Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best Site to Buy Sheet Masks and Recommendations

53 posts, 16 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
Hi,
   My skin has been dry over winter and lately I've been getting into doing masks in the evening. I used to just do masques maybe once or twice a week, not counting an overnight masque which I use most nights.
   I want to try more sheet masks so far I've only tried a couple of sheet masks. One was the By Nature one and a couple other Korean ones that were given to me but I can't remember the name of. I do know that there's cheaper one and more variety online so I want to buy some online. 
   Now I know that Beautynet Korea sell a whole bunch and ship for free but I've been a bit chicken of ordering because I heard a couple years back that it took months for your order to arrive. I don't know if that problem is fixed and now shipping is quicker and more efficient. 
   So I was wondering what are the best sites to order from? I'm after good prices, good loyalty points, cheap or free shipping and order arrives in a reasonable time frame, freebies, etc. Also which brands and types do you recommend? I'm after anti-aging and brightening sheet masks mainly, also love natural ingredients in them but would like to hear about ones that you've tried and that gave you good results.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I don't know about online but I think I've seen some at warehouse and kmart.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I buy mine from RoseRoseShop I think it's called. I spent $50NZD which was including shipping and got 10-20 masks.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
The Japan Home mart has an online store where masks are from $3 the range isn't too broad but there are some there they have tonnes in store. I read a blog from Allure about the manufacturing of the sheet masks it's made me rethink my next purchase although it probably won't fully stop me from buying them yo can buy the By Nature sheets masks for $10 in a 5pack online & instore at the Warehouse too
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
The other Asian store iponondo has a vast range of stock in store they have the same range as the Korean online beauty store that ships direct from overseas some are actually cheaper here at that store then online. I browsed online & had good fun with the oprions which gave me insight for when I go instore at the mall here in Albany
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Sorry my linking skills have failed me
Macs
5351 posts
I tried looking on trade me and found a couple masks on there. Hope you find some tannygirl.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
here is the link for browsing
tannygirl
3392 posts
Which sheet masks do you recommend on there for me Shaz? What's the service like from RoseRoseShop? Like do they give freebies and samples? Is the shipping reasonable and does it arrive in a decent time frame? Sorry that's a lot of questions.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Depends what your skin type is, but it says on the masks when you click them. I like the Innisfree ones the best but they have hundreds to choose from. The service is good. Shipping took 2-3 weeks but it was tracked so not too bad. And yes I got samples. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
My first ever sheet mask is sitting there for me to try later this week :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Thanks Shaz. Do you usually leave the serum on or rinse it off? I'm just wondering if rinsing off the excess will negate the results. Just because the few times I've used sheet masques they've left my face a bit sticky. I did leave the left over serum on my face a few times but it was really sticky and none of my moisturizer made it feel better. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I rub it in, personally. Never had an issue with it being sticky.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yay Trudi!! I hope you love it :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks shaz! It's a honey one from Sephora... I liked the eye ones so fingers x'd for this one
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh!!!! I keep forgetting they do masks. I wanted to try some, I remember haha. Hopefully they do free shipping or something enticing like that closer to Christmas!
trudijoy
8375 posts
If I make it to Sephora in Melbs in Nov I'll grab you a couple Shaz
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh that's good Shaz. The Innisfree ones are pretty cheap. The shipping is bit pricey but the masks are cheap. Do you apply all your serums underneath or on top once you finish with the mask? Sorry so many questions tonight. I don't have a lot of experience with sheet masks but I want to get in the habit of using them once or twice a week. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Tried my first sheet mask tonight and.... Not a fan, tbh! Quite a claustrophobic sensation
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I know how you feel, Trudi. I'm not a fan of sheet masks either, I just don't enjoy the cold, clammy, clingy feel of them against my skin (I'm claustrophobic too).  Give me a nice clay mask or charcoal mask any day! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm not actually claustrophobic but I had gingerbread thing the heck off my face
shazatron101
5112 posts
Trudi, I dunno if that gingerbread is a typo or not but I am laughing so hard hahahahahahahaha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh my lord. Best typo everrrr. Yet now I want gingerbread loaf, toasted, with butter. Dammit Shaz
trudijoy
8375 posts
It was meant to say 'had to get that thing the heck off my face'. God I hate iPhone auto correct
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I could not for the life of me work out what gingerbread meant. Even though I am a victim of iPhone autocorrect several times a day. It really is the worst. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Best auto correct fail ever hahaha
Macs
5351 posts
I just got a new iPhone and I can't figure out how to turn autocorrect off. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha but gingerbread is so much better hahaha ahhhh thanks for the lols :D 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Okay just placed an order with RoseRoseShop. I can't wait till it arrives. I'll post a pic of my haul when it does. I am on a reduced spend but I justified it since I don't have hardly any sheet masks atm and I want to start using them twice a week at least. Fingers crossed there's some really good freebies in my order. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, go settings-general-keyboard. Its under that. 
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you soozie. Far out that was so easy to do. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
My order from RoseRoseShop hasn't arrived yet but I did order this 36 sheet mask set off e-bay on the 15th of September and it arrived on the 1st of October that's pretty fast, considering it was about 20USD and came with free shipping and 2 samples it's a pretty good deal. I haven't tried this brand so I can't comment on the quality but 36 sheet masks for under 30NZD isn't bad.
beautygramnz
19 posts
Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I just managed to pick up a 7th Heaven sheet mask from Bed Bath and Beyond in their clearance section for $2. I'm excited to see if I like how it feels on my face or if it is another "gingerbread" scenario haha
tannygirl
3392 posts
    My order from RoseRoseShop finally arrived. 37 sheet masks and I got a generous ammount of samples but it did take a week longer to arrive than when I ordered off ebay because I ordered from RoseRoseShop on the 8th of September and I ordered off ebay a week later and both orders arrived at the same time. The ebay one in the mailbox and the RoseRoseShop via a card to pick up at the post office. I also had to pay just under 18USD for the size of my order whereas the shipping off ebay was free. That being said RoseRoseShop had more variety and cost per sheet mask for the brands I picked out when I bought off RoseRoseShop was cheaper than if I had bought those same brands off ebay and I got many more freebie samples than I did with the ebay. So at this point if you're after just a certain brand that sells on ebay with free shipping you might be able to get a better deal there. If you're after certain brands RoseRoseShop is an option but shipping costs are dear and you're going to have to wait awhile for the shipping that you paid for. 

