Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Natural deodorant suggestions

23 posts, 17 members
charly
456 posts
So lately I've been wondering about making the transition to natural deodorants.  

I am currently using the Bossy one, but I'm pretty lazy about applying it and often end up using my Rexona stick because it's faster.  

Does anyone have any suggestions about natural deodorant, particularly any in a stick? (e.g. easy to apply!)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lush have them. They have a soap looking bar and also a powder. We were looking at them last weekend. Haven't tried tho

I know you can also get a thing that looks like a rock ball like salt. It is perfect for the ones who can't use normal deodorant
charly
456 posts
Thanks, I'll look into those. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ask Mum Charly, she used to use a crystal rock one ages ago....
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wonder if you could break open the Rexona tube when it was empty and put the Bossy (or which ever one you buy) inside instead? I know its possible to get the lid bit off, I had to do it when my one was packing a sad with still 1/4 of the product left. Took a bit of my popeye strength though hahaha
charly
456 posts
Shazatron, I like that idea!

Trudi, thanks I'll check it out. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I really love the Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Deodorant c: I don't think it's 100% natural but I really love it

Macs
5351 posts
Theres that Black Chicken Natural deodorant paste or The Herb Farm natural deodorant. Both can be found on the Oh Natural website. I was interested in that paste before Bossy brought theres out. Best of luck with your choices.
charly
456 posts
TraineeMUA- I hate the term 'natural' anyway. It doesn't really mean anything. I shouldn't have used it. I should have said aluminium-free or something. I'll check out that one, thanks.

Macs - cheers for those, I'll look into them!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Natural Instinct also do natural deodorants.
MareeB
5244 posts
Hi TMUA -great to see you back :) I use tea tree oil deodorant, and I like it - except for the smell....
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Thank you ^_^ Super happy to be back hehe
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I have tried a heap of aluminium free deodorants and my personal fave is Soapwella (can get from ohnatural.co.nz). I have heard the black chicken one is amazeballs too but am yet to try it.
pintsize
1072 posts
I'm currently using the Bossy one and liking it but completely understand the ease factor as I too find myself randomly grabbing a spray when pushed for time.  I have seen empty deodorant cases in the past but as I had no need for them I didn't take note of where they were... I am sure or ol' friend Google would be able to help in tracking something down :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have only tried one natural deoderant which is the black chicken axilla one (brought from Oh natural) and its amazing. Before this, i was using the Rexona Clinical protection which is one of the only deoderants that works for me and the natural one is about 97% effective which i think is amazing. 
Ringy
825 posts
I get my girls a crystal salt one but it is in a plastic tube container type thing and smooth so it is like a normal roll on to use it- just wet and wipe on or wipe in straight from shower while you are still wet. I also got off iHerb the crystal spray one and roll on one, not sure how natural they are but it's totally like using normal deodorant - spray or roll and go. I don't think they help much with sweating but they control pong well. When I see the build up in their school shirts from normal deodorants it's pretty gross and can't be good for them (and it does my head in trying to remove it). I would love to know a natural antiperspirant one.
charly
456 posts
Wow, so many options for me to check out, thanks!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Heya Charly - as you know I wrote a blog post about natural deodorants recently. Check out Oh Natural ~ she has the Black Chicken remedies in stock tomorrow probably. They sound like a good option to try :)

StayClassy-xo
240 posts
The crystal ones I've seen in health stores look really neat but I've never tried one.  Do you guys find them as effective as standard deoderants/anti-perspirants?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I use a brand called Body Crystal and the unscented crystal mist spray before bed. It isn't an antiperspirant though.
katedraper
16 posts
Aah perfect thread to find. I was just going to ask all you lovely beautyreviewers the same question. Charly, did you try any of these yet? Sounds like the tea tree and the salt are recurring and well reviewed....I may need to invest in one of these bext. I was hoping the beautyvault might have a natural deoderant this time. No such luck...will have to buy it.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey katedraper,

This may be of interest to you :) xo
katedraper
16 posts
Oh! Thanks so much for that! Perfect :D

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!