Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Cheap but effective face cream, does it exist?

17 posts, 13 members
Hi all,
I'm in need of a new night cream or general face moisturizer. I normally use Khiels which I absolutely love but being one maternity the bank account doesnt support this option. Doe anybody know of any good cheaper options to help revive my tired skin and keep those pesky fine lines at bay. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
You can pick up L’Oreal on some really good deals. And I’ve just discovered after hearing ladies talk about it here how good The Ordinary is and they’re quite affordable too.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I got this Olay moisturiser in one of the previous BR vaults, and it was surprisingly good.  Other brands you could consider are Skinfood , Essano and Natural Instinct.

(In case there are members new to BR and the forum that may be reading this and aren’t 100% sure how this works yet (I’ve seen lots of new names lately) - the links that I’ve popped in above for the brands will take you to the BR brand directory, where you can read other member reviews to help you decide on a brand / item before you buy). 
MissDilly
229 posts
I love the Goodness range - it's a sister brand of Trilogy I think.  I lived on it while on maternity leave (and got picked for some awesome BR skincare trials!!)   To really boost hydration in my night time routine I use Goodness Chia Oil and their every evening cream over top.  Skin feels so good the next day! Often on special in the supermarket :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nivea Soft.  I keep going back to it.  To me it's very very similar to Benefit Total Moisture. But it's dirt cheap.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The Essano night cream is great!
MareeB
5239 posts
Pam's cooking grade coconut oil is good for a night oil.My niece has been using it (I do too at times) and her skin is luminous.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I've mainly picked up spensy or new Asian moisturizers during sales. There's a Black Friday coming up in a couple weeks. I think if you want something that feels light maybe a sleeping mask there's alot of K-beauty ones that are really nice on the skin and fairly inexpensive. If you want something natural that has that high end nourishing but light texture, that is inexpensive, I remember being really impressed with the Skinfood Nourishing Moisturizer some years back. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'd be a little wary of using coconut oil on the face as it's a known comedogenic so not for everyone. It's great as a body oil though. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I love coconut oil. If I apply it at night my skin looks and feels lovely in the morning.
lifeissupa
35 posts
Nivea soft or olay i reckon. They should be half price again soon at the supermarkets fingers crossed
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am currently using Skinfood. Affordable and my face loves it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah Skinfood is another goodie esp the value bundles :) 
Susilia
484 posts
I really like Skinfood as well, the night cream was very nice for the winter, might be a bit too rich for summer though, the prices are really good and they do a monthly bundle for $25, they change it in the 1. every month on their website, great deal! :)
I also like Revolution skincare, their hydrating gel cream is sooo good, but that one needs to be ordered from beauty bay and the likes. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Love the Goodness Every Morning Moistusier, affordable and easy to pick up at the supermarket.
EliseMM
120 posts
This is the eternal skin care question! 

I've been loving my K-beauty finds, especially Cosrx. Not super cheap (about $30 for a tub of moisturiser) but certainly cheaper than Khiel's. 

My issue with a lot of truly cheap brands is that they are full of sensitising fragrance. L'Oréal and Nivea seem to work well, but do I really need to rub perfume onto my face day and night? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
elisemm - yeah the fragranced face cream confuses me - there's one brand i can't use because it smells like really strong parsley to me and it gets too much.  SImilarly some of the gorgeous natural NZ brands have natural but heavy scents that overwhelm me as well.

My current faves aren't cheap (which is why i've not mentioned them yet) but they're relatively scentless and that's def part of the appeal!  (Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly and Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!