Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Purple Shampoo for Brunettes?

5 posts, 5 members
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I have light brown hair (which I do sometimes dye a more chocolate tone) but have always had a coppery tone to it which I don't like. Would purple shampoo work for this or is that really only a blonde hair thing? My hair is its natural colour at the moment but I was considering dying it soon. The copper tends to show through the dye which bothers me.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to buy sample or travel sizes of purple shampoo?

Thanks!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I used fudge's purple shampoo on both my blonde and brown dyed hair and it worked for me but it was also only a few streaks. Lee Stafford has a product for brunettes called blinding brunette I think which is a brunette shampoo that tones and restores color. So I would look into that. As for samples some salons might have them but I'm not sure where you can get them.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm brunette with blondey balayage and i use John Frieda tone correcting conditioner on my whole head, and there is a shampoo in the range. It's lovely :) it's meant for blondes but it doesn't have bleach so it pretty much just plays up the intended colours and tones out the brassiness.

Also, Lush Daddy-o is a purple shampoo and they'll sample it for you if you go in-store and ask, but the small bottle is only around $10 I think. Their Marilyn blonde mask is quite nice too.
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I have  a NAK purple shampoo as I am like Trudi and have brunette with very ash ombre, I can use it over my whole hair with no issues, its in a white bottle with a pale pink lid- cruelty free too :D
cristy22
33 posts
you can get shampoos that are colour of your hair so can get a brown red copper etc we have them at my salon and they fly out the door keep it looking shiny   and pretty maybe thats worth a shot 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!