Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

19 posts, 16 members
LanaAllison
4 posts
I've been thinking about scars recently, mainly because I have a friend who recently got a scar and she is very self consious about it. I thought I would make this thread to see how other people feel about their scars but personally like scars as they all have stories behind them and are a part of who you are.  

I have many small scars but 2 scars imparticular that are more noticeable. I have one small one below my lip that I got when I was quite young. I got it by hitting my head on a table and my teeth went through my lip. My second one is a big one on my stomach in the shape of a smiley face. I got this one by having an operation from having cancer when I was 7. For many years I hated this scar and was actually embarrassed by it but over time I came to realise that I shouldn't be and I eventually accepted it as a part of me. 

What about you? What scars do you have?
pintsize
1072 posts
I have some scars but I really don't like a couple of them and hide them away so no one to see... they are not long scars but they are deep and not very nice looking as my stictches were split open during the healing process.
I love it that you can embrace your scars, because I wish I could with all of mine. The scars I do love are my C-section scar because it means to me that my daughter was born safely into this world; and I also love some of my strectch marks, especially one in the shape of a crown above my belly button... I got it when I was carrying my son and he is my little prince <3
trudijoy
8375 posts
my most visible ones are a burn scar (from lifting chicken out of the oven at a weird angle) on the back of my right wrist, a rough patch on my knee from where i ripped it open 30 years ago, and on the back of my left hand where an IV line insertion was badly botched.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm an accident prone person, so I have many scars; some from childhood accidents, some from adulthood accidents, some from minor surgery and some from major surgery.  I used to hate my scars but as I gather more over the years, I've come to accept them.  They're a part of who I am and each one does have a story to tell. Some of the stories are funny and some serious and I have a mix of "normal" scars, keloid and hypertrophic scars.  

There is no way to get rid of them but lotions (like Oasis Beauty's Rhino Repair) and oils (Bio Oil, tissue oil, etc) can help improve the appearance and with time, they do eventually fade and become less red and noticeable. Often I'll think someone is staring at my scars, only to discover that they hadn't even noticed them!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I have a large scar in the middle of my lower back from a major back operation. I rarely think about it though I wouldn't want people I didn't know to see it.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I really don't like me feet and I think that comes from my scars I got as a kid on my toes. I can't stand sitting and seeing my scars on my little toes knowing what happened. Nothing significant, but as a kid I road a bike without my shoes on and my older brother was chasing me....The bottom of our friends house was concrete with shingle throughout it. I went around the corner and fell. My right foot slid along the shingle concrete part of the house and well almost took my pinky toe and the next one to it completely off. I was lucky enough to have them saved! Everytime I think about it when I see my scars I shudder, knowing what could of been.
 I tho k for me it's not that I don't like them its more the fear of what could of been that freaks me out about them :)
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I've got stretch mark scars from my pregnancies, I have a scar on my lip that I got when a cyst was removed... I used to be self conscious about it but you cant reallt see it as I have a lip ring. I also have a scar/dent in my left shin from falling in a concrete drain. I used to be really embarrassed about it when I was younger.. now I don't mind at all ^.^
Macs
5351 posts
I have many scars. One on my leg. One on my stomach I had key whole surgery. Another on my shoulder from being attacked. I hate the one on my shoulder and plan to cover it with a tattoo.
Artemis
311 posts
I have quite a few and don't bother to hide or try to fix them, they all have their story and place in my life!
One is on my knee from the doctor poorly doing my stitches - I fell over on a school trip when I was 14, we were going to a Chinese restaurant and my classmates made up a rumor that I fell on purpose to avoid going on the trip because my parents were racist. In all honesty, my parents were close friends with the restaurant owners and we used to eat there all the time, they even gave me a job there! High school girls are so lovely, aye.

Then I have my chicken pox scars from when I was 22. Yes, I didnt get chicken pox til I was 22! I have a few scattered round my body, they are white but not too noticable. Everyone says chicken pox is worse as an adult but I had a pretty good time, barely felt like I had a cold (was a bit itchy but hardly even had any pox) and spent most of the time in bed watching The Golden Girls.

My main one is the scar I got in October 2014 after an emergency C-section when my son was born. I had a really bad pregnancy, then things went pear-shaped in labour with fetal distress and failure to progress, and my sons heartrate dropped. They saved him quickly and all was well. But I have quite a large scar that had developed a hematoma (Blood blister thing) and its very noticable. Above that is a blemish of skin pigmentation that developed in my first pregnancy (I had a miscarriage) and never went away, a little permanent reminder.

Theres the story of my life, told in scars - next week, my tattoos! haha.
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for sharing Artemis. I would definitely love to hear about your tattos. 
Filoaha
67 posts
I have a few, and I'm not really bothered by any of them, except for the one right on the inside of my right knee that goes up into my thigh, it annoys me a little bit.

I have:
- One on my left foot from my bicycle peddle digging into it when I was a kid.
- One on the inside of my right knee/thigh from falling through a boat ramp and a nail gouging me.
- Three on my stomach from having my appendix removed. 
- Old belly button piercing mark. 
- One on my right elbow from I don't even know it's just always been there! 

Add in a little bit of light acne scarring down one side of my face and thats me! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
They used to bother me but now I just don't really notice. I have chicken pox scars from getting it at 20. I was isolated with my younger annoying at the time sister. I actually picked off some of the scabs earlier trying to get out of quantine earlier. lol I have a really big one on my leg from falling on concrete steps. I actually probably could've gotten stitches for it as it was a fairly deep wound but it healed fine.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I have a couple of biking scars but they've faded a bit over the years. And a small one on my hand that I don't know how I got. They're all small so they don't really bother me.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm glad you survived your cancer Lana Allison!

I have a big scar on my arm from a tattoo removal and one on my leg from having MRSA (flesh eating bug). I'm not really bothered by either of them.

Oh! forgot, also have one from a C section. I um no longer have a flat stomach so the scar is the least of my worries...
Macs
5351 posts
Thats quite a few scars Maree. My mum had a C section from having me. I must say her scar lines still had stitches marks. Not as precise as todays doctors. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Mine's not too bad Macs - I was never going to be wearing a bikini anyway, so it hasn't ever bothered me :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Wow Lana,  going through cancer at such a young age must have been such an unreal experience for you. I'm so glad you are here now to talk about it.
I'm covered in scars. I have four children so I'm covered in stretch marks, I also gained alot of weight quickly when I was really depressed and gained more stretch marks. I think I hate all of these marks the most, just because there are so many. They are fading but they will never completely be gone.
I also have scarred knees from falling off bikes as a kid, a small line on my thumb that I don't know how it got there, a scar around my left thigh from a rope burn incident when I was 12- its pretty faded now though, I also have chicken pox scars on my legs as I could never leave those things alone lol.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I have so many scars it would be boring to read about them all. I was the same as many and hated them so much. Now at nearly 40 I see them as what I've been through.

I have a massive scare down my spine from surgeries. It's getting a tattoo to make a feature of it. It's all designed and ready to go. I can't get it yet as there is a possibility of yet another fusion. Once I get the all clear it's getting done
I have four scars on my stomach from a operation I had, but I am now pregnant with twins and after applying bio oil on every day, twice a day (to avoid stretch marks) they are starting to fade!     I think everyone should embrace their scars and the story, it is what makes us all different.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!