'd been dragged through a gorse bush for a week after

i did this three times in a row with a six week gap in between zaps
they died they went away 
maybe eight years down the track I've had a few more pop up and ended up getting one more treatment 
it was and is a perfect soulotion for me
if I get more I'll go back it was a bit sore after 
im very happy with the results they didn't want to laser me as they said my skin could mark :)
MareeB
5239 posts
I've had electrolysis for random broken veins. I don't like it, but it works.
That's disappointing Ringy!  Following this thread,
Julieal
915 posts
This sounds like may just be tempory damage so perhaps use toner and rosehip oil until your skin has time to repair from the rough treatment ? Just a thought.
Imoshen
461 posts
Out of curiousity, MAGPIEFI,can you remember how much your treatment was?

I'm curious as I have a couple that would be nice to have removed.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
hey Imoshen 
it was a few years ago it was $150  per treatment 
but the last time I had it done it was around  $50 
im absolutely happy with the results around the nose eeee very eye twitching lol
but so worth it 
If they come back I'll  zap them again 
they just sort of go brown and crumble away under the skin amazing:)
Imoshen
461 posts
Thanks!  That's something I will definitely have to look into.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!