Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Chopping and changing between cleansers?

13 posts, 13 members
abba
6 posts
I was just wondering.. is it bad for your skin to regularly change cleansers? I sometimes do this but have been thinking recently maybe my skin needs more regularity.
jenni_bird
37 posts
I have never thought about this before, but know you have asked I would love to know too!
I do this all the time as I have a few different ones, but have never thought about this before. Would be interested to know.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Not sure if its bad for your skin, but I currently have 4 cleansers plus 3 scrubs on the go....I fail at loyality to brands lol I just love variety =)

Sarsk
27 posts
It can take your skin 3 weeks to adapt to new skincare routines and products, so changing it up regularly might minimise your results. I try to give products at least a month to work their magic before I change anything (unless I have a bad reaction, in which case I know it'll probably never work)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I doubt it. My skin is very stable and largely clear and I use a different cleanser morning and night, another different one once a week and I have 4 different masks and scrubs on the go.
Macs
5351 posts
Im not loyal to one brand. I chop and change between brands all the time. Im still searching for the perfect one. My skin changes so that doesnt help either.
Kia
550 posts
I have the same issue and use probably 5 different facial cleanser brands in a week. I googled this like I do with everything else, and found that luckily it IS NOT bad for the skin. However the affect of the cleansers will be minimised severly as they you skin gets confused about which cleanser to listen to if that makes sense. 

So like, when using one cleanser on it's own every day, the time it will take for it to work for your skin will be around 4 weeks, however if you use 2 cleansers per week, say a pore minimiser, and a black head cleanser, each cleanser can take up to 2 months for you to actually see results on your skin. 
tabykitten
186 posts
I'm glad you asked this, I've been wondering the same thing. I keep getting new things I see recommended here and switching it up too! :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I used to stick to one foaming cleanser year round then a couple years ago I discovered cream cleanser and my skin had a dramatic in improvement. Since then I discovered the benefit of using different cleansers. Now I always have a cream cleanser, gel or soapy cleanser, a scrub and a chemical/enzyme exfoliating cleanser and they're not all the same brand either. I can use different cleansers at different times of the day depending on whether my face is more oily or dry or I was wearing makeup or thick sunscreen.
kirstysays
762 posts
I chop and change depending on what I feel my skin needs at the time...I don't think it has any bad effects.
melly650
375 posts
I have recently also started chopping and changing but before that I've only used one brand for about four years. I dont think it's bad for your skin necessarily....
Susilia
484 posts
I also change my cleansers all the time, I have a few on the go at the same time. I use oil massage cleanser to remove make-up, scrubby one when my skin feels rough, foamy in the morning to refreshen my skin, and creamy when my skin feels drier and tight. 
I don't think a cleanser actually has active ingredients to work on your skin and even if it does it stays on your skin just for a few seconds, so I don't think a cleanser do much apart from cleansing, so there's no reason to use only one for its effects, in my opinion I must add.:)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!