Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sunburnt Head

6 posts, 6 members
EliseMM
120 posts
I religiously wear sunscreen on my face and body, but always end up with bright red painful burn on the top of my head where my hair naturally parts. Here is the dilemma... 

1) a hat is the obvious solution, but sometimes it will just totally cramp your style and ruin a great hairdo 

2) I often will put a dab of sunblock along the part in my hair, but again it can ruin the look of a good hairstyle, and you don't want greasy stuff sitting in your hair all the time.

Any other suggestions? Is there some kind of magical hair-friendly product that will keep me covered this summer? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Spray on sunblock hon. I use the neutrogena beach spray literally everywhere incl scalp, face, ears and I never get burned when I use it
tannygirl
3392 posts
You can use a mineral brush on sunscreen where your hair parts. Although that would depend on how dark your hair is. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
What kind of hat do you use. I found once I found some trendy hats and styled my look according then hats worked great.
Use a parasol, the darker the better. Maybe some people would say that they aren't very fashionable, but at least they cover your whole body, and they don't stick to you, won't ruin your hair, or allow you to get burnt, while you are taking a stroll.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I find the small lacey sun umbrellas quite elegant, like the ones they use for wedding shoots. I wonder why i don't see them here. I wouldn't mind holding one =D

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!