Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best eye treatments?

13 posts, 7 members
KiwiLass
174 posts
Hi all, who on here has used a treatment for expression lines around the eyes that has truly made a noticeable difference? I've read the odd article over the years about patch treatments with fibers or crystals or something (but a lot of these seem extremely pricey). Has anyone found an affordable treatment that really makes a difference?  Would love to hear about it.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Not exactly an eye treatment- but I did have some hashtags lines from an expensive eyecream earlier this year which dried out my under eyes instead of do what it promised. I discovered Kiehls Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment which is a thicker eyecream you apply before bed at night.

I used it every night for a couple weeks and the hashtags were gone and any fine lines were softed considerably. It's about 50 bucks for a 14ml pot but you need so little it'll probably last you the better part of a year at least. If you want you can layer an eyeserum underneath it and the eye cream will help to seal in the moisture and plump out your under eyes. 

KiwiLass
174 posts
Thanks tannygirl, that definitley sounds like something worth trying.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’m 37 so not expecting cosmetics to make me look 17 but have recently fallen in love with the origins depuffing eyeroller thingo. Really refreshing to use. I tried a truffle based one in Hawaii that vanished bags and lines on the spot, one of those scammy pop up things though and I didn’t get sucked in to their tricks. Brands called Truffoire
KiwiLass
174 posts
Thanks Trudi, I Googled Truffoire and for that price I think I'd just go get botox and fillers! I'm 38 and have always been very expressive (lots of frowning when at the computer lots of facial expressions when talking - it's annoying the long term impact this has!). I'm not bothered by some level of expression lines and there's no way I'm going to turn back the clock, but am curious about products people have tried that have made a noticeable difference in the eye area- it's a tricky area!
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah it's like a liquid botox - they popped it on my eyes and the skin tightened and the lines disappeared literally in front of my eyes. It lasted about 24 hours - through a couple of showers and a swim. I was offered a 'too good to be true' price of like $150 USD for the whole set but I'm not silly enough to fall for that stuff in a random pop up with people who seem desperate....
trudijoy
8375 posts
also the pop up vanished without a trace like 2 days later. DODGY!
Imoshen
461 posts
Speaking of pop ups (and sorry to hijack the thread), Hikoco have a new pop up shop in Sylvia Park.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
trudijoy
8375 posts
ooh i might need to go and explore :D

CANNOT WAIT for Mecca to open at Sylvia Park and have my fingers crossed so hard that the Sephora AKL site will be there as well!
Julieal
915 posts
I find using dragons blood serum around my eyes is really softening - This is avaliable at supermarkets and reasonable priced
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Farmers has 15% off Kiehls until the 29th. Great time to get the eye cream for a few dollars cheaper. Not a huge saving but this is the first time I noticed a sale on Kiehls.
dzozzi
4 posts
all about eyes rich clinique is the best, good moisturizer, removes my dark circles, non-allergic that's good for me
triffid
151 posts
I have tried a few eye treatments and then I discovered Essano eye cream fromthe supermarket.For me within a few weeks it improved the darness around my eyes and people actually remarked how well I looked.In summer I chill a tea bag or two in the fridge and try to use thse over closed eyes.Works quite well too

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!