Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Shampoo for oily hair and sensitive scalp

8 posts, 7 members
Irminene
1 posts
My daughter is nearly 12, and her hair is starting to get oily. However, she's had a bad reaction to a clarifying shampoo for oily hair [color=#1155cc]https://shampoority.com/clarifying-shampoo-for-oily-hair/[/color] ( Suave). 

I wash my hair with a bar of Castile soap and rinse with cider vinegar and rosemary oil; DD would like something more fun, I believe, than what her old hippy chick mom does.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey Irminene,

I have an oily, sensitive scalp and I wouldn't be without the L'Oreal Botanicals Freshcare Lavender shampoo. I'm able to wash my hair every two days now (instead of every day) and my scalp is no longer itchy and scratchy. If I try a different shampoo I'm quick to notice the difference. It's a bit pricier than other shampoos but it lasts FOREVER. 

Hope that helps :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’d look into an Ethique sampler to try out a few diff ones and find one that suits your daughter, plus is plastic free :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve used damage control and frizz wrangler. None of these are a perfect fit for my hair but I know heaps who swear by them. The range is in the link below but look around the site as you can usually pick up a sampler. They’re also stocked in lots of places including Farmers and Life Pharmacy

Here

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
You could also check what Lush has. They have some fun products and I would have thought they’d have something for sensitive scalps.
MissDilly
229 posts
Holistic Hair is fantastic.  You can get it at HealthPost online and in some salons I think (Healthpost is usually cheapest).  It's a NZ brand, and the trichologist is a hairstylist in Auckland.  They do a Sensitive shampoo and conditioner which have lavendar and apple cider vinegar in their ingredients for cleansing and chamomile for calming the scalp. I use holistic hair on both my kids (the Hydrating one) and my little girl has long ringlet curls hair and really likes it and her hair looks great.  They have travel sets at HealthPost too so you don't have to spend too much to give it a go! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I would also recommend Ethique. Also avoid any shampoos with SLS in as this could be causing the sensitivity. Sadly most of lush’s shampoo bars contain it so I wouldn’t recommend those at all. 
poohbearfan
45 posts
Enzo hair have a sensitive range. I use it and my hair has never been softer or healthier 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!