Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Purple Shampoo

18 posts, 10 members
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
I know that there are lots of purple toner/ silver brights shampoos out there, and the prices vary so much. Does anybody know what differs in the more expensive ones? Is it just brand or is there more of the 'purple' ingredient?
littleparadise
178 posts
I've always had great results with Fudge Violet shampoo it is intensely pigmented with a deep purple almost syrupy shampoo. Cleans the brassy tones and yellowness out of my hair with ease
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
So what is in there that isn't in the cheaper ones? I guess I just want to know is it worth spending out on the more pricey options or will a non-brand shampoo have the same results?
Ngahew
152 posts
The fudge one is the best. Ive always bought that one for my Blondie daughter but at a pinch, the supermarket Nordic one is a good alternative.
charly
456 posts
I swear by the Fudge one. My hairdresser friend put me onto it. It has much more of the toning ingredients than other shampoos have, so you can use it less often. It's reasonably priced too for a big bottle.
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
So for example I use a Silver Brights toning shampoo every time I wash, then every few weeks I use the Nordic Blonde Toner... so why does the toner take more brassiness then the shampoo? Is it literally more 'pigmented' or is it because you leave it longer?
Ngahew
152 posts
Yes, definitely more pigmented! My girl left her fudge in way longer than required and her hair went purple. .she loved it!
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
Awesome, thank you :)
Ngahew
152 posts
Just to note: she was platnium blonde
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
Awesome, thank you :)
Ngahew
152 posts
Another note. Hehe.. My daughter used her fudge about once a week and left in it a bit longer but Nordic was every couple of days as a normal rinse through
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
Yea the Nordic says to leave 1-5 mins but I leave it for about 15 mins, but it works better than my regular purple shampoo.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh yeah totally ignore the instructions lol I have Lush Daddy-O at the moment and once a week I use it as a mask essentially, leaving it on for 15 minutes and then when I rinse out it really makes a difference, leaving my blonde hair lightened and brighter.  I get asked if I have bleached it again even though I haven't.  Not sure what the ingredients are in purple shampoo that makes the brassiness get lifted I think its all to do with the pigment of the purple colour, I could be wrong.
Mila
1209 posts
I agree the Fudge purple shampoo was my favourite when I had platinum blonde hair.  I never really followed the instructions either sometimes  I would leave it longer to get a lovely shade of lilac and other times I would just use it to get the brassiness out. 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Blonde ladies are so fortunate, my hair is boring brown lol :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Amanda I've used purple shampoo (Lush Daddy-O) on my dyed dark brown hair (used it when it was black with pink and purple too) - was nice, made it soft and shiny haha.
Best one I have used is the Fudge one, it is totally worth the money and actually lasts quite a while as you dont use it eveytime you wash your hair. Or Daddy-O from Lush is amaze, not as pigmented so you can use everytime you wash your hair. both smell amaze and do a great job!
MareeB
5241 posts
Hi Sarnew88 I use System Professional which costs around $32.00 from a salon. I only use it once every 1 - 3 weeks and it lasts nearly a year. I haven't noticed any staining from it and it brightens my hair and removes the yellowing very well. I never use coloured shampoo, in fact rarely use shampoo at all, and that helps stop discolouration.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!