Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

TRYING TO GROW MY HAIR

15 posts, 14 members
zarajhon
15 posts
I am trying to grow my hair out but it seem that is grows slow. I wanted to know if anyone knows good things that could help it grow faster. I have try a few homemade things but it didn't seem to much for the growth. I am open to any tips that you might have.
MissQT
1547 posts
hiya, I'm not in your situation as my hair grows quite fast but I've heard the mane and tail herbal grow shampoo and conditioner is good. I've seen progress photos and it seems to show some growth within about 4 weeks. I know you can purchase this from iherb.com. Here's a link to some of the reviews.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've heard massaging aloe vera or coconut oil into your scalp every few days helps. Haven't tried it though so I don't know if it will actually work.
BeautyCutie
130 posts
I think the main things which help hair growth are basics like having a healthy diet, drinking lots of water, and not putting too much stress on the hair by overwashing, etc. I've found heaps of great hair care tutorials on Youtube which are worth checking out! 
zarajhon
15 posts
Thanks to all for suggestion.
LinF
63 posts
I read this about vit E oil http://www.livestrong.com/article/537418-how-to-rub-vitamin-e-on-the-scalp-to-promote-hair-growth/ and since I have a stock of vit E oil I have been rubbing my scalp once a week. Haven't notice that my hair has grown any faster but I noticed that I only have around 5-7 strands in my brush whereas before I used to lose on average between 10 & 15 strands. It may not make hair grow faster but it certainly isn't stopping hair growth. You will have to try for yourself. I've decided to stick with just using pro-naturals argan oil hair repair and keep the vit E oil for my face!
skumpsolivia
5 posts
Useful Tips on How to Grow Hair Faster
http://therighthairstyles.com/how-to-grow-hair-faster/
misty_13
2 posts
BeautyCutie's quite right, I think diet is very important. 
And if you keep appropriate diet, make masks (with cayenne pepper especially) you should succeed. I'd also recommend some vitamin complexes for hair, skin, nails. Nature's bounty and Solgar have different, you can try it out. 
Jcw29
20 posts
Have you considered taking a hair vitamin or really any good multivitimin will help assist with hair growth as well as being good for you. I have quite long hair and luckily it's quite healthy, I only wash it 1-2 times a week and use heat on it only 1 day a week, so will not straighten day in day out etc. Also morrocan argan oil has been an amazingly good help in keeping my hair healthy and long and avoiding split ends, just make sure you buy a good quality one as there are alot of cheap argan oils out there that will just grease everything up rather than absorb into your hair and actually strengthen and repair it. Another thing i'll mention is washing your hair under cool water, that definately helps keep it's condition and in my opinon, lessens breakage.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Not sure if this will help but I found this article online from Cosmopolitan called 12 Tricks for Growing Your Hair Really Really Long.

Some of those may help with growing your hair.  

I also agree with Mane and Tail too, worked for me but I stopped using it as it dried my hair out and also made my hair grow which I actually didn't want because I already have way too much hair as it is lol. (I only used it because everyone was raving about how good it was for your hair).
Kaley
8 posts
Of course, you can try different shampoos and masks, but you can't be sure they will help, also you can waste money. My sister has been growing her hair for several months, she uses castor oil for this purpose. I should say, the result is great. I'm also going to try it, and recently I've found a useful article about this oil on https://therighthairstyles.com/castor-oil-for-hair/ that persuaded me to use it. I hope it helps!
MareeB
5239 posts
Thanks Kaley that's an interesting article. I've just started taking avocado oil orally, which is also supposed to help with hair growth. I'll let you know!
hussamabd
1 posts
i recommend using those oils for hair grouth
Clary Sage Oil
 it contains high levels of phytoestrogen, which is well known to induce and promote hair growth.

Rosemary Oil
This oil is deemed to be essential due to what it actually contains of high levels of antioxidants which help improve and enhance circulation and blood flow; thus, increasing cellular growth and regenerating hair follicles.

Carrot Oil
Carrots enrich you with plentiful amounts of carotenes and other antioxidants.

It is also high in vitamin A, it is known to spur up and regenerate follicle and skin cells as well as to support in hair regeneration and reinforcement.

there are more from essential oils for hair loss  such as Myrtle Oil and Horsetail Oil
Julieal
915 posts
Yes a healthy diet and use good products on your hair  to keep in best condition helps.
EliseMM
120 posts
I can confirm that castor oil works well! It is also highly effective for treating dandruff and a range of skin conditions.

I also use it every night on my eyelashes, and it definitely helps them stay strong, therefore grow longer. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!