Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

26 posts, 17 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
What's everyone using? I've been using a Schick one for I don't even know how long, and I think it's time to biff it and get a new one. My legs thank you in advance :-p
trudijoy
8375 posts
personally I love the Gilette Venus or Schick Hydrosilk disposables, and the Hydrosilk bikini trimmer one is great as well.  I just got this for free on FlyBuys and i'm loving it for something i can use out-of-shower too.
Macs
5351 posts
I only use Gillette Venus. It's pricy but lasts me a long time. I reccomend that brand. Good luck for your search. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Sneaking in while on my break at work for a coffee lol

I think I use the Venus one too - the turquoise one. Seems to be the only one I've used at this stage that hasn't reacted or irritated my skin when shaving.  
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hmm perhaps I should change brands! I don't remember the last time I even used Gilette so maybe I'll give that a go!
MareeB
5239 posts
I just use Pam's brand disposables. They do the job :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've swapped the razor for the laser! I do still need a razor for in between laser sessions at the moment though. I using a very old Gillette Venus that needs replacing. Might just go for the cheap disposables though as won't need them for much longer. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I use Schick hydro silk. It is my fave and leaves my legs so smooth. I don't buy blades I just buy a whole new one as it is cheaper.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I don't spend much on razors I tend to go for cheap disposables but then most of my hair removal on my legs is epilating when I do get around to it. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Serious question but how do you guys use those small cheap ones without cutting yourself? Every time I try ( needs must sometimes especially when you forget and end up using a hotel one) I end up bleeding
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi, thanks for reminding why I shouldn't use the cheap disposables!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Haha I also cut myself with those cheap razors. They also give me razor rash soooooo bad!
trudijoy
8375 posts
glad it's not just me! was thinking i'd missed some random 'how to use them' tip
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
All razors give me a rash. Hence the laser. 
Macs
5351 posts
I have old cuts around ankles from those small cheap razors . Never again. I love my gillette , I just replace the heads.
Imoshen
461 posts
I've been doing the IPL thing since December and still getting regrowth but I'm  happy with that, I have blonde hair so don't expect it to all suddenly drop out and stop growing.  I am finding I need to shave at least once a week though (probably twice in summer) and I'm using a cheap disposable.

Unfortunately I can't find the type I'm using but I'll use it until I can be bothered throwing it away and getting out a new one (talking months here).  I have been nicked a couple of times but that is more because those things are SHARP so if you put it on the wrong angle or put too much pressure on, next thing you know you're bleeding.

I shave in the shower after soaping up my legs with body wash, it's a lot easier and get better results.

Don't shave drunk!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ive been doing IPL since December also but can't do it on my legs as they are all tattooed so that is a bummer but I love my IPL machine :-)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I use the pan disposable one and I've only ever cut myself maybe 4 times tops! 
Julieal
915 posts
Luckily for me I have very few hairs on my legs so just use hair removal cream if necessary -My Mum and sister didn't have hair on legs either so I count myself really lucky especially because I am brunette and they would show a lot .
Ringy
825 posts
I have the purple razor - Venus? Don't seem to have any problems with nicks and cuts. I am doing at home laser and I accidentally zapped a tiny corner of my tattoo and man does that hurt! The tiny (3mm at most ) that it got blistered and there was a massive lump underneath my skin and it hurt for over a week. It was like deep down in my skin pain. I now stick white masking tape over it when I'm lazering just to be safe and the tape is easy to cut to shape. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I use schick. I think I'm using the hydro silk one. Schick ones tend to have wire in hen when Venus just has blades I think?
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have an intuition, I have never nicked myself on it but I use it rarely these days. I prefer waxing those little demons and this in home laser thing has me thinking about giving that a go.
HelenO
1 posts
Gilette Venius is a good choice. Sometimes I forget to take it with me and have to use one of the crappy supermarket razors- and then always regret it for days!

shazatron101
5112 posts
i think i ended up going with a schick - i got the spendy one with the built in lady garden trimmer lol. just treated it to some new razors as well (thanks xmas club money!) thanks ladies x
miajacob098
6 posts
I also use Schick and its quite working well. 
EliseMM
120 posts
For everyone that has commented saying they use IPL... I have very sporadically been using my Homedics IPL device for 18 months and noticed little difference. How often do you ladies do IPL treatments? I was told to avoid it in summer when your skin has tanned in the sun or you have been using fake tan, so maybe the fact that I don't IPl for about 4 months over summertime is what has lessened the effectiveness. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!