Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Dry skin - help!

9 posts, 6 members
charly
456 posts
So... it turns out about the only thing in common between my first and second pregnancy is seriously dry skin.  I find body wash/soap a real issue, as it really dries my skin out in the shower.  Last time I used Aveeno but I'm TRYING to only use natural, fragrance-free, preferably NZ products these days.  

Does anyone know of any good natural shower products that could help my poor dry skin?  

(And yes, I know I should drink more water as it's the most natural fix of all!)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Have you tried any of No3's products?  

I've just finished using a bar of their Rosemary & Lavender soap with Mango Butter & Jojoba and not only did it smell really good, I found that it wasn't as drying as normal soap bars.  I'm just waiting for it to be added to the BR Brand Directory and then I'll upload my full review.
-Bex-
611 posts
aww Charly dry skin is the pits when your pregnant, I'm not much help but have you tried Lush's honey I've washed the kids? It's not drying and quite soothing. Good luck with your pregnancy hope everything goes well x

and Silvene that sounds divine! Might need to check that out 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I think the most natural soap that's fantastic for dry and sensitive skin is Sabun, only three natural ingredients and if you store the soap were it can dry in between uses the bar lasts for ages. I have sensitive skin that turns red in areas when water hits and I get covered in red blotches after a shower this makes my skin a little less blotchy. It's not made in NZ but it is sold here. 
charly
456 posts
@Silvene - no, I haven't tried any of their stuff.  That soap sounds lovely!
charly
456 posts
@-Bex- Actually I have tried Honey I Washed the Kids, but a long time ago.  Maybe I should get some more, although I think Lush uses a fair bit of artificial fragrance.  Could be wrong though...  It does smell amazing!

@tannygirl - That soap does sound very gentle!  I love the three ingredients idea!

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Only Good does some natural body washes and Bee Sensual does natural body butter and lotion to apply after your shower. You could also try somewhere like commonsense organics. They have an online store and stores in Wellington and Auckland.
charly
456 posts
Thanks Itscrystalclear, those are some good suggestions. :)
pintsize
1072 posts
First of all congratulations on your pregnancy :D
How far along are you? some products I could recomend would be best if used later in pregnancy so I'll stick to ones for all the way through for now

I tend to use Apricot kernel oil from the heath store... it's cheap and versatile as it can be added to other products or in with a bath
For the face only I love chia seed oil and also herekeke oil is another good all rounder.
Add some rose hip oil for any stretchmarks or hyper pigmentation as well 
Not sure of shower only products though sorry

Wishing you well through your pregnancy

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!