Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

50 posts, 14 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have had some gorgeous weather lately! I went from wearing pants and long sleeved tops to singlets, dresses and sandals. It got me thinking what things do you do to prepare your body for the hotter weather?  For me it was defuzzing my legs and giving my feet a pedicure. I also like to start doing full body scrubs, last night I made a simple sugar scrub to get me started :-)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The only things I change from winter to summer are to give myself a pedicure (I can’t be bothered painting my own toes during the winter months when they’re hidden in socks and boots), and to exfoliate my legs and start using a gradual tanning lotion.  I also switch to a lighter night cream in summer, but pretty much everything else in my beauty routine remains the same. 
MissDilly
229 posts
Body butter daily to re-hydrate my skin after hibernation. ....and being pale I self tan so I look summer ready when I dare to bare the legs in shorts!

tabucutie
1811 posts
Leg shaving (for the dresses and skirts) more foot care pumice and foot cream (so I can wear jandals and sandals) toe nail Polish  (so it looks cute) moisturising daily (so much easier for me yo do in the warmer months compared to winter, I'm really slack)
MrsO
196 posts
More leg and underarm shaving, applying a gradual tan and moisturising feet, legs and arms, particularly elbows more. All of which I should be doing year round but I'm too lazy in the winter (haha). Oh and I'm now using a Natio SPF50 daytime moisturiser.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I need to get better at applying sunscreen! Already been burnt which I absolutely hate.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have cold feet most of the year but once my feet are out of socks all the time then I can paint my toenails, usually a dark blue.
MareeB
5241 posts
Loving it! Working too much though and its been really windy as well down here, so not getting the best out of it yet.I have my legs IPL-ed and ready .... 
MissDilly
229 posts
Ooh yes.. I put glitter polish on my toenails - nice and hard-wearing and always look pretty in sandals, slides, jandals etc. :-) 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I love putting glitter polish on my toes too, lasts forever. No nice weather today.....really impressive thunder and lightning! Great day for movies and junk food :-)
MissDilly
229 posts
The thunder and lightening just arrived in Wellington in time for the kids bedtime,  so my glitter toes are hidden in fluffy socks and we're going to settle in and watch the movie Elf ..... let's hope this weather is just winter being stubborn and having one last tanty.... hopefully the sun bathes us all in the next few days and weeks! 
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh MissDilly I was excited to see the storm coming my way. We got some thunder and a few drops of rain. Shame, we really need rain down here in North Otago. Slightly further north in Canterbury they got so much more than they need - poor souls!!
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh but I am working on a tan though. From 1 Nov this year it is the decade of Maree! I've gone vegan, started tanning,and am consciously doing the things I need to do for self-care. Loving it...
trudijoy
8375 posts
More frequent tanning, lighter and shimmerier/glitterier choices for nails and makeup, hair goes up and gets masks mare often, sunblock every single time I leave the house...

glad you're planning a positive decade maree, it really does work 
MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks Trudi! Trauma and stress have almost killed me this year, causing my disease to relapse among other things. Never again. So I'm making myself over in terms of diet, attitude, new job, and friends circle. So far so good!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Love the positivity Maree!
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Definitely could use more sunscreen right now... Have to dig all my sandals out of the tucked away boxes. Hopefully they haven't disintergrated in there hahahaha =D. 
Macs
5351 posts
Dreadful shaving every morning lol Not my favourite prep to do 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I'm shaving my legs every week, that's a lot for me lol. Never noticed it before but I swear my leg hair is growing faster than any other year before..lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well currently im doing IPL so shaving and then that and its truly working!! Loving it. Ill be tanning my pasty white legs soon and changing my deo to a hardcore one.

Id love to wear more dresses but i have no idea where to buy nice ones! I found one nice one in my lifetime and they bloody well closed the store here. R u d e.
tabucutie
1811 posts
City chic have the best dressy and formal dresses. I have a stunner I bought for my 30th but have nowhere to wear it to so it's sitting in the closet. If you are looking for affordable summer cas, I'd say boohoo or shein. Shein has some gorgeous floral dresses atm.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thats where i got my one and only from lol but without a store here anymore it sucks! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay for laser hair removal as that makes the transition from winter to summer so much easier. Otherwise I was having to shave every second day. I've also been using sunscreen all year round since discovering Mecca's To Save Face. I'm going to brave the mall next week to treat myself to a pedicure as it always looks much nicer when someone else does it rather than doing it myself. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh and much less make up as I am already on holiday! 
Sophia
203 posts
How about Pagani for pretty dresses?  Their sizes can be quite generous at times, also giving the ego a boost!  And not too expensive, even better when on sale.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
The hot weather has kicked in again this week! We went to go swimming yesterday and omg I realised I don't even own any togs! I don't even know where to go. Any suggestions? Definitely a 1 piece or maybe like a tankini with the boy shorts. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got my swim tank at the warehouse and I wear it over bikinis. My bikinis are all quiksilver , warehouse, Kmart or a couple of aus brands.

