Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Blackheads and Teenage Boys

8 posts, 6 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies x

My 13 year old munchkin has become very aware of the black heads he has all over his nose. He's tried blackhead pore strips, masks etc to get rid if them.

He eats healthy and he's a pretty physical kid so it's not diet related that I can tell.

He's getting annoyed about them now and wants something to get rid of them. I'm all out of ideas, any advice please?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'd suggest a salicylic/BHA acid. Apparently Cosrx BHA blackhead power liquid is good - you can get it on iHerb. They also do spot dots similar to the Mecca ones but work out cheaper. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
What's his daily skincare routine like? Also what's his skin type?
siouxsannah
261 posts
I get them around my nose. I use an exfoliating scrub several times a week to remove the dead surface layer of skin over them. It makes extraction a lot easier and helps to prevent the pores getting clogged again. Essano and Glow-Lab make nice ones.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Please please start the conversation with 'it's totally normal to have your skin doing different things, there's nothing wrong with that but I understand that you want to try a few skin care things to find out what you like'.

Using words like 'issues' 'problems' 'bad' at this age is so dangerous. Boys aren't immune to appearance related self hate xx

The  best thing I ever hit on was double cleansing with a hot facecloth laid over my face and used for gentle exfoliating between cleanses. Takes care of most things without anything too harsh
trudijoy
8375 posts
And Mumof3 you didn't use any words that worry me about that, my teacher soul just can't not add the warning xx
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The only thing that really worked for my stubborn blackheads was an oil cleanser. 

When they’re really being stubborn and refusing to budge, I massage the oil cleanser onto my skin and then leave it on my face while I wash the rest of my body.  This gives the oils a chance to soften and dislodge the little oil plugs that have created the blackheads.  Once I’ve finished washing my body, I give my face another massage with the oil cleanser that is already on the skin, this time to help dislodge the (hopefully) softened blackheads, before removing the cleanser along with anything else that’s been dislodged from the pores. 

Fingers crossed that this this may work for him, too, if you’re keen to give it a try. 

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thank you lovelies for all the advice and tips.

Trudijoy, I totally agree, you really have to pick the right words and use them in a way that doesn't make them feel worse about themselves. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!