Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help! Dry winter scalp

4 posts, 4 members
rachelgm
12 posts
Hi all!

Every winter I have the same issue where my scalp gets really itchy, as far as I can tell there are no flakes, just an itch! Does anyone have any recommedations? I've been using the Selsun antidrandruff shampoo for over a year and it's always done the trick, but at the moment I just can't shake it! 

I've noticed it gets worse when my hair gets oily, so any tips at this stage will be fab!
AboutFace
412 posts
Crush 2 or 3 aspirin and mix with shampoo in your hand then rub into your scalp. This is a good alternative to anti-dandruff shampoo and was recommended to me by a hairdresser. Or you could try either cider or white vinegar as a final rinse. Hope this helps :-)
MissDilly
229 posts
I don't typically have a flaky scalp but I do a apple cider vinegar rinse a couple of times a month to clear out product build up etc which I find helps as my scalp does feel itchy at times. I've also noticed Essano have brought out shampoo & conditioner for flaky/itchy scalp and product build up. They would be worth a go - I love their hair products. 
MareeB
5239 posts
A raw vegan detox will cure all dry flakey skin no matter where on your body. I also rinse my scalp with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water every time I wash my hair. I never have dandruff or dry scalp any more.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!