i get the quiksilver ones at 70% off in dresssmart usually lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I didn't even think of The Warehouse or Kmart. Will have a look when I head to Nelson in the weekend:-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lots of summer stuff on sale at the warehouse atm too! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Whatever you do, don't buy a bikini from an instagram ad like I did lol. It was a panic buy before I went to Samoa in July. I now know that the Warehouse stock swimwear all year round, as do Farmers. I usually get swimwear from Kmart but they don't stock it all year round. I noticed it's all on sale atm. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I definitely won't do that Soozie :-) oh yea Farmers, might try postie plus too
MissDilly
229 posts
I've bought Femme de la mer swim wear a couple of times now, online - they're an Australia store. Their swimwear actually celebrates curves and boobs and they're really flattering styles. I buy their Tankinis and just stick to a pair of plain bikini bottoms so I can mix and match. I like the fit and the shipping is quick, quality good and they always have 50% off :) 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks MissDilly I will have a look :-)
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh hot weather..please find your way to the south ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg Maree it's cooking up here at the top of the South! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Auckland's coming and going, it's low 20's and a little overcast today, so was perfect weather for a decent lunch time walk.  Over the weekend it hit 28 and was v sunny.  Very unpredictable atm, but at least the skies aren't yellow and orange anymore.  That wasn't fun at all .
MareeB
5241 posts
Lucky! it has come ok today but usually cloudy and cool winds. Can't wait for the really hot days to come.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm in Chch next week so I hope that it's nice :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Its gorgeous here in Whangarei but oh so hot. I have to wear a long black shirt, black jean's and steel cap boots for work and it is so unbearable at times especially when I'm out on the road. 

I'm at home now with all the windows open and the fans going ha ha ha.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Trudi hows the weather been for you in Chch? I just left Nelson and it's been beautiful there.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Really lovely, Lisa :) mid twenties, not too hot, lil bit of wind. Pretty perfect 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ugh so muggy down here! My skin absolutely hates this. I have given up wearing anything on my face for a few days as it just sweats off. What are some of your tips for not looking like a hot mess lol
MissDilly
229 posts
I've been skipping foundation lately because I could get away with just the Eco Tan tanning water which has been fantastic.  Other than that - a primer is a must for me if I use foundation, and I love facial sprays, and use them through the day whether I wear foundation or not.  The Only Good one is lovely and seems to work well as a 'setting' spray.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes for sure I love facial sprays too! The hot weather seems to break me out so I am looking forward to it being over. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol my life in auckland and in asia....

I use mattifying powder, and setting spray.  I have minis of the GlamGlow one in my laptop bag and my handbag bc it's a sneaky, easy way to refresh your face.  I have a primer i adore but i don't use it on my t-zone which helps stop the oily monster there. 

I also opt for small pops of bright colour via eyeliner etc instead of full looks which can look super messy super fast in the heat.  

Today, for example, I have a simple animal print sleeveless top and high waisted pencil skirt on for a school visit, matched with eyes done mostly with black pencil and a pop of gold liner, pink red lips, powder to set, powder blusher, highlighter and bronzer, and a top of the glamglow spray and my face has stayed intact all day 
MissDilly
229 posts
Skinfoods cucumber face mist is awesome when my skin breaks out - seems to have healing properties so I don't feel my spots are so 'red' looking ... Love that spray!  The muggy weather is the pits - Wellington is the same but with misty rain as well, so my beautifully straight hair style is quickly crazy curly by lunchtime at the moment - and there's no amount of product or hairspray to save me!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Trudi the glam glow spray sounds great! I have actually never used a setting spray so maybe I should try :-) 
Lol @MissDilly I can relate with the crazy hair! I have been putting mine in a braid every day otherwise it is frizz city!
Macs
5351 posts
Ah this hot weather is making my make up slip a lot . I always wear full face to work . 

Im lazy with shaving. I'm loving having my nails done lately . 

Ive been taking my kids swimming at the pools a lot . 

Id miss the rain .
tabucutie
1811 posts
I do the odd full face but probably just going to wait until the cooler months to get back into it. Quite enjoying just wearing a bright lip and a bit of mascara, so much easier lol.

Missing the rain though, can't wait till that part o the year!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've been trialing the Loreal Hyaluronic Acid and it's made my skin look so fresh! So I'm enjoying going bare face and feeling quite confident about it. My breakouts have gone away too :-) It's a bit cloudy today so perfect time to get some yardwork done and go for a walk.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!