I do hope that the sheet masks in my RoseRoseShop order are better quality than the ebay order since I spent close to 70NZD on the first order as opposed to about 30NZD on the latter.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   My BeautyNetKorea haul arrived. It took three weeks so just a few days shorter than it did with RoseRoseShop. So between the two stores the main difference is postage costs. RoseRoseShop you pay - you pay dearly! BeautyNetKorea postage is free. I did spend over 50USD so I don't know if that made a difference in the postage or not, since I haven't done an order with under 50USD to find out. Something had leaked in inside the box when I did my order from Beautynetkorea but everything in the box was fine otherwise, even the sample sachets as I couldn't find the source of the leakage in the box. Other small differences between ordering from the two stores is Beautynetkorea has less items and variety and the prices are a little higher than Roseroseshop. Beautynetkorea I got given a free full sized gwp whearas with Roseroseshop I only got sachets. 10 sachets with my Beautynetkoreaorder and 13 with my roseroseshop order, also no leaking in the box when it arrived although my order from roseroseshop was only sheetmasks so I don't know if that was a fair comparison to beautynetkorea since I ordered other items as well. 

At this point I would suggest that if you are going for some items that don't weigh much like say nose strips, Roseroseshop is a better option since it won't weigh too much and there's alot of variety for low prices but if you are going to order something that comes in a jar or tube Beautynetkorea is a better bet, you might pay a few dollars more for the individual item but you'll save like 10-over 20 USD in shipping costs.
Aragates
5 posts
According to me you must search on Google to find out best masks before buy you must read all reviews i did not use any masks last 1 years so i can't recommend to you
JessB
219 posts
I recently used the Hydration Salvation Essenzza sheet face mask - really loved it! Unfortunately it's not on BR to review :( I found it really really hydrating, so much so that my lips were plump!
JessB
219 posts
Oh and about the Hydration Salvation Essenzza sheet face mask: it has 3 layers, a plastic layer that you peel before application, the mask and a final blue layer that you take off once the mask is on your face.  I was really worried about how the mask felt before taking off the blue layer - got quite claustaphobic myself! Was also worried that the eye holes were too small. But you've gotta get through it! Because once the blue film is removed the mask smooths onto your skin much nicer and there were no longer any issues of small eye holes. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I been told that jelly face masks are best for winter giving that deep hydration. I purchase from both mik and kiss me. Kiss me has a same day delivery for Auckland and up to two days for nation wide and mik is dispatched from.Korea so up to 10 days but is a NZ based site.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sheet masks make me wanna rip off my face tbh. The sephora sleeping masks are amaaaaazing though, I wake up with hugely improved skin
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Hikoco is pretty good if you want to buy them by the box. I think if you spend over $50 you get free shipping and they throw some samples in your order as well. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've not purchased thru Hikoco but have browsed and their site does look good with sales always occurring. I loved using my sheet mask's on the daily with a noticeable result immediately. The pomegrante mask by the brand etude house gave my skin so much hydration I was amazed by it my kids even notice the suppleness of my skin and commented and it wasn't only the look but to feel too. I didn't need to put any product on each night I used the pomegranate mask it was that good needless to say I've reordered the same masks in multiple for the price of 1.50 each who could refuse?
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yes I did notice the same thing too, Kerri. That when I used sheet masks daily even the cheap ones I had more hydration in my skin. 
Artemis
311 posts
If you have Cosmic Corner nearby, check out their TonyMoly (Korean) masks and other beauty products. I used to get mine from RoseRoseShop but its handy just grabbing them instore
Julieal
915 posts
Now you have got me interested - I had never heard of sheet masks. Are they easy to use ?
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Sheet masks are SO easy to use, I love them way more than your typical spread-wait-rinse- type masks. All the serum is soaked onto a piece of fabric and all you need to do is just spread that mask onto your face. And afterwards wipe off any excess or pat it into your face. And a great thing is you can walk around and get on with life since they're not going to drip or fall off. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I love them too charmmykitty however I prefer not to remove any excess serum and spread it down my neck as if I'm basting myself
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Lol 'basting myself' is one way to describe it! I usually wouldn't wipe it off because it's so precioussss. But some masks are a bit stickier than others and I really don't like it when my face fells excessively sticky, especially if I'm going to bed right after.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Normally I'd agree with you but then I tried it and my skin thanked me for it in the morning my skin flet like new bor babys skin after it's been wiped down of course and it looked very radiant especially after the pomegranate sheet mask that one has intensive hydration and my skin type is combination oily with age
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh that sounds good! Maybe I'll have to suffer through the stickiness and try it out next time. I do have a nice stash of hyaluronic acid sheetmasks that I'm dying to try!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!