Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Lush Bath Bombs

27 posts, 11 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey ladies. I am going away on holiday and my motel has a bath so I am wanting to purchase some lush bath bombs. However they all seem to have glitter which I don't want. Any suggestions for any bombs that are not all glittery? Or if not does the glitter stick to you? Cheers :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
kmart! You can get a pyramid of small fizzers, or a bigger one - smell them first bc some scents are great and some are a bit meh.

Also the body shop had some stocking stuffer ones that were 3 for about $15 that had their fruity scents that are quite lovely.

The Lush ones - I generally go for the non glitter, non brightly coloured ones when i'm in hotels because that means that you don't have to clean the tub haha. But it's not as much fun.

Often for travel i take a couple of wee Sephora bath fizzers too
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The 'cheaper' bombs from Lush don't have glitter in such as Sakura, Butterball and Fizzbanger. They're all lovely but don't put on the big colour show like the more expensive ones that also tend to be loaded with glitter. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Cool thanks ladies. I shall look at kmart Trudie. Soozie I was looking at fizzbanger I might grab that :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh I loooove fizzbanger! Very underrated bath bomb. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Eee I love Lush bombs! If you're having the bath at night, I'm sure a bit of glitter wouldn't matter that much - most of it will get lost in the bed and it's not chunky so you'll just look a bit more shimmery than usual. But, if youre dead set on not having glitter, I think the ones mentioned would be awesome. Big Blue is also quite nice, it's got sea salt and seaweed and while that's slightly annoying it's one of the most softening baths I've ever had. Ask the Lush team if you're going in store - they should know what has glitter and what doesn't.

You could also try their bubble bars if you don't find any bombs you like, you can see the glitter so you can easily avoid them :-D and I also have to mention the bath oils - they're so niiiiice. Whatever you choose, I hope you have a relaxing time :-)

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Shaz! Unfortunately no Lush in Nelson so I will be ordering online. Thanks for all the great suggestions. Can't wait to try them!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ahhh the dratted glitter lol

I can't think of any bath bombs other than what has been mentioned above but if you definitely don't want the glitter, I would actually ring the online store and they will be able to give you recommendations. And then you can give them your order while you're on there I believe. And don't forget to ask for a couple of samples to try too if there is something you are keen to try first.

If you do buy Lush bath bombs, please let us know what ones you found were good as then this can be used for others for future reference.

Enjoy your time away xx
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there, 

Try Sakura from Lush is one of my faves. There isn’t any glitter or bright coloured dye in it . 

MareeB
5241 posts
I've never tried fizzbanger - I love the name tho! Glitter is annoying, I just love the sweet smelling products and prefer bubble bars and soaps from Lush. They have some jelly bombs, they might not be so glittery?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I wouldn't bother with the jelly bombs. Complete miss in my book. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Were they soozie? shame, they sound kinda cool.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm curious about those jelly bombs Soozie. I thought it's so concentrated that a quarter or half would probably be the equivalent of a fullsized normal bath bomb.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm not entirely sure what you mean Tannygirl, but the idea of the jelly bomb is that they turn the water to jelly. They're not in a jelly form before you put them in water like the shower jellies are. I got the Dark Arts one in a Halloween gift set and just ended up with some globby black bits in the bath. Some people have had no jelly from them at all. Apparently you have to use really hot water for them to work. 
MissQT
1547 posts
Those bath bombs all sound great. This thread has just reminded me that I have some lush bath bombs I must use.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Soozie, from what I've seen online those bath bombs add heaps of color and stuff to the water. They really seem to pack a punch in term of bath bombs. So I was wondering instead using the whole bath bomb if you cut it in half or quarters would you get as much scent and color to your bath as if you were using all of one of their normal bath bombs?

About the hot water if you still have one of them left an idea might be to heat up some really hot water in a large pot and add the bath bomb or part of it and let it dissolve and then stir in the mix with a whisk into your tub. I haven't tried this so I don't know if it'll work but I'm guess it'll probably mix in better with water that's not scalding hot once it's dissolved.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Just placed my order. I ended up getting the comforter bubble bar, fizzbanger, butterball, sakura and big blue. Woohoo roll on bath time :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, I don't think the jelly bombs are as colourful as ones like Intergalactic. I don't cut those ones up as I think because of the way they are made, you wouldn't get the same show if you did. 

I only had the one jelly bomb. I don't want to be faffing boiling and whisking water. At the price they charge for them, they should just 'work'. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That sounds a great selection, Lisa-Lou. Enjoy!
shazatron101
5112 posts
i think itd be a waste only using half a jelly bomb, unless the bath was the size of a bucket. the only thing from lush i half now are the bubble bars. baths are made for relaxing and treating yourself, may as well go whole hog and use the full bomb.

yay lisa!!!! enjoy your bath time! :D
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
My package arrived. Omg the comforter bubble bar smells and looks amazing! I want to eat it hahaha. Also suprised at how huge it is. The bombs smell devine also. Glad I went with lush. Thanks ladies x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay! You definitely don't need to use a whole bubble bar per bath. I just break a bit off an crumble it under running water. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Cool thanks Soozie I was wondering that. Does it turn the water pink?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
From memory I think it does. I haven't used that one for awhile. 
I’m only sold on the comforter bubble bar it seems to make a difference to my bath bubbles fizzes smells great and pretty pink bath. Most of the bath bombs I’ve tried from lush haven’t really had much fix to them which I find a bit of a let down maybe I’ve just had bad luck with them
Wow, those jelly bombs sound cray-cray!  Think I'll stick to softening ones!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I keep sniffing the comforter it smells incredible! I am currently looking for a new place so hoping to get somewhere with a bath so I can try all the goodies :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!