Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help! Dry winter scalp

4 posts, 4 members
rachelgm
12 posts
Hi all!

Every winter I have the same issue where my scalp gets really itchy, as far as I can tell there are no flakes, just an itch! Does anyone have any recommedations? I've been using the Selsun antidrandruff shampoo for over a year and it's always done the trick, but at the moment I just can't shake it! 

I've noticed it gets worse when my hair gets oily, so any tips at this stage will be fab!
AboutFace
247 posts
Crush 2 or 3 aspirin and mix with shampoo in your hand then rub into your scalp. This is a good alternative to anti-dandruff shampoo and was recommended to me by a hairdresser. Or you could try either cider or white vinegar as a final rinse. Hope this helps :-)
MissDilly
REVIEW HERO
228 posts
REVIEW HERO
I don't typically have a flaky scalp but I do a apple cider vinegar rinse a couple of times a month to clear out product build up etc which I find helps as my scalp does feel itchy at times. I've also noticed Essano have brought out shampoo & conditioner for flaky/itchy scalp and product build up. They would be worth a go - I love their hair products. 
MareeB
REVIEW HERO
4599 posts
REVIEW HERO
A raw vegan detox will cure all dry flakey skin no matter where on your body. I also rinse my scalp with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water every time I wash my hair. I never have dandruff or dry scalp any more.

WIN a $1300 BEAUTY PRIZE PACK!

We want to know about your beauty shopping habits - particularly your online shopping habits!

Take our quick survey and you could win...it's that easy!

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE!