Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

21 posts, 5 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Seeing as the search function aint working, id like to know...

Who has tried it? Would you recommend it?

Or are there cheaper products that do just as good a job?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
That search function is so useful, but the forum thread part hasn't been working for months.  I've reported it to BR via the contact form twice, but never got any response. 

I haven't used Olaplex, but did manage to find the old thread for you ... "Anyone tried Olaplex?"
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thanks silvene! That was helpful. I think i just want the conditioning treatments but its good to know the other stuff the ladies went through!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I bought #3 and #6 (i think) and a redken treatment too cos i saw it on insta and was like :O haha 
MissDilly
229 posts
Hello! I use #3 and #7 regularly. I tried the shampoo and conditioner (4&5) but didn't think they were anything special for the price. #7 the oil, is really lovely and keeps my lightened hair in great condition with the UV protection and has heat protection - which is great as I style my short hair every day with hairdryer than usually straighteners. I haven't tried #6 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh fantastic. Ill be sure to update with my findings. I think one is leave in one is wash out so yeah. And the redken is washout. Either way, am excited lol
MissDilly
229 posts
#3 is the wash out. I leave it in overnight and wash out the next morning, but have done the 10minutes and wash out and both leave the hair feeling really nice. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
#3 is so nice when rinsing out haha sooo sooffftttt

waiting for it to dry now. Using such a small bottle 2 or 3 times a week will get expensive so it might be a once in a while kinda thing. My hair is too long for those kinda prices lmao
shazatron101
5112 posts
Usually my ends are dry and knotty but so far... only a bit dry and barely knotty. I reckon im impressed haha
MissDilly
229 posts
I love #3 too! I have quite short hair so don't need as much, but I know what you mean - it wouldn't take long to use up at 2-3 times a week.   I use it every couple of weeks, and use the oil daily. It's definitely a bit scary when you see the size of the bottles against price - but the oil lasted me more than 6 months - you only need a drop of oil, maybe two for long hair. It's not a heavy oil either.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wanted the oil but stuck with treatments - and then yesterday i get an email saying buy 2 get the 3rd 50% off. Cue eye roll and a sigh, typical!!
MissDilly
229 posts
That's always the way! From what I've read - #6 and #7 are similar - just a different consistency. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ah thats alright then. The smell is a bit ah.. cleaning product-y :/
shazatron101
5112 posts
I used the redken stuff today! Its so WEIRD!

I put it in after shampooing and it heated automatically in my hair! Like an instant hot oil treatment, it was wild
MareeB
5239 posts
What is the Redkin product Shaz? I've been looking for a warming treatment but I haven't been able to find one since I tried a fabulous Schwartzkopf one from a BR trial or BBBE (Can't remember which one it came from).
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds interesting! I've never tried anything like that before. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh ill put a pic on the wall, i dont remember the name. I wasn't expecting it to heat up so i thought i was having a reaction.. in my hair hahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol i bet it was a weird sensation! I would probably freak out.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Where do you buy yours? Obviously i want to get it cheaper but its all around the same price haha 
MissDilly
229 posts
I buy Olaplex from The Beauty store. They're an nz business and free shipping over $35. But I do shop around and make sure they're the cheapest, which they usually are - but have bought it from Hairplus and Marketplace too. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Excellent thank you! They definitely are cheaper so im pleased by that!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!